Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

46 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But he can't expect to go to first take and not have those questions asked. I mean he really gave very little in the interview. So what was the point of this interview? 

He did say a lot of nothing as far the questions they asked but they were clearly trying to lead him down a path where he would create headlines. He said he left because he wanted to be happy and felt that Cleveland created an environment that was the opposite. Then they tried to turn everything to LeBron

I listened to about 70% of the interview and I came away quite confused. Don't know how anyone can come away with anything from it. He just comes away as lost. Trying to find himself. Hey kyrie I love you man. Maybe with your cash, go on an expedition past that Antarctic ridge. Maybe you can find your happiness there?  Just looking out my man. Just looking out. 

I enjoyed the Kyrie Irving interview.  From what I gathered, Irving gave subtle hints that he and LeBron are not very close and were essentially just teammates, nothing more.  For instance, Irving said he spoke to Kobe to get perspective from a mental/basketball side of things while he was in the process of making his decision; yet, he never spoke to LeBron.  

I think the Celtics are definitely better than the Raptors.  I'm not sure who is going to have a better regular season record, but we all know how Kyle Lowry preforms in the post-season and the Raptors really seem to struggle once they reach that point.  The Wizards are more of a toss-up, but I still think that overall, the Celtics are the better team on paper.  The Wizards are pretty much a two man team.  John Wall and Bradley Beal will get theirs, but who else is going to step up for them consistently?  Also, do not forget the coaching advantage the Celtics will have over most teams in the conference. 

3 hours ago, showtime said:

I think the Celtics are definitely better than the Raptors.  I'm not sure who is going to have a better regular season record, but we all know how Kyle Lowry preforms in the post-season and the Raptors really seem to struggle once they reach that point.  The Wizards are more of a toss-up, but I still think that overall, the Celtics are the better team on paper.  The Wizards are pretty much a two man team.  John Wall and Bradley Beal will get theirs, but who else is going to step up for them consistently?  Also, do not forget the coaching advantage the Celtics will have over most teams in the conference. 

The Raptors beat who they were supposed to beat in the playoffs the past two years and lost to the Cavs like everyone else did. 

1 minute ago, kyle21121 said:

The Raptors beat who they were supposed to beat in the playoffs the past two years and lost to the Cavs like everyone else did. 

In 2016, the Raptors went into the post-season as the #2 seed in the conference.  The #7 seed Pacers took them to seven games in the first round and the #3 seed Heat took them to seven games in the second round.  This past season, they beat the Bucks 4-2 in the first round and then got swept by the Cavs.  So yes, you're correct, they lost to the Cavaliers both years, but in my opinion, they have not been impressive in either of their past two post-season runs.  Kyle Lowry has a history of under-preforming in the post-season.  With all that said, I would definitely take the Celtics to beat the Raptors in the playoff series without a doubt.

Sorry if this comes across as being too harsh on the Raptors; It was a reply based off @SilverNBlackFan saying the Celtics are not any better than the Raptors.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

In 2016, the Raptors went into the post-season as the #2 seed in the conference.  The #7 seed Pacers took them to seven games in the first round and the #3 seed Heat took them to seven games in the second round.  This past season, they beat the Bucks 4-2 in the first round and then got swept by the Cavs.  So yes, you're correct, they lost to the Cavaliers both years, but in my opinion, they have not been impressive in either of their past two post-season runs.  Kyle Lowry has a history of under-preforming in the post-season.  With all that said, I would definitely take the Celtics to beat the Raptors in the playoff series without a doubt.

Sorry if this comes across as being too harsh on the Raptors; It was a reply based off @SilverNBlackFan saying the Celtics are not any better than the Raptors.

No it's all good haha. You did leave off that they took Cleveland to 6 games last year more than anyone else in the east has done to them the past few years. They definitely struggle in the playoffs they aren't the same team. Demar is getting killed for not having a 3 and he's not getting his regular season calls. Lowry, Derozan and JV all have seemingly been hurt in the playoffs or right before like Lowry missing like 27 games before returning then getting hurt again recently and it's been bad luck but still no one in the east has been as successful as they have in the past two seasons minus the Cavs so it's fair to say they've underachieved but it's not like the east has done much else. 

Also...NO ONE MENTIONS THAT LOWRY MISSED 2 GAMES AGAINST THE CAVS THIS PAST YEAR IN THE PLAYOFFS YET I COULD NOT HEAR ENOUGH ABOUT IT's INJURY AND STUFF LIKE THAT KINDA PISSES ME OFF.

You know? It's all Raptors got swept and they suck and Boston took them to 5 but IT was hurt so ya know...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, showtime said:

I think the Celtics are definitely better than the Raptors.

Was there any doubt they're better than the Raptors?  I mean, they were 2 games ahead of the Raptors last season and they acquired Gordon Hayward and Kyrie Irving while losing Avery Bradley.

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

What stood out to me about the interview was how he said he was looking for an offensive system with plays, pick and rolls, designs, etc. He was sick of ISO and playing on a team revolving around 1 player, albeit the best in the world. 

he's an iso player through and through though. rarely have we seen kyrie run an offense, if ever. as a cs fan, i am nervous. very nervous. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Was there any doubt they're better than the Raptors?  I mean, they were 2 games ahead of the Raptors last season and they acquired Gordon Hayward and Kyrie Irving while losing Avery Bradley.

There is no doubt to me.  I was responding to the statement, "I don't see that team being any better than Toronto, Washington until/if Tatum or Brown breaks out." by @SilverNBlackFan