GDT: We don't control our own destiny edition

warfelg

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

This. My biggest fear is that they go to ben and he says he wants Fitcher back or threatens to retire again like he did with Haley. 

I think he will point to the success of the offense, number wise — but it’s false numbers. The success of this team has come from the talent players being talented. Ben has looked great at times, but far too often he has been bailed out by AB or JuJu or Vance or Connor or even Samuels making plays. 

Honestly, if he wants to retire because we want to do what's best for the team.....thanks for the great 15 years.

6 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Last year, let go of an OC that scored 42 on the best defense in the league in a high pressure game. 

Do we let go of the DC after giving up 3 in a high pressure game? 

Also mind you:

This is 3 points and 140 yards to the backup QB, 3rd WR, 4th WR, 4th TE, Backup OT's, Backup OG, Backup C.

This. My biggest fear is that they go to ben and he says he wants Fitcher back or threatens to retire again like he did with Haley. 

I think he will point to the success of the offense, number wise — but it’s false numbers. The success of this team has come from the talent players being talented. Ben has looked great at times, but far too often he has been bailed out by AB or JuJu or Vance or Connor or even Samuels making plays. 

If he threatens to retire you tell him to not let the door hit him in the arse on the way out.

Our offense is pathetically inconsistent and our defense and special teams suck. 

I get it. I just think it’s a strange coincidence.

I don't TBH.  Just like that Jags game, it took them going up 3 scores and playing Cover-4 until we started moving the ball.  We scored a bunch of desperation points.

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Honestly, if he wants to retire because we want to do what's best for the team.....thanks for the great 15 years.

You have my vote of approval. Ben sees numbers and sees success - I see blown 4th quarter leads because we have no balance and no real offense (we just call plays). We can’t stay on the field because 4 play drives are cool - as long as you score sometimes, and being a gunslinger is key. 

You have my vote of approval. Ben sees numbers and sees success - I see blown 4th quarter leads because we have no balance and no real offense (we just call plays). We can’t stay on the field because 4 play drives are cool - as long as you score sometimes, and being a gunslinger is key. 

And the sad thing is we do have the ability to make long sustained drives with runs and screens.

I've said it in games before, but the fact that 2nd and short or 3rd and short is always deep shots is amazingly bad.  How Ben doesn't get put in no audible situations via personnel or formation is amazing.  If it's 2nd and 3 or less you need to be doing high percentage plays.  Sometimes completing the pass and moving the chains is so much better than going for the kill shot.  Yet they never get that.  And how many times do we run, run, run, pick up 20+ yards on those three yards; then go 3 straight incompletions on deep passes?  Just, as good as Ben is, he's is his own worst enemy at times.  He just can't sit back and let something that works happen.

1 minute ago, August4th said:

kind of scary how hampered the passing attack looks without Brown

Well....we have an elite #1, a high end #1 playing #2, then we have a slot only, a #5 rookie, and 2 ST guys that are bodies as WR's.

This is why I will always pound the table that we just aren't as deep as anyone thinks.

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Well....we have an elite #1, a high end #1 playing #2, then we have a slot only, a #5 rookie, and 2 ST guys that are bodies as WR's.

This is why I will always pound the table that we just aren't as deep as anyone thinks.

I feel that way about LB as well but youre right. All DHB is good for is ST and that makes him useless to me.

Archived