Week 17: #FireBruceAllen - Just Lose - GDT Iggles

Ghostnote

51 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

With what money?

We can come up with money by cutting Norman, Brown & not re-signing a few guys. They can also structure the contract in a way that the cap number isn’t huge in the 1st year.

Bruce hates rookie QBs and he’s already shown he doesn’t want McCoy to be the starter bc he traded for Alex w/o even consulting Jay before hand.

It’s or something I want, but I feel it happens.

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We can come up with money by cutting Norman, Brown & not re-signing a few guys. They can also structure the contract in a way that the cap number isn’t huge in the 1st year.

Bruce hates rookie QBs and he’s already shown he doesn’t want McCoy to be the starter bc he traded for Alex w/o even consulting Jay before hand.

You keep thinking those moves help us. We're still gonna be 25th or worse in terms of cap space

6 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

You keep thinking those moves help us. We're still gonna be 25th or worse in terms of cap space

I thought you or Woz said we’d be 15th if we cut a bunch of guys. 

Anyways, I hope we don’t sign either guy, I can just see Bruce figuring out some way to do it. 

37 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Anyways, I hope we don’t sign either guy, I can just see Bruce figuring out some way to do it. 

But other teams will make moves too. Thus, the best we'd probably do is still 20 or worse.

52 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Seriously dude? You gotta read more than just what aligns with your narrative.

It puts us at 15th...but only if every other team doesnt also make moves.

Which they will.

Which pushes us back down

9 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Seriously dude? You gotta read more than just what aligns with your narrative.

It puts us at 15th...but only if every other team doesnt also make moves.

Which they will.

Which pushes us back down

I get that, but let’s just be clear I wasn’t dreaming when I read that.

It seems to me, you’re a worst scenario type guy so you’re natural inclination is to say we’ll have one of the worst cap space situations in the NFL and all I’m saying is that I don’t think that’s going to be true.

I’m just saying we’ll have some room to sign some guys.

It also doesn’t matter to me that much because I don’t want to go crazy in free agency. I think we re-sign most of our own guys and probably sign a few free agents and add our draft picks.

We are going to have room to sign guys, but lets be real. 

1. Unless we are shelling out a crap load of money, no real prime player is going to come here with the laughing stock of a front office. 

2. Cutting those guys will free up cap space, but we have a LOT of needs to fill. We cant do it all in free agency with prime guys or even solid vets and the draft. Bruce has made sure of that. 

3. This team is no where near where it needs to be mentally, physically and fiscally and until Bruce is gone or moved out of football, the culture is always going to remain stale and constant. 

4. Bruce will overpay for players and hamstring this team for years because he believes in a flash in the pants to fill the seats instead of actually building a winner. Because he is incapable of doing so. Tampa was prime example and now the Redskins. 

5. The amount of PR hits this team takes adds to the formula because we don’t conduct business in a legitimate fashion. Keep guys and sign guys that deliver PR nightmares, or cut someone that has a pro bowl season and gives his all yet calls out his coaches when the playcall was wrong. 

6. Injuries are a deterrent. We have been the most injured team in the last 2 years than any other. With nearly 50 guys on IR do you think that a player in their prime is going to come here with a greater risk or chance of being injured? And I dont care about injuries being a luck of the draw thing. It’s no coincidence that Chad Englehart took over 2 years ago as the S&C coach and we have had serious injuries. 

7. Mediocrity is real and unfortunately, that is going to play into any future signing for guys who want to contend. 

Bottom Line: Culture needs to change. Never going to happen under Bruce. Snyder has done to this team what he did to his other businesses, run them into the ground and lost sight of what it takes to keep a business profitable. And until Snyder can take the bull by the horns and actually #FireBruceAllen, the fan base is going to suffer. Free agency is going to be very boring for the Redskins for all the wrong reasons as stated above. 

