2019 NFL Draft Thread: Official Visits Time

Nick

9 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

If this is ends up being true, Rosen gets put on the trade block that may eliminate the number of teams that would look to jump up and be a possible trade partner with in order for us to move back. Miami or Washington to be specific. If he was to go to NYG that wouldn't be too big a deal since they pick ahead of us, but any of the other two teams I think would definitely take a shot at our chances at being able to move back.

Miami has already told media they aren't interested in Rosen. NFL GMs "unnamed sources" are saying they will only fetch a day 2 pick for him. Washington would be ideal as they need a qb and rosen fits Gruden's scheme on offense better then Kliffs. A dark horse which is based on a hunch from myself and no other source or anything like that is the Patriots. They need a long term answer they have 5 day 2 picks and he is only going to cost his new team less than 2 mil for the next 3 years plus his 5th year option if they chose. So why wouldnt they risk it by giving up 1 of those 5 picks, and focus on winning another championship with the other 4 picks they have on Day 2 plus their 1st rd pick? It is the patriots way of taking players at their lowest value and making them good. Heck they could bring him in and some how manage to flip him in a year or 2 for a 1st rd pick if they chose cause thats how it works for them.

I will feel bad for Arizona fans if they go QB. Kyler Murray may be exciting but he's mentally a mess. His interviews and general personality is so cringeworthy. He would terrify me as a leader of my franchise.

Thank goodness we took a QB last year. Haskins is the only guy I like in round one.

I think Arizona will ultimately stick with Rosen.

2 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

I will feel bad for Arizona fans if they go QB. Kyler Murray may be exciting but he's mentally a mess. His interviews and general personality is so cringeworthy. He would terrify me as a leader of my franchise.

Thank goodness we took a QB last year. Haskins is the only guy I like in round one.

I think Arizona will ultimately stick with Rosen.

Remember when most of us (myself included) wanted Josh Rosen instead of Josh Allen lol.. And I agree, Kyler Murray going 1/1 is beyond ridiculous

3 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Remember when most of us (myself included) wanted Josh Rosen instead of Josh Allen lol.. And I agree, Kyler Murray going 1/1 is beyond ridiculous

*Raises hand*

I love Josh Rosen still, and think he'll be a good QB. I will admit I was wayyyyyyyy wrong on him if he plays like crap again though.

Arizona has to get their OL fixed to give him a chance. Plus add a playmaker or two.

2 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

*Raises hand*

I love Josh Rosen still, and think he'll be a good QB. I will admit I was wayyyyyyyy wrong on him if he plays like crap again though.

Arizona has to get their OL fixed to give him a chance. Plus add a playmaker or two.

I am there with yah, that's how I know the Patriots are going to trade for Rosen for pennies on the dollar.

Because we can't have anything nice.

7 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

4 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

*Raises hand*

Add me to the list. I was saying he was the only QB I wanted...and then he started opening his mouth. Glad our FO wasn't listening to me! LOL

11 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

QB is almost entirely scheme dependent. Rosen went to a god awful team and had no help and no plan around him (as evident by his coach getting fired after a year because the team GM is a hot mess). He'll be fine when they trade him (lol) to a real team that runs a real offense and draft Kyler who's going to get broken in half. Some of these dudes were running freaking 4.7 40's at 300 pounds! NFL athletes are ridiculous, he's not going to be able to outrun these guys.

I would draft Tyree Jackson late (he'll be there in like the 5th barring him just blowing teams away) as a developmental backup to Josh since he's physically so similar just arguably even more athletically gifted. 

5 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

QB is almost entirely scheme dependent. Rosen went to a god awful team and had no help and no plan around him (as evident by his coach getting fired after a year because the team GM is a hot mess). He'll be fine when they trade him (lol) to a real team that runs a real offense and draft Kyler who's going to get broken in half. Some of these dudes were running freaking 4.7 40's at 300 pounds! NFL athletes are ridiculous, he's not going to be able to outrun these guys.

