Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

I guess it's tough to say. I would say that Toronto was better last year or they certainly matched up very well with that squad and beat them 3/4 times and only lost when Derozan didn't play. I contend they could have won had they played in the playoffs but there is no way to really prove that and I could also factor in the Stevens >>>>>> Casey edge and whatnot in a 7 game series. Either way Boston wasn't significantly better than Toronto last year if that's what you believe they were fairly even. 

This year I suspect Toronto could be a little worse in some regards but maybe a similar team and Boston certainly looks much better on paper so if you want to say Boston is better this year that's fine but the thing is this is an ECF finals team that lost 4 starters and I think 10 or so players it's quite the change and I know there are several upgrades and I know Stevens is regarded as some sort of wonder boy but they might not look like the team they could be right away. 

And also for one more year there is no point arguing who the second place team in the East we all know who is going to win the conference anyways. Not either team I guess I'll go with:

1) Cleveland 

2a) Boston

2b) Toronto 

4) Washington

5) Milwaukee 

6-8) Doesn't matter 

11 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

do you really need an elite type head coach to get you to run an offense and be a point guard? i understand your sentiment but i hope you do mine as well. 

To be fair, Irving really has not ran the offense and been the 'point guard' - all of those duties were handled by LeBron James, first and foremost.  You can bringing up the time Irving was drafted at the tender age of 19 on a truly awful team, but I do not think that is fair to him.  In addition, the impact of a top head coach is life changing.  I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I have really high expectations and hopes for Kyrie Irving in Boston.

7 hours ago, Troy Brown said:
15 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

What stood out to me about the interview was how he said he was looking for an offensive system with plays, pick and rolls, designs, etc. He was sick of ISO and playing on a team revolving around 1 player, albeit the best in the world. 

he's an iso player through and through though. rarely have we seen kyrie run an offense, if ever. as a cs fan, i am nervous. very nervous. 

That's clearly why he wanted to leave though. He wanted to improve his game to be a true 1 and he felt he couldnt do that in Cleveland because of their revolve around one mentality. Not saying it will work out, but its nice to know the guy has real drive to work on his game and become a better all around player. That shouldn't make anyone nervous. 

Cris Carter gives some excellent insight on the potential issues between Kyrie Irving and LeBron James.  Carter uses examples from his own experiences with Randy Moss.  Carter stated that Moss was very eager to be mentored at first; however, at some point Moss got tired of people giving Carter and coach Danny Green 'credit' for his success, so eventually that led to Randy Moss trying to take over that team - He wanted to get credit for all the work he put in, not have other people get credit that mentored him.

Carter's part starts at 3:25:  

30 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Haha, yeah. Dude is definitely wack but if he balls out IDGAF

Oh he will no doubt. Many that are hating him will change their tune fairly quickly. Like that Miami fan dude in here who hated Lebron. After a little bit you could see his change in attitude. Still feigned dislike but you could tell he liked him xD

But it's a shame I can no longer root for him and he is the enemy now. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2017 at 12:08 AM, CWood21 said:

Was there any doubt they're better than the Raptors?  I mean, they were 2 games ahead of the Raptors last season and they acquired Gordon Hayward and Kyrie Irving while losing Avery Bradley.

Are you really going to leave out that they lost their best player in Isaiah Thomas as well? They got better, but it's due to Hayward and them getting gifted Jayson Tatum (thanks Brooklyn). Thomas and Irving are pretty much equal.

Edited by Tyronnosaurus

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Had to be annoying dealing with this constantly (not this specific quote or question, but things related to it).

Lol tell me about it. 

Like 80% of the questions were about LeBron and an attempt to create a headline. An example of that was where SAS asked Kyrie who's better LeBron or KD. Kyrie even said he doesn't understand people's infatuation with just one guy. Kudos to Kyrie, he didn't cave in.

Edited by Kip Smithers
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

What kind of stupid question was that?  Good lord...:S

I would assume just like any other sports town, Cleveland has some bad beat writers. Ill never forget one time when a reporter was questioning Irvings shot form