It’s The Final Countdown! Week17GDT: The Folesadelphia Repeaters vs The Washington Culturally Insensitive Names

EaglesPeteC

I'm just happy to be here after what was quite frankly a disastrous season. Defending champs that were 4-6 coming off a 40 pt loss, doesn't get much lower than that... but St. Nick came just in time to save our season, 2 wins over the 2 seed in each conference, damn. Stuff of legends. Bears in Soldier Field? That's gonna be tough, I expect a low scoring game and if we win it'll be off our defense. I'd be happy to get one long TD drive.

I guess you have to give a pat on the back to a coaching staff when a team turns it around, but at the same time even during the hot streak (5 in 6) there was ugly play and questionable coaching, so I'm still not sure how to feel. I was never in the fire Doug bandwagon, but I was in the "maybe 2017 was fluke/all thanks to assistants, we'll give him a few more years" and think I still am. Just because he turned around a 4-6 squad doesn't have me thinking "THIS IS OUR GUY." Largely the staffs fault we fell into such a hole, the injury bug hit us hard no doubt, but look at the losses, so much of it is on coaches rather than personnel IYAM. 

Archived