2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

7 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Can tell u as an Ohio st guy, the Jets have worked out WR Terry McLaurin a few times

Been knew that cuz, lol I like Terry but I was more along talking about 1st round guys more so than 2/3 prospects

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

I stopped reading after this

This isn't anything against Oliver its juts a position they play. DT's can show elite quickness and fast feet, but not speed. There distance traveled just doesn't allow it. Aaron Donald is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL, and I'd say he's not fast. He's quick and has great feet. I see this with Oliver... but like I stated to take a guy at 3 and plan on playing him a decent amount as en edge rusher (something he doesn't do) is ridiculous.

I don’t think Andre Dillard is in the conversation for #3. But I could see the Jets being high on him. Gase took Tunsil and Macc wanted to trade up for him. Dillard has quick feet like Tunsil and is an excellent athlete.

I could also see the Jets being high on Greedy Williams. Again not in the convo for #3.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This isn't anything against Oliver its juts a position they play. DT's can show elite quickness and fast feet, but not speed. There distance traveled just doesn't allow it. Aaron Donald is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL, and I'd say he's not fast. He's quick and has great feet. I see this with Oliver... but like I stated to take a guy at 3 and plan on playing him a decent amount as en edge rusher (something he doesn't do) is ridiculous.

Aarond Donald is very fast for a guy his size.

Just now, SDotNova said:

I don’t think Andre Dillard is in the conversation for #3. But I could see the Jets being high on him. Gase took Tunsil and Macc wanted to trade up for him. Dillard has quick feet like Tunsil and is an excellent athlete.

I could also see the Jets being high on Greedy Williams. Again not in the convo for #3.

Gregg Williams won't play a CB that doesn't tackle.

• Like 1

Just now, SDotNova said:

One of my top targets if we trade down (depends on how far we trade down)

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I get what you’re saying, if you watch Oliver on stunts then you can see his speed as well as him chasing down backs and receivers in the open field. 

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I don’t think Greedy tackles or plays physical enough for Williams honestly. I like Greedy but physicality is important in this defense. 

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

I get what you’re saying, if you watch Oliver on stunts then you can see his speed as well as him chasing down backs and receivers in the open field. 

I have seen several highlights of him chasing down backs from behind. But that's not what you're drafting him for. He's be drafted at 3 to sack the QB.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I have seen several highlights of him chasing down backs from behind. But that's not what you're drafting him for. He's be drafted at 3 to sack the QB.

And he has the ability to do that. But you also have to remember that teams are trying to get the ball out fast and also teams still run the ball and Oliver has some of the best pursuit in the draft on par with the best linebackers at that. 

There are tools outside of pass rushing and run stuffing that make great DL Elite DL. He’s got every tool, plus motor, versatility and fits our new defensive scheme the best of any player in the draft. But that only means the Jets probably won’t take him anyway lol. 

I also don't get the argument that Allen just came on as a senior. He was very productive his previous 2 seasons and was a pre season 1st team all sec coming into this past season. He was by no means juts a guy who had a good season to shoot up boards. He has been very productive in the best conference in college football for 3 years. He's very low risk and IMO has a very high ceiling.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I also don't get the argument that Allen just came on as a senior. He was very productive his previous 2 seasons and was a pre season 1st team all sec coming into this past season. He was by no means juts a guy who had a good season to shoot up boards. He has been very productive in the best conference in college football for 3 years. He's very low risk and IMO has a very high ceiling.

Think that has to do with his overall game, he was just a one dimensional Pass rusher before this year, horrible vs the run, this year was the year he put it all together.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The real argument to be had against Allen is his toughness and physicality. Like I said before, is he more of a "dog" than Oliver? He doesn't make a big impact in the run game and isn't a violent player overall whereas Oliver appears like that on film more consistently.

• Like 1