12 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The only thing that’s going to fix this team is cutting all expensive players we can’t trade and trading all the rest who you can even if it’s for 7th or 6th round picks!!! It’s firesale time!!! But we were going to have a good amount of draft selections but Brie traded our natural 3rd for Smith💀💀💀. Then trades our natural 4th for Dix💀💀💀. So like every other year we essentially don’t have a 3rd because our comp pick is essentially a early 4th and same with the 4th round comp being a 5th.

This team doesn’t value draft picks!!! We still don’t get it!!! We didn’t get it when we signed Norman and essentially gave up on Breeland!! Breeland could have progressed and that move stunted his growth!! We drafted a steal in Fuller and now he’s gone and Norman will be gone so we have nothing at CB because we traded the best one we’ve selected. This team only thinks about now and they only draft for need which is why we suck!!!!!

I loved Payne but come our selection it was obvious Derwin James needed to be the pick!!! He was BPA!!! We don’t Loke forward as a FO we look at what sucks now!!! It appears they got lucky with Hamilton to replace Brown!!! But this team should have had Watson or Mahomes waiting in the wind to replace Kirk!!!! That’s what a good team does!!!!! What did we do? We allowed Reid to select his future and rob ours in the meantime!!!! Theirs no vision because this team hasn’t learned to select for the future because their bleeding seats now!!! Problem is bandaids don’t cover bullet wounds and we have many bullet holes on this roster. 

This teams only chance is to trade aging players on higher salaries for draft capital for next year!!! Trade back this year for a teams first and hope they do worse then expected next year. Take your picks and trade up to number 1 the day the season is over and select Tua!!!

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I get that, but let’s just be clear I wasn’t dreaming when I read that.

It seems to me, you’re a worst scenario type guy so you’re natural inclination is to say we’ll have one of the worst cap space situations in the NFL and all I’m saying is that I don’t think that’s going to be true.

I’m just saying we’ll have some room to sign some guys.

It also doesn’t matter to me that much because I don’t want to go crazy in free agency. I think we re-sign most of our own guys and probably sign a few free agents and add our draft picks.

Except it will. You wrongly assume that no other team will try to improve their cap situation. The Colts already have $118m in cap space. Other teams have over $80m. Some teams' floor of $40m is our ceiling. This is before any of those teams make cap moves.

Also, its not worst case scenario to anticipate risks and trends.

Can we sign players? You bet. There are only so many jobs out there. But with the cap going up and all these teams flush with space, contracts are going up. And those coming or staying with us, are gonna want bigger contracts than they would get in this new environment. @Wozcalls it the dysfunction tax. And it will eat into our cap even more. @mike23md lays out the rest very well.

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

Except it will. You wrongly assume that no other team will try to improve their cap situation. The Colts already have $118m in cap space. Other teams have over $80m. Some teams' floor of $40m is our ceiling. This is before any of those teams make cap moves.

Also, its not worst case scenario to anticipate risks and trends.

Can we sign players? You bet. There are only so many jobs out there. But with the cap going up and all these teams flush with space, contracts are going up. And those coming or staying with us, are gonna want bigger contracts than they would get in this new environment. @Wozcalls it the dysfunction tax. @mike23md lays out the rest very well.

Year in and year out these teams with this cap space have only reaped flash in the pan results!!! The jags!!! They had huge deals and had one amazing season. The Broncos did the same!!! They had an amazing year or two with 1 run then they both fall off. I’m still a believer the FA only hinders the future success of your team!!! This team shouldn’t invest any future money in any player this year outside of Scherff and The Greek!!! And both of those players are home grown!!! Depth signing are it for me and I mean that in the sense of not paying them starter money( Bruce Allen Special). Stay away from FA and trading for players and trade outs away!!!!!!! Trade Reed trade Trent trade Norman!!!

