2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

We’re not quiet of Bosa. If he’s there at 3, he’ll be the pick. It’s been quoted by a few different reporters that he’s #1 on our board. 

I'm honestly expecting that. QW at 2, Bosa at 3, then where does that leave the Raiders, choosing between Devin White and Josh Allen?

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Oliver was the #1 prospect coming into the year. Highly debatable. With that said, ESPN ranked it’s too 100 prospects. Oliver is 3, Allen is 6. I’m not getting into the debate, but it is highly debatable. 

Geno was a top prospect going into his last year if that tells you anything.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Geno was a top prospect going into his last year if that tells you anything.

Only because he was part of the worst QB class of the last few decades.  Oliver is right near the top of one of the best interior D line groups i can remember.  

The more I think about it the more Bosa will be a Jet. 

1. Cards - Murray (I still think they go the other way but I will go with the flow.)

2. 49ers - QWill  They want a guy that can play all over the line and they got the best one. 

3. Raiders - Josh Allen ( I think the Raiders and Jets swap pick here. Makes too much sense and they give us pick 24.)

4. Jets - Bosa (Most teams pass on him because of injuries and it looks like he quit on his team.)

24. Jets - D.K ( I was putting a lineman here but i think D.K falls and we take him here.)

3rd we will get OL guy.

29 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

The more I think about it the more Bosa will be a Jet. 

1. Cards - Murray (I still think they go the other way but I will go with the flow.)

2. 49ers - QWill  They want a guy that can play all over the line and they got the best one. 

3. Raiders - Josh Allen ( I think the Raiders and Jets swap pick here. Makes too much sense and they give us pick 24.)

4. Jets - Bosa (Most teams pass on him because of injuries and it looks like he quit on his team.)

24. Jets - D.K ( I was putting a lineman here but i think D.K falls and we take him here.)

3rd we will get OL guy.

Gruden would not take Allen over Bosa 

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Come on now. Now Oliver is a better overall player than Allen? This legend of Oliver is growing daily to an unhealthy amount.

He is. He’s getting overlooked. But there’s a reason he was the consensus #1 last year and is flying up boards. We gotta be honest with ourselves and remove emotion. I know we all love Allen but he’s not better than Oliver.

5 hours ago, jetjuice said:

I don't disagree, but to sit here and just outright say with all absoluteness "Oliver is better" is wrong IMO.

If you say Allen is better I’m gonna say I disagree. Why is it when someone doesn’t agree with you dudes they’re wrong when all of this is opinionated. It’s not like I said some far fetched or troll worthy. Oliver is a top ranked prospect and much like 49ers fans are doing with QWill, it’s happening here with Oliver. 

Oliver to the Jets has picked up major steam; either it's a well-executed smoke screen or it's real. 

I understand there's a faction of fans that see Oliver going in mocks between 8-14, but the reality is the NFL likely has a totally different view of him, kind of like Baker - who was always viewed as a media darling but was getting mocked later than he should've been until late in the process. 

I'm a fan of Oliver. I think he's a movable chess piece who can be a double-digit sack player year after year; you simply don't find players with his athleticism, fluidity, and penetration skills regardless of position. While it does suck not to have that player be an EDGE rusher, Oliver would be a welcomed addition in my eyes. While unpopular, part of me actually prefers him to Williams simply because you can logically line up Oliver at LB, DE, DT, or NT. He's that versatile. 

Hopefully we can move down and use the extra picks to find a speed rusher in rounds 2-3. With LW and EO wreaking havoc on offensive lines, all we'll need is a guy who can clean up. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Oliver to the Jets has picked up major steam; either it's a well-executed smoke screen or it's real. 

I understand there's a faction of fans that see Oliver going in mocks between 8-14, but the reality is the NFL likely has a totally different view of him, kind of like Baker - who was always viewed as a media darling but was getting mocked later than he should've been until late in the process. 

I'm a fan of Oliver. I think he's a movable chess piece who can be a double-digit sack player year after year; you simply don't find players with his athleticism, fluidity, and penetration skills regardless of position. While it does suck not to have that player be an EDGE rusher, Oliver would be a welcomed addition in my eyes. While unpopular, part of me actually prefers him to Williams simply because you can logically line up Oliver at LB, DE, DT, or NT. He's that versatile. 

Hopefully we can move down and use the extra picks to find a speed rusher in rounds 2-3. With LW and EO wreaking havoc on offensive lines, all we'll need is a guy who can clean up. 

I would be ok with Oliver at #3. I personally wouldn’t pick him. But I can definitely get behind that pick.

Im watching Kiper right now. Either him or McShay said that Washington is the one team really needs a QB. Just a reminder that they really don’t have a QB for the short or long term. I still think they trade up ahead of the Giants to secure their guy.

While I think Oliver is a real possibility. I doubt anyone knows Macc’s board. Things haven’t leaked in years. The one consistent thing that has been reported and was somewhat said by Macc at the combine is that he is looking to trade down. 

My money is on us trading down with Washington. It makes sense for both teams. 

Edited by SDotNova

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

I would be ok with Oliver at #3. I personally wouldn’t pick him. But I can definitely get behind that pick.

Im watching Kiper right now. Either him or McShay said that Washington is the one team really needs a QB. Just a reminder that they really don’t have a QB for the short or long term. I still think they trade up ahead of the Giants to secure their guy.

While I think Oliver is a real possibility. I doubt anyone knows Macc’s board. Things haven’t leaked in years. The one consistent thing that has been reported and was somewhat said by Macc at the combine is that he is looking to trade down. 

My money is on us trading down with Washington. It makes sense for both teams. 

I think there's a chance we swing a trade with WAS, but I get the sense they're waiting to see what happens with Rosen. For all we know they could have terms of a trade agreed upon already, but Arizona hasn't "officially" decided to take Murray yet... 

He are my expectations: 

• Rosen traded to WAS - I think this will play out just hours before the draft 
  • Murray drafted by ARI - obvious after trading Rosen
  • Jones drafted by NYG - He's their top QB and they'll take him at 6 
  • Haskins drafted by CIN - not a need and still like Dalton, but CIN would be crazy not to at 11
  • Lock drafted by OAK (later in round 1) - Gruden can better justify sitting Lock for 2-3 years if selected later