Bears vs Vikings GDT

Malfatron

5 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Not sure where the 'hate' came from. The truth is you keep making excuses as to why we beat you in week 1. That is typical of EVERY Bears fan I've ever met. 

The season record head to head was 1-1, yes or no? 

Yup they went 1-1. What's your point exactly? It's not really an excuse when it's true though is it? I mean it was Trubisky's first game in a new system. It was Nagy's first game as a head coach. Mack and Smith were both on a snap count. It took a miracle play for you guys to win after getting your butts kicked for the entire first half. Are those excuses or is what I said true? I answered your question so please answer mine. Thanks.

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

You too bro, two SB's over the last twenty years with two HOF QB's is something to be proud of...

1 in your history and yet you chirp! LOL

Seriously, good night to you and the other Bears fan! Enjoy your run............... it's going to be a short one though. 

Just now, Golfman said:

1 in your history and yet you chirp! LOL

Seriously, good night to you and the other Bears fan! Enjoy your run............... it's going to be a short one though. 

It's over for you, times are a changing...The QB named Trubsiky who you mock will be a nightmare for years to come...

1 minute ago, Pool said:

Yup they went 1-1. What's your point exactly? It's not really an excuse when it's true though is it? I mean it was Trubisky's first game in a new system. It was Nagy's first game as a head coach. Mack and Smith were both on a snap count. It took a miracle play for you guys to win after getting your butts kicked for the entire first half. Are those excuses or is what I said true? I answered your question so please answer mine. Thanks.

You won the 1st half, decisively, just like the Falcons in the Super Bowl a few years ago. We won the second half, decisively, in fact, more decisively than you won the first half. We won the game as a result. That is what happened. You can slice it and dice it anyway you want to make you feel better. 

5 minutes ago, Pool said:

So the Bears shouldn't have traded for Mack. Is that really what you are saying in a roundabout way? I've explained why the Bears are in a position to lose those picks. I don't know what else to say. Obviously I won't change your mind but they certainly didn't mortgage the future. Might it hurt them in 5 to 10 years? Possibly but I think with the position the Bears are in you make that trade all day every day. I'll say it again Mack instead of a 1st round pick this year, and swapping our more than likely late first for a more than likely early 2nd with the Raiders is not a huge net loss of draft picks. I think we also gave them a fifth or something. Can't forget about that.

No they certainly DID mortgage the future. Literally.

I don't think you will get a ring after this move. He gets you closer, but your team wasn't a Mack away from the SB either.

Would have been a great move if Trubs was a little better and experienced. But you can't decide when a guy like Mack is available.

3 minutes ago, dafreak said:

It's over for you, times are a changing...The QB named Trubsiky who you mock will be a nightmare for years to come...

If the Bears had to do the draft over again would they take Trubisky or Mahommes? or Watson? Just curious how honest you are. 

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

No they certainly DID mortgage the future. Literally.

I don't think you will get a ring after this move. He gets you closer, but your team wasn't a Mack away from the SB either.

Would have been a great move if Trubs was a little better and experienced. But you can't decide when a guy like Mack is available.

It's hard to argue with the results. I just don't see it really hurting them long term due to how young our overall roster is. I do think unless something drastic happens they have as good a shot at a SB as anybody in the next couple of years. Oh and for the record, you and I had a pretty lengthy argument years ago on the old board about who was better between Brandon Marshall and Jordy Nelson. Kudos to you for being right. lol

Just now, Golfman said:

If the Bears had to do the draft over again would they take Trubisky or Mahommes? or Watson? Just curious how honest you are. 

I think on performance to date you would take Mahommes. I would however take him over Watson.

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Really? Mahomes all day then Trubisky. I like Watson but don't trust his knees. Is that honest enough? Your turn now. Who do you think is more likely to contend for the division next year. Bears or GB?

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

I think on performance to date you would take Mahommes. I would however take him over Watson.

LOL and we draft bad. You traded up to draft the 3rd best QB in the draft. Watson is light years better than Trubisky at this point in their respective careers. You keep referring to stats, take a peak at Watson's. 103 QB rating through 2 years. 

Archived