2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

17 minutes ago, August4th said:

I think I get what colbert was trying to say, he just worded it all wrong ..not a good look to be calling other grown men "kids" lol

This. 

If he says everything else, but doesnt call them Kids -- Trey Wingo and Damien Woody have nothing to tweet about this morning. That was the only problem. 

Falling down to run out the door to drive the Fire Colbert bus with this being your hill to die on is......nuts, to be kind. 

49 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I haven't. But KC saying that put  lot of ABs comments into context.  It's Ben's team not the Rooneys.

Without Ben you would put our chances where exactly?

It's Ben team from the standpoint that you do what it takes to keep that guy. The one guy who can literally make this team viable or a bottom feeder. I am on your side with the Ben being a problem thing, hell I have driven the bus a mile or two....but I am also realistic to the fact that we are better off with that dude here and happy than we are going to the Mason Rudolph/first round draft pick era. Odds are not in our favor there. 

If you need to bend to Ben some in order to keep him playing football, you do it until his play gets to the point where its replaceable. Of everyone on this team, he is the least replaceable....so yes, it is HIS team.  

7 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I, personally, don’t believe ben is a good leader, but that’s not the point here

Yeah it kind of is.  If they're expecting the team to see him as a leader, and he's a poor leader, that's a pretty big problem.

Acting like it's "HIS team" is pretty bad too.  Like so much of the criticism of Bell and Brown were about them "putting themselves above the team" yet that's exactly what's being done with Ben here.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bobikus said:

Yeah it kind of is.  If they're expecting the team to see him as a leader, and he's a poor leader, that's a pretty big problem.

You, me, and everyone here have ZERO experience with him. We have ZERO interaction inside a locker room, on a sideline, or in a huddle. So, no, OUR opinion is of little matter here, as I mentioned.

But they SHOULD see the guy with the most experience as a go to. They SHOULD as questions to the person who has 2 tings and played in the goal game 3 times. They SHOULD respect the opionions of the one guy that has been to the top. 

25 minutes ago, Bobikus said:

yet that's exactly what's being done with Ben here.

How? Please show the math here. One guy bailed on his team in a crunch time game with numerous other occurrence of leaving or not showing up on time like his time was more important than others. One decided to turn down the biggest contract for his position and then leave his team in the dark while hinting to his eventual return that never came and also had occursnces of no-showing big game walkthroughs.

And the other....is said to be, and attempted to be, a leader based on his position, years of experience, and being the only one to play in a super bowl and win it twice...Good lord the anarchy! 

29 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Thanks for essentially posting the same thing 5 times in a row.  Not sure we would have understood your stance, otherwise.

KC said something he shouldn't have yes....but the media, as usual, makes everything worse than it is.

6 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Thanks for essentially posting the same thing 5 times in a row.  Not sure we would have understood your stance, otherwise.

KC said something he shouldn't have yes....but the media, as usual, makes everything worse than it is.

I don't think they are TBH.  I think this is the biggest problem of everything that's happened this offseason.  Our GM literally said the QB has the most say of anyone in this franchise including the GM!!!!