Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

Just now, buno67 said:

I would assume just like any other sports town, Cleveland has some bad beat writers. Ill never forget one time when a reporter was questioning Irvings shot form

I mean, he does have a flaw in his shot that usually prohibits players from being good shooters. He's just done it for so long that he's been able to overcome it.

8 hours ago, utley4568 said:

I mean, he does have a flaw in his shot that usually prohibits players from being good shooters. He's just done it for so long that he's been able to overcome it.

but yeah but would you want a guy who barely played HS basketball, trying to call you and your jump shot/ form out after a game? The reporter who did it is one of if not the biggest tool in the cleveland beat writer scene 

No doubt Kyrie was tired of all the LeBron questions/drama on a daily basis. Dude is a pure hooper and that's all he wants to do. 

Now, obviously the beat writers and reporters used LeBron's name and storyline so much as it leads to more clicks. There is a reason every sports show will have 10 topics of LeBron after every playoff game. 

On 9/22/2017 at 10:59 PM, buno67 said:

but yeah but would you want a guy who barely played HS basketball, trying to call you and your jump shot/ form out after a game? The reporter who did it is one of if not the biggest tool in the cleveland beat writer scene 

Well, if the guy knew what he was talking about, then the rest doesn't matter.

6 hours ago, utley4568 said:

Well, if the guy knew what he was talking about, then the rest doesn't matter.

The guy didn really know what he was talking about. He got ridiculed by Irving and than got ripped on by th Cleveland sports talk shows. I want to say this happen right around the time Irving came back from his knee injury and was still getting in game shape

• Like 1

Unlike some Cavs fans that turned on Irving for wanting to leave Cleveland, I actually didn't mind his request.  I knew playing around LeBron with all the questions he was always getting about LeBron and how passive-aggressive LeBron is towards his teammates had to be really weighing on him.  After the Cavs go into rebuild mode again I hope Irving can get another title.

"I tried to do everything I could do to help the kid out"

"I wish the kid great health"

"The kid wanted to do what was best for his career"

All quotes from LeBron James when talking about Kyrie Irving.

What a crock.  Kyrie Irving is a grown man and he is repeatedly being referred to as 'the kid' by someone who is also a grown man.  LeBron James has three children - refer to them as kids.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, showtime said:

"I tried to do everything I could do to help the kid out"

"I wish the kid great health"

"The kid wanted to do what was best for his career"

All quotes from LeBron James when talking about Kyrie Irving.

What a crock.  Kyrie Irving is a grown man and he is repeatedly being referred to as 'the kid' by someone who is also a grown man.  LeBron James has three children - refer to them as kids.  

Lets be real, until he learns how to lead a team he is just a kid. Look at his mentality. 

And the earth being flat. 

4 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Lets be real, until he learns how to lead a team he is just a kid. Look at his mentality. 

And the earth being flat. 

He wouldn't have even had the opportunity to lead a team as long as he was playing with LeBron James.  He's taking the opportunity to do so. This is just classic passive aggressive LeBron nonsense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

He wouldn't have even had the opportunity to lead a team as long as he was playing with LeBron James.  He's taking the opportunity to do so. This is just classic passive aggressive LeBron nonsense.

But he did have the opportunity to lead a team and he didn't. There were lots of opportunities when Lebron went to the bench and he stayed on.  Go look at the miserableness that ensued. 

Hopefully he can take it to that next level with bahstahn.  I wish I could root for him to succeed but I can't. 

Those little bits of time during a game when LeBron would come out of a game for rest is not an opportunity to lead the team.  When LeBron would miss an entire game, that is not an opportunity to lead the team.  Why?  Because it's still LeBron's team.  LeBron is still there.  Leaving the Cavaliers was the only way Kyrie Irving would be able to get out of LeBron's shadow and I applaud him for doing it.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

Those little bits of time during a game when LeBron would come out of a game for rest is not an opportunity to lead the team.  When LeBron would miss an entire game, that is not an opportunity to lead the team.  Why?  Because it's still LeBron's team.  LeBron is still there.  Leaving the Cavaliers was the only way Kyrie Irving would be able to get out of LeBron's shadow and I applaud him for doing it.

And Kyrie had the opportunity to lead the team when Lebron missed games. The result? You got it, we lost.