Sign in to follow this  
NickChowaniec

2019 NFL Draft Thread: Bills Pick 9th

10 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

If haskins is in the draft and a team like him, they arent waiting until pick 9 when you have both giants and jags ahead of the draft order to stop the 3rd team like denver from getting him. I guess the only way to figure out this stuff is via combine and free agency but imo I dont see haskins as a pro qb. Ohio St has proven their QBs suck, cant remember the last good one that actually started in the NFL and was good. 

My reply was more to you saying it'll be like the 2013 draft and less about us being a trade partner for a QB.

If your only reason for Haskins not being a pro QB is because of the school he went to, you need to reevaluate. I haven't seen a single scout say something bad about his game other than probably needing another year of seasoning. Which he would get in New York and Denver

Posted (edited)

Never said Haskins would be the guy teams would be moving to 9 to get, he'll be gone. Teams will be needing to move up for Daniel Jones and Lock/Grier.

I think this class has some similarities to 2017s in terms of outlook right now (Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes). Early on people weren't expecting any of the QBs to be top picks besides Watson, and many didn't even have them pegged as first rounders at this early stage in the process. Quarterback always gets overdrafted due to the nature of the position and league.

This years class has some talent but obviously not crazy loaded like last years.

Haskins is certainly going top 10 if he declares . Daniel Jones looks to be the second guy to make it into the first round. Drew Lock and Grier have a chance as well.

By the way, saying a certain schools QBs have a history of being bad is a lazy argument against a prospect. No school has a proven track record with QBs. Name one... 

Haskins is a fantastic player and one of the best pro-style QB prospects i've ever seen come from tOSU. And I've been a Buckeyes fan as long as I've been a Bills fan (~20 years).

Edited by NickChowaniec

Ever since the CBA that limited rookie pay went into effect, teams have been more likely to move up in the draft. I could see teams moving up for players other than QB's. So, we might still have some interest in our #9 regardless of the quality of this QB class.

Been watching a lot of Clelin Ferrell and my goodness I think I have my draft crush.

This guy doesn't quit and he is a leader among those men. He may not even make it to 9 if he test out well at the combine and if he accept his senior bowl invite. But man, he could be the long term solution after Hughes goes. 

Posted (edited)
On 1/4/2019 at 6:21 PM, Trentwannabe said:

Been watching a lot of Clelin Ferrell and my goodness I think I have my draft crush.

This guy doesn't quit and he is a leader among those men. He may not even make it to 9 if he test out well at the combine and if he accept his senior bowl invite. But man, he could be the long term solution after Hughes goes. 

Intriguing guy. Definitely like that he's got some size to him instead of just another LB-sized body. Total tackles went down almost 23% this year from last with the same number of games played. Are teams running away from him? If so, that coupled with the QB pressures would be very valuable!

Edited by Yibbyl

20 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

What separates him from Shaq Lawson? Both came out highly rated as solid pass rushers and both were involved in a highly touted dline at Clemson. Im just not sure if i know enough for him to be a guy that is above Shaq, if you know more share. Im just worried like bama olineman both are around stud guys who raise their playing but will not shine with far inferior talent around him.

I like Josh Allen alot but I dont see him going to 9 and think he goes to Jets at 3 as the best pure pass rusher in the draft. His talent he has played with is no where near what these guys had a chance to play with and reminds me of a guy who will be the under dog in the draft and come out being the best like Khalil Mack did the year he was drafted as they rarely talked about mack and i think Allen is being overlooked because of bosa and the lineman coming out of clemson 3 all possibly going top 15.