Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

16 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I'm just thinking how ineffective IT was against Cleveland. He's easier to control due to his size. Would playing with LeBron give him a little more freedom? Definitely, but I don't know that it offsets the defensive shortcomings. Maybe not being the offensive focus will help defensive effort. I just know Cleveland doesn't have any Delly like defender and it seems like something they were missing last year.  

He was hurt against Cleveland. I believe he got hurt against Washington. He should be fine on offense. He's really good at drawling fouls which would be huge against GS. He's a defense liability for sure but it's not like anyone could guard curry anyway. Maybe just stick him on klay and accept any outcome that may happen. Klay is prone to go though shooting droughts in the finals. 

A defensive PG would be nice but trading IT for bev is pennies on the dollar. I think they have a better shot at trading Shump and their own pick for a defensive PG maybe later in the season. Someone like Corey Joseph could be realistic. 

11 hours ago, Raves said:

One of the main reasons I didn't want LeBron back was I knew how the offense would become.  I wanted to see what Irving/Waiters/Wiggins/Thompson/Zeller could've done under Blatt running a legit offense.  I mean I'm happy for the title, but LeBron has so much baggage and puts your team in a bad spot.

Yeah, Cleveland has really been put in an awful spot these last 3 years, what with making the Finals every year and winning a title.  Give us a break with this nonsense, man.  No one feels sorry for you and no one believe this crap that you wish LeBron never came back.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The reason he struggled against Cleveland was all the hard doubles they threw at him. He was pretty much trapped at every pick and roll. That obviously won't happen with LeBron on his team. I have my doubts how he fares against Klay, but that's another story.

Rose coming off the bench is definitely legit. Rose's offensive numbers were good last season, but his defense was terrible. I wonder if guarding SGs instead of PGs will help him. He has good size/strength to match up with opposing SGs, and won't have to worry about fighting over a million of screens. If he is able to guard SGs, then you could play him and IT together when LeBron is on the bench. Heck, even if LeBron is playing. It gives Cavs three shot creators. 

How bad is rose on defense? I've seen him lock in when he wants to and he's pretty decent. I wonder if he can do that in the playoffs when he's only playing 15-20 minutes a night and has the energy. He doesn't seem lazy on d. Just not that quick laterally. Maybe defending backups and SGs could be better for him. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

He was hurt against Cleveland. I believe he got hurt against Washington. He should be fine on offense. He's really good at drawling fouls which would be huge against GS. He's a defense liability for sure but it's not like anyone could guard curry anyway. Maybe just stick him on klay and accept any outcome that may happen. Klay is prone to go though shooting droughts in the finals. 

A defensive PG would be nice but trading IT for bev is pennies on the dollar. I think they have a better shot at trading Shump and their own pick for a defensive PG maybe later in the season. Someone like Corey Joseph could be realistic. 

Cleveland can't trade their own pick...unless they can convince Atlanta to trade back their 2019 1st Round Pick for their 2020 1st Round Pick.

How bad is rose on defense? I've seen him lock in when he wants to and he's pretty decent. I wonder if he can do that in the playoffs when he's only playing 15-20 minutes a night and has the energy. He doesn't seem lazy on d. Just not that quick laterally. Maybe defending backups and SGs could be better for him. 

Dude played no defense at all last season. Some of it is probably because the team wasn't all that good, but guarding SGs instead of PGs should be beneficial to him. To guard opposing PGs, a big part of it is just effort and how much you are willing to fight over all the screens unless you are just physically challenged. 

IT/Rose/Crowder/LeBron/Love or TT would be an interesting end of game line up.

Yes they can trade their pick since they have the Brooklyn pick now. 

Oh, okay.  I thought the rule simply applied to your own picks.  Didn't realize you could trade yours if you acquired another.  Carry on.

How bad has Jeff green gotten on defense? Can he guard 4s?

Are you trying to talk yourself into thinking Green will give you guys something? About 20 other teams have done the same thing and they come back with the same conclusion as everyone else.....LOL

5 hours ago, iothar said:

Does anyone think the Nets are guaranteed to be one of the 2 worst teams in the NBA? Bulls? Magic? Pacers? I think its a stretch to say that the bad team with no incentive to tank will be worse than just as bad teams with incentive to tank.

Their best player is a hurt Jeremy Lin.  They have intriguing pieces, but that roster is still absolutely awful.  There's no guarantee that they will be a bottom 2 team, but there are only 2 teams I'd say that have as bad of a roster as Brooklyn as currently constructed: Chicago and Atlanta.  Now Brooklyn's young players could take some leaps, but so could all the other teams you listed (Indiana is clearly better to me already).  Injuries could push other teams down to Brooklyn's level, but right now, they are clearly a bottom 3 team to me.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Are you trying to talk yourself into thinking Green will give you guys something? About 20 other teams have done the same thing and they come back with the same conclusion as everyone else.....LOL

No I'm aware he's bad. But I've seen every team try to play him at the 3. I wonder how he'd be strictly at the 4?

basically I just want to know if he'd be better than derrick williams. 

No I'm aware he's bad. But I've seen every team try to play him at the 3. I wonder how he'd be strictly at the 4?

basically I just want to know if he'd be better than derrick williams. 

No, he's worse than Derrick Williams...which is why I don't understand Cleveland picking Green over Williams.

Or Cleveland should call up Detroit and go all in at this point with the 1 year rentals. Find out how much AB would cost them. They could just have him play his full court press on Curry and wear him down.

Cleveland would be a perfect situation for AB. Let him go back to his full court press days where he just shot corner 3s.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

No, he's worse than Derrick Williams...which is why I don't understand Cleveland picking Green over Williams.

Yeah I was pretty upset with that. I was pretty upset we never even have Williams a shot to guard KD and just kept throwing Richard Jefferson at him instead. I'm hoping green gets cut in training camp.