GDT: We don't control our own destiny edition

warfelg

I wish the Steelers would switch to a hybrid defense.  Please refer to my comment on risk aversion and conservative organization.

They are really lacking talent.  Shazier's injury really hurt them this year ( see every time that VWill was in coverage with a WR).  Hargraves is not a true NT.

this could be a great year to get a new DC..almost every head coach getting fired was a DC in the past. they have plenty of options out there that they should be looking at

the Ravens seem to always come up with a good to great defense every 2-3 yrs. look at someone from that staff

4 minutes ago, August4th said:

this could be a great year to get a new DC..almost every head coach getting fired was a DC in the past. they have plenty of options out there that they should be looking at

the Ravens seem to always come up with a good to great defense every 2-3 yrs. look at someone from that staff

Ozzie Newsome is also an excellent GM with a great eye for defensive talent. They are good to great because they draft extremely well in the mid rounds there. 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Ozzie Newsome is also an excellent GM with a great eye for defensive talent. They are good to great because they draft extremely well in the mid rounds there. 

true

outside of a down year here and there, they mostly field a top 10 defense. something we used to do until this decade.

lucky for us they don't have that skill for offense.

2 hours ago, August4th said:

Bengals just fired Marvin lewis

would he work as a DC for us? doubt he would want to come here tho..seems to be bad blood there

I was wondering what the fireworks were for.  My Bengals friends will be partying hard tonight.

2 hours ago, August4th said:

Bengals just fired Marvin lewis

would he work as a DC for us? doubt he would want to come here tho..seems to be bad blood there

Marvin and Mike like each other. Marvin's roots are in the AFC North. However, I could see Marvin walking away from football for a good while.

Also, fair time to point out that the Steelers actually overachieved in 2017 being nearly 3 more games than they were supposed to based on Pythagorean Wins. They were projected to regress by at least 2 wins (9 or 10 wins) and they did. Tomlin and this team overachieved 2 years ago and achieved about right where they were supposed to this year...

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Also, fair time to point out that the Steelers actually overachieved in 2017 being nearly 3 more games than they were supposed to based on Pythagorean Wins. They were projected to regress by at least 2 wins (9 or 10 wins) and they did. Tomlin and this team overachieved 2 years ago and achieved about right where they were supposed to this year...

You Tomlin lover!

Just now, warfelg said:

-10 in the turnover battle in the last 7 games going 3-4.

Can't turn the ball over that much, start inside your own 30 that much, and expect to win a bunch.

also have poor special teams

really can't think of many times where a punt or kick/punt returned flip the field in our favor

really need to revamp that unit

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

also have poor special teams

really can't think of many times where a punt or kick/punt returned flip the field in our favor

really need to revamp that unit

As much as I knock VWill, when Timmons left and we didn't replace Timmons, it meant less VWill on kicks and it actually hurt.

Archived