I would draft Tyree Jackson late (he'll be there in like the 5th barring him just blowing teams away) as a developmental backup to Josh since he's physically so similar just arguably even more athletically gifted. 

yea i agree with going after jackson in 6th-7th rd worst case scenario is stashing him on the psquad and then bring him up next year to replace barkley or anderson. Hes physically gifted and should be someone to look at.

23 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

yea i agree with going after jackson in 6th-7th rd worst case scenario is stashing him on the psquad and then bring him up next year to replace barkley or anderson. Hes physically gifted and should be someone to look at.

You're dreaming if you expect him to last until the then though. He's a physical specimen teams drool over... I wouldn't be surprised to hear him go in round 3. Expect it to be more like round 4/5 though.

3 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

You're dreaming if you expect him to last until the then though. He's a physical specimen teams drool over... I wouldn't be surprised to hear him go in round 3. Expect it to be more like round 4/5 though.

hes still way to raw but i am sure bills have kept a close eye on him as that is in their own back yard, but then again they missed on the opportunity to land mack

On 3/4/2019 at 3:37 PM, BillsGuy82 said:

This was the weirdest thing to me.

Buffalo fans were literally the only group of people in the country who had Rosen as one of the top 1 or 2 QBs in that draft

If I had #1 it would have been a tough call between Darnold and Allen.

I'm very happy with the guy we ended up with.

On 3/4/2019 at 9:42 PM, Maxmw22 said:

I am there with yah, that's how I know the Patriots are going to trade for Rosen for pennies on the dollar.

Because we can't have anything nice.

This is the thing I am most afraid of.

One guy who hasn't been really mentioned is Brian Burns DE FSU. He has been a solid performer in the last 2 years at FSU collecting 23 sacks in 25 games. He has bulked up considerably and ran a 4.53 at the combine. Im not saying they are identical but their physical attributes have been fairly similar to Jadeveon Clowney. they have about a 15-20 pound difference. If Burns continues to bulk up from 247 to 255-260 by the time his pro day happens and still able to run a 4.53 I could see him going in the top 10 behind Bosa and Allen as pass rushers. Reason I compared him to clowney is this

Burns                           Clowney
6'5                                 6'5
247 LBs                        265 LBs
10" hands                    10" Hands
33.8 arm length         34.5 arm length
4.53 40 yd dash         4.53 40 yard dash
36" Vertical                 37" Vertical
129" Broad Jump      124" Broad Jump

I do like his game play and has been a big prospect in college. I can see him being a solid pass rusher at the next level but he does need to put on another 10+ pounds in order to not be pushed around by olineman

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

One guy who hasn't been really mentioned is Brian Burns DE FSU. He has been a solid performer in the last 2 years at FSU collecting 23 sacks in 25 games. He has bulked up considerably and ran a 4.53 at the combine. Im not saying they are identical but their physical attributes have been fairly similar to Jadeveon Clowney. they have about a 15-20 pound difference. If Burns continues to bulk up from 247 to 255-260 by the time his pro day happens and still able to run a 4.53 I could see him going in the top 10 behind Bosa and Allen as pass rushers. Reason I compared him to clowney is this

Burns                           Clowney
6'5                                 6'5
247 LBs                        265 LBs
10" hands                    10" Hands
33.8 arm length         34.5 arm length
4.53 40 yd dash         4.53 40 yard dash
36" Vertical                 37" Vertical
129" Broad Jump      124" Broad Jump

I do like his game play and has been a big prospect in college. I can see him being a solid pass rusher at the next level but he does need to put on another 10+ pounds in order to not be pushed around by olineman

His knock is he doesnt have any moves and will likely be a 3/4 OLB at next level. Clowney had an entire arsenal of moves which is a huge difference in comparison

Burns to Green Bay as Matthews replacement makes sooo much sense

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys doing a FF Mock Draft where every subforum picks. Here we are so far:

1) Kyler Murray

2) Nick Bosa

3) Josh Allen

4) Quinnen Williams

5) Devin White

6) Dwayne Haskins

7) Jawaan Taylor

8) Ed Oliver

I’ll make @BillsGuy82 your designated pick maker. Or if two other individuals say the same name. Whichever comes first. Thanks. 

Archived