Where Does Nick Foles Go in 2019?

footbull3196

Which team does Nick Foles go to in 2019?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which team does Nick Foles go to in 2019?

5 hours ago, Kiltman said:

kinda, it's strange but yeah he'd take staying in Philly over a bad situation where he's a stop gap.
Hence why he allegedly didn't want to go to Cleveland last year, he knew they'd take a QB with one of those two picks.

I think any team that chooses him as THE guy and actually backs that up will get him.
My money would be on Jacksonville or Miami from that list. I think the Bengals should maybe just realize Dalton will never be much and try to give nick a chance. He plays well in the winter...which is a big time trait in that division. But that doesn't seem like a Bengals move.

That's an awfully risky move for the Bengals without a lot of upside. Nick makes sense as a stop gap. He doesn't make sense as a bet everything on him QB.

32 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That's an awfully risky move for the Bengals without a lot of upside. Nick makes sense as a stop gap. He doesn't make sense as a bet everything on him QB.

Well he's shown he can win a game that matters unlike Dalton, so there is a bit of upside...I don't see it happening though...just trying to think outside the box where he could go.

I think he only leaves if he gets the keys for a year or two. And a lot of these other situations he's just gonna be one of the guys brought in.
I hope he goes to Jacksonville, solid team that just lacks a QB.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Well he's shown he can win a game that matters unlike Dalton, so there is a bit of upside...I don't see it happening though...just trying to think outside the box where he could go.

I think he only leaves if he gets the keys for a year or two. And a lot of these other situations he's just gonna be one of the guys brought in.

I still think that Dalton would have won a couple of playoff games in 2015 if he hadn’t gotten injured.  Not sure if he would have made it out of the AFC Championship Game tho

Just now, footbull3196 said:

I still think that Dalton would have won a couple of playoff games in 2015 if he hadn’t gotten injured.  Not sure if he would have made it out of the AFC Championship Game tho

Maybe, and he's not the biggest problem they have for sure. 

12 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Isn't he content to stay in Philly or something?

This year yes, Next FA probably not so much. He's going to get offers that will far exceed being a back up in Philly. So regardless of his love for Philadelphia,  as a business man, husband , father he should  take that deal.

What he has going for him though is leverage. He can pick and choose where to go or just stay. Even if the option is picked up and excepted  I think Howie allows him to pick his destination regardless  of the compensation the Eagles get back in return.

Getting a 4th, 5th or 6th instead of nothing.

Question though. Nick is offered and signs said tender for $20M. Can he be  extended to a long term contract via trade, afterwards? Sign two contracts within months? If not , He will be a FA IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

This year yes, Next FA probably not so much. He's going to get offers that will far exceed being a back up in Philly. So regardless of his love for Philadelphia,  as a business man, husband , father he should  take that deal.

What he has going for him though is leverage. He can pick and choose where to go or just stay. Even if the option is picked up and excepted  I think Howie allows him to pick his destination regardless  of the compensation the Eagles get back in return.

Getting a 4th, 5th or 6th instead of nothing.

Question though. Nick is offered and signs said tender for $20M. Can he be  extended to a long term contract via trade, afterwards? Sign two contracts within months? If not , He will be a FA IMO. 

Being that the Eagles are in no position to sign free agents anyway, best to just let him walk and get the comp pick, no?

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Being that the Eagles are in no position to sign free agents anyway, best to just let him walk and get the comp pick, no?

Most likely scenario yes, but with the eventual releases of some key Vets with large contracts/cap #'s,  our ability in FA or lack there of is being severely overblown.

If Howie is great at anything,  its manipulating the Cap. 2019 was always that year IMO when the Peter's, Sproles, Grahams, etc were let go.

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Most likely scenario yes, but with the eventual releases of some key Vets with large contracts/cap #'s,  our ability in FA or lack there of is being severely overblown.

If Howie is great at anything,  its manipulating the Cap.

I mean, you're going to need to release vets just to sign your rookies. They're projected right now as -12M in cap room right now. The Eagles very likely won't sign a single FA to a large deal. Realistically, they'll only be able to afford a few players worth a damn. They seem like the perfect candidate to simply let a player walk for the comp pick (which, if Foles does indeed become a starting QB somewhere, would be at least a 4th anyway).

I'm sure Howie has a plan but I highly doubt that plan includes spending big in 2019 Free Agency. And if that's the case, best to just take the comp pick and let Foles choose where to go. That's all I'm saying.

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean, you're going to need to release vets just to sign your rookies. They're projected right now as -12M in cap room - The Eagles very likely won't sign a single FA to a large deal. In reality they could only afford a few at all. They seem like the perfect candidate to simply let a player walk for the comp pick (which, if Foles does indeed become a starting QB somewhere, would be at least a 4th anyway).

Article explaining  $57M in potential cuts. Wont be an issue.

A look ahead to the Eagles' 2019 salary cap | PhillyVoice
https://www.phillyvoice.com/look-ahead-eagles-2019-salary-cap/

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

$57M in cuts would still leave the Eagles in a position that they cannot sign major free agents. Still have to sign rookies and players to fill up the 53.

Plus the largest cut on that site is Foles, lol.

Which begs the question - is it better to try to trade him or let him walk for the comp pick?

Comp pick is a no brainer, tbh.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:
2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

$57M in cuts would still leave the Eagles in a position that they cannot sign major free agents. Still have to sign rookies and players to fill up the 53.

Plus the largest cut on that site is Foles, lol.

I've already agreed he's most likely let go and we get the comp pick? Just debunking your theory that it's impossible for the Eagles to sign any FA in 2019.

Just now, Nabbs4u said:

I've already agreed he's most likely let go and we get the comp pick? Just debunking your theory that it's impossible for the Eagles to sign any FA in 2019.

I wasn't really saying they wouldn't sign any free agents. That's just absurd. Every team needs to sign free gaents to fill up the 53 (not to mention camp bodies).

I was merely saying they would not be a big player in free agency so far as big-name free agents go.

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I wasn't really saying they wouldn't sign any free agents. That's just absurd. Every team needs to sign free gaents to fill up the 53 (not to mention camp bodies).

I was merely saying they would not be a big player in free agency so far as big-name free agents go.

Define big FA? If they clear $57M it puts them what the 45 range above the cap? How much is allotted to Rookies? Truly dont pay attention?

What FA could we not sign if stupid enough to sell the farm? We wouldn't  but ,who?

That wouldn't  be enough for LeVeon and his 15-20 per? If they so choose? Not going to but not enough?

Cap Guru I am not.

2 hours ago, Kiltman said:

You have to get to the games that matter, though.

Archived