9 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Year in and year out these teams with this cap space have only reaped flash in the pan results!!! The jags!!! They had huge deals and had one amazing season. The Broncos did the same!!! They had an amazing year or two with 1 run then they both fall off. I’m still a believer the FA only hinders the future success of your team!!! This team shouldn’t invest any future money in any player this year outside of Scherff and The Greek!!! And both of those players are home grown!!! Depth signing are it for me and I mean that in the sense of not paying them starter money( Bruce Allen Special). Stay away from FA and trading for players and trade outs away!!!!!!! Trade Reed trade Trent trade Norman!!!

I'm not arguing otherwise. My point is that these statements about us not having cap issues are false. We do. Now, are we as bad as the Iggles? Nope. But with so little in space compared to other teams, keeping our guys becomes more expensive.

And for the record, Im with you on your plan. We need draft picks. And we need to build from within.

Oh, and I've rarely been for trading for players.

20 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I agree that we should trade Reed, but we are not going to gain the value of his potential. He just can't stay healthy. As long as Trent is playing at a high level, no. 

Norman is expendable this year. Just cut him. Gain the comp pick for the next season. This is why Kendall Fuller was so pivotal. 

Good GM's will understand how to balance the roster with FA acquisitions and making the draft work for them. Its a very delicate balance and there are some that are very good, and some that are very lucky and the others just try. Then there is one that has no clue and squeezes the life out of the entire fanbase. 

20 minutes ago, mike23md said:

I agree that we should trade Reed, but we are not going to gain the value of his potential. He just can't stay healthy. As long as Trent is playing at a high level, no. 

Norman is expendable this year. Just cut him. Gain the comp pick for the next season. This is why Kendall Fuller was so pivotal. 

Good GM's will understand how to balance the roster with FA acquisitions and making the draft work for them. Its a very delicate balance and there are some that are very good, and some that are very lucky and the others just try. Then there is one that has no clue and squeezes the life out of the entire fanbase. 

I agree and while the comp pick for Norman can be cool I thought cutting a player doesn’t result in Comp pick’s and while I love Trent and couldn’t stand watching the best Redskin we’ve had over the pergatory era, he’s the only player we have to get value for!!! And if that pick is a high pick that helps up get into position for a franchise QB come next season then I’m not completely against it. Also Reed won’t yield a valued return but you can’t continue to invest the money for the results!!! At this point he either repays the team for its patience and reworks his deal realizing he’s given us little to nothing since signing or bye. I’m not against selecting a QB this year in the draft. But that said it’s time to make a comeptent move for the future in this draft or you sell for the next years class. Because bill Gates and Donald Trump themselves couldn’t even market this team at this point without a glimpse of hope towards the future!!! And If Gruden wants any shot at coaching past next season it will reuire a rookie QB!!!

1 minute ago, ripsean21 said:

I agree and while the comp pick for Norman can be cool I thought cutting a player doesn’t result in Comp pick’s and while I love Trent and couldn’t stand watching the best Redskin we’ve had over the pergatory era, he’s the only player we have to get value for!!! And if that pick is a high pick that helps up get into position for a franchise QB come next season then I’m not completely against it. Also Reed won’t yield a valued return but you can’t continue to invest the money for the results!!! At this point he either repays the team for its patience and reworks his deal realizing he’s given us little to nothing since signing or bye. I’m not against selecting a QB this year in the draft. But that said it’s time to make a comeptent move for the future in this draft or you sell for the next years class. Because bill Gates and Donald Trump themselves couldn’t even market this team at this point without a glimpse of hope towards the future!!! And If Gruden wants any shot at coaching past next season it will reuire a rookie QB!!!

Reed is still under contract. he wont be a FA until 2022. But he could be cut after the 2019 season with a hit of 1.8M. Reworking his deal doesnt negate the money owed to him, at least what counts against the cap. If anything it just extends the time he has on this team and the headaches we have to endure. 

Yes, cutting Norman will not result in a comp pick, but at this point, I dont want him or anything to do with him. 

I wouldn't be opposed to trading Trent, but I am not in favor of doing so just to get a draft pick. 

Archived