2019 Steelers offseason news

warfelg

21 minutes ago, kurgan said:

Does anybody have a clue of what our real time cap # is??  Like, how much do we actually have to spend??

With a possible Ben extension and Burnett cut, that would give us more money to work with.

They do the same thing every year. Spend what’s there, use extensions and restructures for rookie room. 

1 minute ago, Steelers22 said:

I love the Moncrief signing.  I've always thought he was a vastly underrated player

Same, I was far from the only one so im not taking credit for it but i did say keep an eye on Moncrief and Conley.

Sure i raved about other guys but this is an excellent fit imo. I really am pleased with this. I am NOT backing off how i currently feel about Colbert, there is an ability for him to redeem himself but it wont come til next offseason imo (if we succeeded in 2019)

Just now, wwhickok said:

Same, I was far from the only one so im not taking credit for it but i did say keep an eye on Moncrief and Conley.

Sure i raved about other guys but this is an excellent fit imo. I really am pleased with this. I am NOT backing off how i currently feel about Colbert, there is an ability for him to redeem himself but it wont come til next offseason imo (if we succeeded in 2019)

I'm just happy they are actually signing starters.  They need to get an ILB in the draft, but outside of that, these moves make it so we don't have to reach for other positions.  The Chickillo signing still makes my head hurt though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steelers22 said:

I'm just happy they are actually signing starters.  They need to get an ILB in the draft, but outside of that, these moves make it so we don't have to reach for other positions.  The Chickillo signing still makes my head hurt though

Id like for them to sign a LB, ilb or out idc but our depth is not very good. I personally feel we need 2 ILBs and an OLB/ Edge rusher. But i dont know if 2 ILBs off the bat is necessary.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Id like for them to sign a LB, ilb or out idc but our depth is not very good. I personally feel we need 2 ILBs and an OLB/ Edge rusher. But i dont know if 2 ILBs off the bat is necessary.

Losing Fort kind of sucks.  Vince Williams/Bostic make it so that I don't think we need 2 ILB's (assuming we maintain the dime look throughout the season).  This team has a lot of needs, but these signings make it so we aren't completely desperate on them.  Devin White would be a dream

Just now, Steelers22 said:

Losing Fort kind of sucks.  Vince Williams/Bostic make it so that I don't think we need 2 ILB's (assuming we maintain the dime look throughout the season).  This team has a lot of needs, but these signings make it so we aren't completely desperate on them.  Devin White would be a dream

I don't think Bostic will be on the roster much longer.

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

We absolutely need to sign Zach Brown. I don't want to go into the draft with such a glaring need. 

If we sign Brown, I think our first rounder is Fant, Hock, or CGJ. 

I would love to see that signing.  I keep seeing the TE thrown around in round 1 but I don't get it.  Mcdonald has been a plus starter for us.  We need depth at the position sure but I don't want them spending a first on TE.  Especially when you consider how rarely first-year tight ends make a significant impact.  Hard pass for me

3 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

I would love to see that signing.  I keep seeing the TE thrown around in round 1 but I don't get it.  Mcdonald has been a plus starter for us.  We need depth at the position sure but I don't want them spending a first on TE.  Especially when you consider how rarely first-year tight ends make a significant impact.  Hard pass for me

Vance is good but this is the last year on his deal, he's also dinged up all the time. Behind him we have Grimble, who sucks. We need a good TE that can be our #2 next year and develop into our #1 the year after.