2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

Just now, rickyt31 said:

I don't see any names I'm really interested in. Maybe a short deal for Houston. I'm going to wait for the second wave of free agency. 

At edge there’s no solutions to the position just some vets. The young talented guys are gone. C was always just Morse and Paradis. RB with belle and Coleman is the only spots left worth money. And I’m not a Coleman fan. It’s gonna be like every offseason. Miss on everyone and spend big on a CB. Bc apparently CBs win championships?

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

At edge there’s no solutions to the position just some vets. The young talented guys are gone. C was always just Morse and Paradis. RB with belle and Coleman is the only spots left worth money. And I’m not a Coleman fan. It’s gonna be like every offseason. Miss on everyone and spend big on a CB. Bc apparently CBs win championships?

Maybe trade Lee and a pick for Dee Ford?

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I'm not a fan of Coleman either. I watch him every Sunday down here. I say sign Houston for a short deal and add depth with others. Then I have to pray for Macc to have a great draft. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

I'm not a fan of Coleman either. I watch him every Sunday down here. I say sign Houston for a short deal and add depth with others. Then I have to pray for Macc to have a great draft. 

That is a scary thing to pray for.  

7 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Why wouldn’t we have pitched an offer to Morse then? Why would we limit ourselves to just one player? 

Not sure bro, I'm not behind the scenes. Maybe we did, but he didn't like that Paradis was first priority so he signed where he was the first choice.

The problem didn't start with Mike and it probably won't end with Mike.  Count how many coaches and gms we have gone through since Belichick left for NE.  That's the problem there.  It's been 18 years change broken up in 4 or 5 different stints.  There is no consistency.  Ever couple of years new scheme new personnel.  Shipping out guys that were good players because they didn't fit.  Bringing in Tebow for ticket sales.  The problem starts with ownership.  They literally had to hire advisers to find a coach and gm.  I mean who the **** does that.  It turned out so well.  I said it earlier the problem Mike has right now is you cant squeeze rocks and tell people its lemonade especially with the rocks still on the table.  Our rocks are our atrocious record for the better part of a decade.  Money means nothing right now and if it does then they really shouldn't be looking at that player anyway because that shouldn't be the culture we are trying to develop.

3 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Not sure bro, I'm not behind the scenes. Maybe we did, but he didn't like that Paradis was first priority so he signed where he was the first choice.

Maybe! Who knows? A very frustrating day all round. 

4 minutes ago, NYJETS52 said:

The problem didn't start with Mike and it probably won't end with Mike.  Count how many coaches and gms we have gone through since Belichick left for NE.  That's the problem there.  It's been 18 years change broken up in 4 or 5 different stints.  There is no consistency.  Ever couple of years new scheme new personnel.  Shipping out guys that were good players because they didn't fit.  Bringing in Tebow for ticket sales.  The problem starts with ownership.  They literally had to hire advisers to find a coach and gm.  I mean who the **** does that.  It turned out so well.  I said it earlier the problem Mike has right now is you cant squeeze rocks and tell people its lemonade especially with the rocks still on the table.  Our rocks are our atrocious record for the better part of a decade.  Money means nothing right now and if it does then they really shouldn't be looking at that player anyway because that shouldn't be the culture we are trying to develop.

I agree ownership has proved a big issue but Mac has drafted poorly every year and failed to entice free agents. It’s on him. He needs to be held accountable 

Archived