GDT: We don't control our own destiny edition

warfelg

Big Ben dictating terms again - asked about retirement said “As long as 53 is back, I’m back”. 

This is small because Pouncey absolutely is on this team after a terrific year....but I really hate ultimatum Ben. If you aren’t committed to success regardless of all things going your way, let the franchise move on. 

They seriously need to pull a Broncos when they had Peyton and say screw the Cap and go all in on Bens final year or 2.

I don’t even particularly care if they trade high picks for vets...like trading a 1st for Patrick Peterson or something like that.

Also wouldn’t mind them trading up in 1st for impact guy...preferably at CB.

Here are my playoff predictions: 

Texans over Colts

Ravens over Chargers

Bears over Eagles

Cowboys over Seahawks

Divisional Round

Pats over Texans

KC over Ravens

Rams over Bears

Saints over Cowboys

Conference Championships

Pats over KC

Saints over Rams.

Super bowl:
Pats over Saints

1 minute ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

They seriously need to pull a Broncos when they had Peyton and say screw the Cap and go all in on Bens final year or 2.

I don’t even particularly care if they trade high picks for vets...like trading a 1st for Patrick Peterson or something like that.

they need to be aggressive this offseason ..make moves for impact players in the draft and free agency

9 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Big Ben dictating terms again - asked about retirement said “As long as 53 is back, I’m back”. 

This is small because Pouncey absolutely is on this team after a terrific year....but I really hate ultimatum Ben. If you aren’t committed to success regardless of all things going your way, let the franchise move on. 

Pounced going into last year of deal...pretty much assumed he’s getting extension this offseason...stupid thing for Ben to say but probably just showing some support for his pal.

2 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Pounced going into last year of deal...pretty much assumed he’s getting extension this offseason...stupid thing for Ben to say but probably just showing some support for his pal.

That's what I take it as.

16 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Yup. But the onky way to do it is trades.No good FAs available. If possible though it works out because then it allows us to have an excuse for mediocrity if we move on from Ben and Tomlin.

15 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

So they need to get a top 2 pick to get Bosa like the Broncos did with Miller?

Denver had a great TEAM.  The team won despite Manning.  They could get after the QB and had very good CBs.  Denver did not get any Fa in 2015 that mad any difference in their season.  Now in 2014 they made some impact signings and got destroyed in the SB but those players were very important the following year.

Point is that the Steelers need talent.  Drafting 20th does not lend itself to getting the type of impact player on defense that they need.

Archived