Bears vs Vikings GDT

Malfatron

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Massie RT

Amos S

Callahan CB

Wintzman IOL (back up mostly)

Those are the primary players CHI have as FA

CHI should have around $25M in 2019 cap space plus whatever the bump is, so add another $13M to that.  $38M with the ability to add some with the release of a few players (Dion Sims frees up like $6M)

Let me know if I have this close.  @Pool

So what you're saying is they could go and get Kirk Cousins if he were available because he'd be an upgrade. 

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Massie RT

Amos S

Callahan CB

CHI should have around $25M in 2019 cap space plus whatever the bump is, so add another $13M to that.  $38M with the ability to add some with the release of a few players (Dion Sims frees up like $6M)

Sounds right. They'll resign Amos or Callahan. Massie won't demand much and has improved a lot this year. They should be able to resign him pretty easily. Losing (most likely) Amos isn't great but he is pretty replaceable.

Just now, Pool said:

Yup. Been a rough few? years for Bears fans. Makes seasons like this one that much sweeter. And honestly, who's trending up? Trending down? Feel like that one is obvious.....

One season is a trend?  Ok buddy.  Enjoy the Playoffs, it’s been a great season for the bears.  Not sure why you are spending your time on a packers board the week after your team capped off a surprise 12-4 season, but whatever gets your rocks off.  

Just now, Pool said:

I could say the same. The whining I see from Packers fans here after a losing season is ridiculous. lol

You could say the same about what? The Bears being 5-18 vs the Packers in the last decade? The Packers being perennial playoff/super bowl contenders year in and year out? 

I'm not taking anything away from the Bears season, hell, I enjoy watching that defense(when we're not playing it) but let's slow down. Your guy's rear ends are still searing red from all the butt kickings. Just keep that in mind. 

This season has been hell for all Packer fans. Very frustrating. Most of us are not use to having a season like this (see above). One thing I am happy about, new blood in our coaching staff, and some high draft capital, which we never get. 

Good luck in the playoffs!

Just now, Cpdaly23 said:

One season is a trend?  Ok buddy.  Enjoy the Playoffs, it’s been a great season for the bears.  Not sure why you are spending your time on a packers board the week after your team capped off a surprise 12-4 season, but whatever gets your rocks off.  

Not sure, really?

Just now, Pool said:
3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Massie RT

Amos S

Callahan CB

Sounds right. They'll resign Amos or Callahan. Massie won't demand much and has improved a lot this year. They should be able to resign him pretty easily. Losing (most likely) Amos isn't great but he is pretty replaceable.

@Pool would CHI look to restructure/extend Trevathan?    That could free up a bit more if they needed it.  Though he is a pretty vital part of that D

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No, actually, literally there is because literally I just literally stated a few reasons to literally believe it.

And yes, trading away picks is literally mortgaging the future. Like literally, literally.

Again a net loss of a one 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick is not mortgaging the future when you have a young team on rookie contracts. Our only "need" will be strong safety if Amos leaves. The following year we don't have a first but have 2 seconds. Again, not a big deal. We don't need the massive roster overhaul teams like the Packers, Lions, and Bills do.

1 minute ago, ReadyToThump said:

You could say the same about what? The Bears being 5-18 vs the Packers in the last decade? The Packers being perennial playoff/super bowl contenders year in and year out? 

I'm not taking anything away from the Bears season, hell, I enjoy watching that defense(when we're not playing it) but let's slow down. Your guy's rear ends are still searing red from all the butt kickings. Just keep that in mind. 

This season has been hell for all Packer fans. Very frustrating. Most of us are not use to having a season like this (see above). One thing I am happy about, new blood in our coaching staff, and some high draft capital, which we never get. 

Amen, thank you. It has been a long road back, I wish you all the same road.  :)

9 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Trubisky had 12 picks this year, Bortles had 13 last year. LOL! They are both better at running the football than throwing it. 

Dig deeper into this and post the rest of the stats. What's their comp%? Fumbles? YPA. If you honestly think Trubisky is as bad as Bortles you really don't know football.

1 minute ago, Pool said:

Dig deeper into this and post the rest of the stats. What's their comp%? Fumbles? YPA. If you honestly think Trubisky is as bad as Bortles you really don't know football.

If you think Trubisky has 'made it' you don't know football. Bortles is a game manager, when you put the ball in his hands trouble ensues. Trubisky will never be anything other than a game manager and when you put the ball in his hands and he has to get to his second and third reads, trouble ensues. 

The Jags had a great defense last year. An average QB who had his best year. That is exactly who the Bears are this year.

Remember Bears fans thought Cutler was the next big thing when he got you to the NFC Championship game a decade ago. How did that go and who beat you? 

7 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Act like you've been there before (a losing season). You could learn a lot about that from us Bears fans :P Honestly, as much as I cannot stand your team this year just sucked. Bears finally getting good and the Packers turned into a dumpster fire. And I don't say that to troll but I feel robbed of seeing some really good football games between our two teams.I really do hope you get it sorted out. I want to see some good GB CHI football games! 

6 minutes ago, dafreak said:

You couldnt tell from you message board...  :)

Grammar isn't your thing is it? 

Even a Bears fan ought to be able to figure it out from our Championship banners then. Were you out of diapers when the Super Bowl shuffle was a thing? 

Archived