2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

1 hour ago, muncher said:

but hes nowhere near the team right now and sadly, there are players that are saying that want him there.

what advantage is there to trading AB today?

its makes more sense then the transition tag

He has to be gone before his roster bonus kicks in in March....cancer...be gone.

He already sat this year...he doesn’t want to be here...makes non sense to just rehash this.

16 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

He has to be gone before his roster bonus kicks in in March....cancer...be gone.

He already sat this year...he doesn’t want to be here...makes non sense to just rehash this.

While I do agree with you I mean I've seen pretty much every indication from the Steelers at least via the media which you can take that for whatever it might be worth that they are intent in getting something in return for both Bell and brown. I think it would be absolutely foolish if you risk having to pay Brown his roster bonus. But apparently an NFL general manager came out and stated that he has no knowledge which it's no real surprise obviously that the Steelers are in fact seeking a first-round pick for Antonio Brown. I do believe it could be pick 31 and they would take it. The first team I think that offers them a first-round pick he's going to get him and I do not think that he is going to end up in San Francisco.

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

The reality is at the end of the day if the Steelers don't trade Antonio Brown he's probably going to be playing second fiddle to Juju Smith Schuster and James Washington until he gets his attitude in check

With what he is doing now, I think he has burned all the bridges.  If he is not traded I see him being suspended for conduct detrimental to the team for the season.

• Like 1

You can’t just give in and release AB. You can’t set the precedent that this is okay and acting this way will get you what you want. 

Will be really interesting if the public can find out when the meeting is. If AB goes radio silent after, you have to figure a trade is in the works. If he starts up immediately, it’s either resolved (unlikely) or they said they won’t trade him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

You can’t just give in and release AB. You can’t set the precedent that this is okay and acting this way will get you what you want. 

Will be really interesting if the public can find out when the meeting is. If AB goes radio silent after, you have to figure a trade is in the works. If he starts up immediately, it’s either resolved (unlikely) or they said they won’t trade him. 

Meeting with Rooney and AB? There wont be one imo

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I'm sure it will but as agents go he's a freaking clown too

Of all the agents he's actually one of the more tolerable from what I've been told.  Very good, willing to work with teams.  Actually talks players out of holdouts from what I've been told.  Encourages them to get deals structured the way the steelers do, because if you play well they will restructure and guarantee you future money (basically).  He's one of the few agents that will call a team, tell them what his client would like, what can be negotiated, and what isn't negotiable.

Like say he represents Big Ben.  He's one of the few that will go "We believe statistically we match up to the average of a top 7 QB.  Take that range of $23mil to $28mil AAV.  Of course we want to be at the top of that.  But we want 50% guaranteed, with at least 2 years tied in so he can't go anywhere."

As opposed to how I hear Bell's agent acts, which is to make the team tell him a number, then he keeps saying they need to come up a certain percent, along with guarantees in each year.  Basically Bell's agent creates a moving target for teams to try to hit.  

Rosenhouse just straight tells you what he and his client want and either you do it or you don't.

Which this is why I think Drew Rosenhouse might either dump AB or keep himself out of it.  He seems to really be distancing himself here and hasn't said anything publicly that defends AB.

4 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

theres nothing to rehash

i think AB is a POS, i dont want him around but im not going to give him what he wants today at the risk of hurting he franchise in the future.

the damage is done. AB still on the roster for another month isnt going to hurt this team anymore. theres a good chance the longer this drags out, the better it will be for the team

that 2.5 is chump change. there is noway a team has made their best offer for AB a month before the start of the new nfl year.

10 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Which this is why I think Drew Rosenhouse might either dump AB or keep himself out of it.  He seems to really be distancing himself here and hasn't said anything publicly that defends AB.

I’ve wondered this as well. Feels like something where he will weather the storm and get AB to the next step (whatever that is) then cut ties completely. Might be able to catch and early commission out of it if AB gets trades and gets a new deal. 

5 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

The Bell part I can agree with, but Im sorry, its a terrible idea just to give into Brown unless the right offer is there.

Bell is no longer under contract, so I am fine with just being done with him, but we better damn well get something for Brown that is worth it.    I would keep him and bench him all year before I traded him for anything less than a top 50 pick.   To either release him or trade him for a terrible return sets an extremely terrible precedent and makes us look like fools.   If AB wants to be a locker room cancer, let him.....and suspend him.    No chance in hell Im letting that little d**khead dictate the situation, though.

• Like 3

Oh to add to Antonio's on toxic behavior: He's liking posts calling Ben a rapist and other posts that make discouraging comments about other players on the Steelers.

He's making himself not only toxic to the Steelers, but now other teams as he's attacking the guys that had his back for 9 years.

45 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Oh to add to Antonio's on toxic behavior: He's liking posts calling Ben a rapist and other posts that make discouraging comments about other players on the Steelers.

He's making himself not only toxic to the Steelers, but now other teams as he's attacking the guys that had his back for 9 years.

Which is why I said he is activity trying to be released.  I think Rosenhaus made him see ART2.  Being too much of a butthole means no one would trade for him.

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Which is why I said he is activity trying to be released.  I think Rosenhaus made him see ART2.  Being too much of a butthole means no one would trade for him.

I think at this point, no matter the public's perception of this team, ARII is still HIGHLY respected by fellow owners.  I think Brown refusing to meet with him would even have other owners basically saying no.

If his goal is to get released, he's picking a fight with the wrong team.  And it's a fight the NFLPA won't win and they know it.  Notice how all along the way, the NFLPA kinda backed Bell's play?  Who do you think leaked info on the tag, what it implies, and all that.  It was the NFLPA.  Normally the NFLPA would have put out something by now, the agent would have made some kind of statement publicly by now.  Neither of them have said anything.  Because all sides know, nothing will happen until Brown sits down with ARII.

Heck, I think even Rosenhaus is pissed at this point.

And I saw someone compare this to the TO situation (even TO himself is too), and it couldn't be further apart.  TO was WILDLY underpaid, played injured, and wanted a raise in a year his guarantees went away.  Brown just wants out.  And has gone about it horribly.

The Steelers won't release him.  He's under contract.  He can do everything he wants, he's just going to become more and more toxic to the other 31 franchises.