2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

REAL QUESTION...At what point do you think Mike Macagnan tells the fans that we are set at center because we resigned Jonathan Harrison? When this happens and the Jets change their colors to black...I think I am out this year. I'll spend Sundays on my boat and then when the weather turns out East. It just isnt worth my time anymore. 

I kind of expected this when we kept Macc and hired Gase. If we miss out on more key free agents, we will have to hope for Macc to magically pull out a Dorsey type of draft class to save his job and Gase to be a great coach. I can't expect that after 4 years of rebuilding. 

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

You're not getting the point. My "way" is taking the best players, period. You suggest take worse players because they play a specific position. Sure, I prefer to get more talent on defense because in this era of the NFL offensive is more scheme driven whereas defense is more skill driven, but I don't think that means we reach for need.

What confuses me is that you appear salty because we missed out on Barr - your top free agent - thinking having him under contract would've resulted in the Jets targeting an offensive player (Metcalf) in the draft. Now that we're almost certainly taking a defender at #3 - an EDGE rusher in arguably the best first round crop of them in the past 20 years and conversely the worst offensive crop of draftees in the past 20 - you're mad about spending a first rounder on defense???

Resource allocation makes sense, but not when you pass up on truly elite talent for the sake of filling a desire to have more weapons on offense. 

Well said.

1 minute ago, rickyt31 said:

I kind of expected this when we kept Macc and hired Gase. If we miss out on more key free agents, we will have to hope for Macc to magically pull out a Dorsey type of draft class to save his job and Gase to be a great coach. I can't expect that after 4 years of rebuilding. 

The fact that Barr said he felt sick after agreeing to come to the Jets, that right there tells you we really are a pathetic franchise and that is how players view us. Mosley is only here because we made him the highest paid ILB in NFL history. 

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

The fact that Barr said he felt sick after agreeing to come to the Jets, that right there tells you we really are a pathetic franchise and that is how players view us. Mosley is only here because we made him the highest paid ILB in NFL history. 

I'm not 100% convinced he still signs

Just now, DowNY said:

Either the deadline isn’t tonight or he’s not coming I guess??

Unless they going by West Coast time

It's going to be in the lyrics of one of his songs when the album drops at midnight.

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

That was not about the Jets. That was about leaving Minny 

8 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

You're not getting the point. My "way" is taking the best players, period. You suggest take worse players because they play a specific position. Sure, I prefer to get more talent on defense because in this era of the NFL offensive is more scheme driven whereas defense is more skill driven, but I don't think that means we reach for need.

What confuses me is that you appear salty because we missed out on Barr - your top free agent - thinking having him under contract would've resulted in the Jets targeting an offensive player (Metcalf) in the draft. Now that we're almost certainly taking a defender at #3 - an EDGE rusher in arguably the best first round crop of them in the past 20 years and conversely the worst offensive crop of draftees in the past 20 - you're mad about spending a first rounder on defense???

Resource allocation makes sense, but not when you pass up on truly elite talent for the sake of filling a desire to have more weapons on offense. 

See now your putting words in my mouth. Please show me where I said im mad we are spending a 1st Rounder on defense this year? Please show me. I had a mock that had us going Metcalf at 3 but that was purely based on us signing 2 edges and a NT. It was a mock. Ive actually repeatedly have said that if we don’t get an edge in FA that hands down Allen and Bosa are the best players. When we “signed” Barr absolutely I thought that opened up options for us bc that was an edge. Lowering the need.

There’s really no sense in going round and round about it. I just really don’t like the way you might build a team and you don’t like the way I would. That’s ok. We all won’t agree. But I’ve seen it done your way is the difference. And it didn’t reflect wins. 

Just now, Bianconero said:

I'm not 100% convinced he still signs

LMAO and i wouldnt blame him! In fact, that might actually save this franchise. 

Mac needs to offer taking on bad contracts for draft picks since we operate like an expansion team anyways we might as well be one. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

See now your putting words in my mouth. Please show me where I said im mad we are spending a 1st Rounder on defense this year? Please show me. I had a mock that had us going Metcalf at 3 but that was purely based on us signing 2 edges and a NT. It was a mock. Ive actually repeatedly have said that if we don’t get an edge in FA that hands down Allen and Bosa are the best players. When we “signed” Barr absolutely I thought that opened up options for us bc that was an edge. Lowering the need.

There’s really no sense in going round and round about it. I just really don’t like the way you might build a team and you don’t like the way I would. That’s ok. We all won’t agree. But I’ve seen it done your way is the difference. And it didn’t reflect wins. 

Bro you moan all the time how we draft D in the first. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I mean, none of the teams created "my way" had a QB. Try it now. 

Just now, JetsFan15 said:

Bro you moan all the time how we draft D in the first. 

When have i this year about an edge. Please show me. I’ve moaned about Q Williams. Not Allen or Boss though. So it’s you tajingbyes me complaining how we go defend every year (you can see how great that’s been for us) and saying I’ve said I hate Allen and boss this year. When that’s a 100% lie.

Archived