Kyrie Irving Traded to Boston

CWood21

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Meh, why would he be spinning something like this? All he said is Kyrie tried reaching out and LeBron didn't answer. Does that really sound all that crazy? Where SAS could be off is the timing. He said before Kyrie demanded a trade but it could have been after the demand but before it became public. 

I dont know why Lebron would ignore Kyire and then that leading to Irving wanting to be traded. 

A lot of that doesnt make sense. Specially when they say Irving was upset about the trade idea of the Cavs trading him to get Paul the offseason before this one. 

Stephen A. Smith said those things on First Take when Deion Sanders was the guest.  I do not believe Stephen A. would just make things up, but I did find one thing very interesting.  He said that going into the NBA Finals that he thinks LeBron truly believed that the Cavaliers could not beat the Warriors.  That is really interesting to say because there's absolutely no way to know something like that.  Deion Sanders immediately dismissed that claim.  It's important to note that this is simply Stephen A.'s opinion based on a statement LeBron made during the eastern conference finals and not something he is reporting.

As far as LeBron not answering Irving's phone calls, that does not sound out of the realm of possibility. I think Stephen A. did legit have someone in Irving's camp tell him that.  Does not mean it is true and the timing of the story might have been slightly off, but all he is doing is reporting what he is told. 

I'm sure he's broken plenty of stories over the years. He was the first guy to mention the LBJ/Wade/Bosh possibility in Miami. 

And this isn't a big story he is breaking. Dude is mentioning Kyrie tried reaching out to LeBron. Why is it not believable Kyrie's people are cool with SAS? Considering how close SAS is to Kobe who Kyrie idolizes? 

I'm sure its a little bit of this, little bit of that.  I'm a huge Lebron fan and hes has earned more priveledges in todays NBA than literally anyone.  But its clear that he has a huge ego which is part of what makes the greats great.  He has the entire franchise catering to him, theres no doubting that, and I'm sure at times (some more than others) that wears on his team mates (probably not the ring chasers).  It wouldn't surprise me all that much if Lebron didn't mind Kyrie not being on the team anymore.  He will never say it but I'm sure the fact that Kyrie hit the biggest shot in clevelands championship run bothers him.  And especially after they lost to them this year, Lebron rationally has to doubt a cavs team of him, kyrie, and love as the building blocks are gonna beat these Warriors.

So Kyrie is, at times, noticeably irritated by the situation in Cleveland throughout the year and probably culminating with the frustration of losing the finals.  Lebron thinks "who is Kyrie to question my authority here."  Kyrie wants and feels he can lead a team (whether he can or not is irrelevant to his perspective), but also realizes in the immediate future he probably isn't going to end up in a more successful situation than Cleveland.  He reachs out to Lebron here and there hoping Lebron will try to convince him to stay.  Lebron blows him off, since hes busy and he feels some type of way about Kyrie's attitude towards him at times (and again at least subconsciously because Kyrie was the one to hit the shot).

Kyrie takes the fact that he wants to lead a team, Lebron "doesn't care" about him staying, the cavs getting rid of david griffen who he had a relationship, the undeniable feeling that these cavs would need a hell of a lot of luck to come out on top of these Warriors (imediately after losing to them in the finals), speculation that Lebron might be in favor of moving him for someone like PG, and everyone and their mom talking about where Lebron is going next year (leaving Cleveland a mess).  Kyrie requests a trade.  Kyrie and Lebron both act petty about it.  Kyrie gets traded to Boston.

Edit: Excuse the undoubted rambling, I'm dieing inside watching a Pitt team being dragged down again by another impotent quarterback against a rival and self medicating to ease the pain. 

Edited by grubs10
drunkenness

On 9/9/2017 at 9:55 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm sure he's broken plenty of stories over the years. He was the first guy to mention the LBJ/Wade/Bosh possibility in Miami. 

And this isn't a big story he is breaking. Dude is mentioning Kyrie tried reaching out to LeBron. Why is it not believable Kyrie's people are cool with SAS? Considering how close SAS is to Kobe who Kyrie idolizes? 

And what do you know? Kyrie is on first take. Kyrie LOVES Kobe, so of course he was going to be close with SAS. It is obvious either Kyrie or folks in his inner circle have been in contact with SAS throughout this entire process. He knew way too much inside info for it not to be. Like why the hell would he bring up Kyrie being mad that LeBron would get to bring his boy on the team plane but no one else could? That's a way too specific detail for him to not have been talking to Kyrie's people.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=20745329

Kyrie basically saying LeBron's camp leaked all this stuff right when he left to China and did so strategically.

Makes sense. I mean if it was someone in the Cavs front office, they would have leaked it out right when he requested the trade right? They kept it secret for two weeks and then all of a sudden it gets leaked out to Windhorst. 

2 hours ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Handled himself well.

He's super guarded and doesn't say much. Interesting guy for sure, but leads to awkward interviews. 

Only thing I took from the clips I've seen are he isn't pleased with LeBron's camp leaking stuff out when he left to China and he didn't think he grow as a player anymore in Cleveland. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's super guarded and doesn't say much. Interesting guy for sure, but leads to awkward interviews.

Only thing I took from the clips I've seen are he isn't pleased with LeBron's camp leaking stuff out when he left to China and he didn't think he grow as a player anymore in Cleveland. 

He just knows that a lot of the questions they ask are really none of their business, and said something similar to max. They're just looking to get headlines from what he says and he knows not to give them what they want, to just twist the narrative.