Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

1 minute ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Congrats on your 5th overall ranked HC. That's a major award to be proud of. Again, I give him props. He is the best .500 record coach in the world. 

What is your point? Other peoples points are he's going to be coached better. You say he's a mediocre coach. That makes Cleveland's coaching the worst in the league. The point still stands are your argument isn't working.

Also 2011-12 to 2012-13 George really increased his minutes ( by over a 1000 ) and made a big jump in defense. His offensive efficiency stayed the same but he was asked to do more

55 minutes ago, iothar said:

What is your point? Other peoples points are he's going to be coached better. You say he's a mediocre coach. That makes Cleveland's coaching the worst in the league. The point still stands are your argument isn't working.

Also 2011-12 to 2012-13 George really increased his minutes ( by over a 1000 ) and made a big jump in defense. His offensive efficiency stayed the same but he was asked to do more

You don't even know what my argument is, as I haven't stated one. I don't have one. I haven't said Cleveland has a good coach. That's whats laughable, is that hack coach in Cleveland has steamrolled through Boston's amazing top 5 coach with ease, and that hack Cleveland coach whose team cant defend and isnt coached to defend only gave up .2 more PPG in the postseason than the mighty Brad Stevens defensive team gave up. Stevens has been a head coach for nearly a decade. Lue is going on his 3rd season. I'd say he has a lot of room to grow as a coach. I'd rather have him be considered a bad coach than be put up on a pedestal and overrated as Stevens is. 

George was still a pup though. It is natural for a guy with that much raw talent to become a good defender after a few years in the league. George wasn't all that good of a defender in college but was developed into one when he got drafted to the Pacers. He also had Hibbert who was the best rim defender behind him during his peak. Once Hibbert left and George had even a bigger offensive load the last two years, his defense hasn't been what it used to be. 

So is talent no longer important or what? You want to compare the Cavs roster to the Celtics player by player? The Cavs are much more talented than the Celtics. Lets judge what Stevens does now that he has a legit 1-2 offensive punch. Most folks were picking the Wizards over the Celtics because they thought they were more talented. And in terms of being top heavy that proved to be true, but the Celtics had more depth. 

7 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

You don't even know what my argument is, as I haven't stated one. I don't have one. I haven't said Cleveland has a good coach. That's whats laughable, is that hack coach in Cleveland has steamrolled through Boston's amazing top 5 coach with ease, and that hack Cleveland coach whose team cant defend and isnt coached to defend only gave up .2 more PPG in the postseason than the mighty Brad Stevens defensive team gave up. Stevens has been a head coach for nearly a decade. Lue is going on his 3rd season. I'd say he has a lot of room to grow as a coach. I'd rather have him be considered a bad coach than be put up on a pedestal and overrated as Stevens is. 

Your point is terrible. They have Lebron. Get out of here with your logic that Stevens is a bad coach because Lebron beat up on them,

18 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I've read some very stupid things on here... but this...this might take the cake.

1 hour ago, iothar said:

Butler when he made his leap.

As J-All-Day said, his defense didn't improve. Numbers and eye test contest your statement. The Paul George scenario isn't applicable. No star in the history of the NBA has been given a bigger offensive workload and improved defensively in the same season. Just look at Kawhi this past year for a good example.

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So according to SAS, Kyrie tried reaching out to Bron a few times in the offseason with no answer and THEN requested a trade. Not that picking up the phone would have guaranteed a change of heart as it seemed like he wanted to leave for a while.

Interesting considering allegedly he asked for the trade quietly back in early June while Griff was still their GM before the offseason. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So according to SAS, Kyrie tried reaching out to Bron a few times in the offseason with no answer and THEN requested a trade. Not that picking up the phone would have guaranteed a change of heart as it seemed like he wanted to leave for a while.

You listen to SAS?

Meh, why would he be spinning something like this? All he said is Kyrie tried reaching out and LeBron didn't answer. Does that really sound all that crazy? Where SAS could be off is the timing. He said before Kyrie demanded a trade but it could have been after the demand but before it became public. 

8 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

As J-All-Day said, his defense didn't improve. Numbers and eye test contest your statement. The Paul George scenario isn't applicable. No star in the history of the NBA has been given a bigger offensive workload and improved defensively in the same season. Just look at Kawhi this past year for a good example.

I'm just going to say Giannis and back away slowly lol.

• Like 1