Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

On 8/22/2017 at 9:17 PM, Mind Character said:

It's an awful, awful trade...Kyrie Irving is a transcendent talent...we neither got transcendent talent back immediately or the ability to get a transcendent talent in the future imo as that draft pick will not be worth a lot when people realize how non transcendent Michael Porter Jr. and Marvin Bagley are...

How do we not get either Jaylen Brown or Jayson Tatum in this deal...Danny Ainge got us good...and will have the top team in the east after Bron leaves...

Thank you Dan Gilbert for firing David Griffin a year after he won the title and for not giving kyrie's closest mentor Phil Hamby and the other assistant coaches new contracts immediately after they won the title and instead penny pinching and waiting until the day of the season to reup CHAMPIONSHIP WINNING ASSISTANT COACHES to their new contracts.

My cousin is friends with Kyrie's old girlfriend and said kyrie and all the players including Ty lue were pissed about Dan Gilbert snubbing the coaches like that...that's where it all started....David Griffin made a fuss and wanted to be president of BBall operations so in the future he would have the power to sign his championship coaches to new contracts right away in order to keep the positive vibes and momentum in the building going...a year later David Griffin was canned....kyrie irving traded...and Dan Gilbert wants us to think all is well b/c they got a shiny draft pick and a 29 point guard...

No one follows the nba closely or they would know that IT has a terrible hip injury that just yesterday Ainge and Stevens said was taking longer than expected to rehab. The hip is a major fulcrum for power, speed, and quickness which is the whole game for a 5ft 9 point guard.

With IT's injury, we did not get enough. If he sits out a major portion of the year due to surgery this deal makes no sense at all....When people come to realize this, they will understand that we got fleeced. The best player and the youngest player in this deal is leaving our team. A player 5 years older, less talented, smaller, needed a max contract in the future, with a hip injury that is central to his skill is coming to us with the prospective top 5 pick as the nets are predicted to be better than the Bulls, Hawks, and Magic. Only the top 2 picks get the franchise players in Porter Jr. and Bagley.

Kyrie Irving is the top finisher in the entire league at the rim. This has been said by numerous hall of famers and nba experts. He's 25 years old. Has the best handles in the league according to most. Is a 40% 3pt shooter as of recent and is big time in the clutch hitting the biggest shot in finals history with a high degree of difficulty. There is not a player to ever be in the nba like that to hit the trade market....

What we get in return is a 28 yr old soon to be 29 pg with less size, less ability to create on his own, a worse defender than kyrie, a substantially worse 3pt shooter, and a player that has to get next years max which will be at least 12 mil/yr above Kyrie's current max contract thereby pushing our cap number even higher.

We get a trash throw-away center who won't be in the league long

Jae Crowder who everyone is talking about his defense but forget in the playoffs this year the guy couldn't hit an open shot and celtics fans and broadcasters said had the "playoff yips" a guy not mentally tough in the playoffs that will threaten an opposing defense

And lastly a potential top 2 pick which is said to be Michael Porter Jr. or Marvin Bagley both of which are not franchise players as Porter Jr. is more Danillo Gallinari than Kevin Durant and Bagley has no offensive game and is more like an Andre Drummond...the top pick next year won't be close to Tatum, Fultz, or Lonzo...

If Jayson Tatum was in the deal, I could live with what the cavs got back because you get a special transcendent player...

As the trade is constituted, we got no transcendent talents...and Michael Porter Jr or Marvin Bagley are not it...they are decent players....if next year was a kevin durant type draft or a draft like this year maybe I'd be upset but eventually accept the deal...

Saying that we won or we got a haul is madness in my mind...

Flash forward to tomorrow when all these cavs fans realize Isaiah thomas my not start the year and may come back a step slow at 5ft 9 next year...lol...then their opinions will change...

On 8/23/2017 at 12:55 AM, Mind Character said:

good analysis...nets definitely not guaranteed top pick...

two elite players next year...if they have the number 3 pick...this trade is bad bad

On 8/23/2017 at 1:44 AM, Mind Character said:

he will be...Lonzo Ball, Fultz, and Tatum all have a chance to be. There a few natural scorers with the length that Jayson has at the 3 positions...he can truly score at will...did you see him in the summer league...the talent is there...point is Jayson Tatuma and the nets pick was a necessary return that the cavs didnt pull off

I'm going full on heel...

It hurts to have been so right...

Where are the Jae Crowder Truthers...or the people that thought the Nets pick would be top 5.... I tried to tell them it was a terrible trade to get rid of a young superstar for a top 13 maybe pick, Jae Crowder, and 29 year old no defense injury concern Isaiah Thomas.

Where are all the people that said I was crazy or biased b/c I loved the Cavs and Kyrie.

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Where are the Jae Crowder Truthers...or the people that thought the Nets pick would be top 5.... I tried to tell them it was a terrible trade to get rid of a young superstar for a top 13 maybe pick, Jae Crowder, and 29 year old no defense injury concern Isaiah Thomas.

Where are all the people that said I was crazy or biased b/c I loved the Cavs and Kyrie.

Good call on those predictions

6 hours ago, Mind Character said:

It hurts to been so right...We can to into the Browns forums and find your many wrongs lol 

• Like 1