2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

10 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

God i hope this is true.  I really think we can still get a very good player at 15, potentially Brian Burns who many analysts have rated ahead of Allen(I don't but i do think they are very close).  I would take Burns and extra picks over just Allen or just Q or Oliver.  

I relation to the Honeybadger vs Maye thing I actually don't see the big deal.  From a pure FS perspective I think Maye is better.  Honeybadger is more of a splash player who moves around than a guy you want running the D and being in the right place for you.  He will cause the occasional big play but he also has his own short comings.  Maye also had a significantly higher PFF grade the last 2 years, though he does need to stay on the field more.  Though it is nice like Honeybadger has been injury free in his career.  He is over rated due to having a fun nickname and having one really impactful year 

Yep, give me Burns at 15 and I’m pumped 

6 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

That would be nuts if we can drop to 15 and still get Burns or Sweat. 

I thought I was alone on the Burns hype train but I’m seeing some Jets fans coming around. And the draft network guys have him  as their #3 prospect. They have Allen at #9. Seems a bit low. 

PFF has Allen #5 and Burns #14. 

PFF has Sweat At #46. No love. 

Given my choice between the 2 I'd probably shade towards Allen, but i have no trouble conceiving of a world where Burns is the better player, and even less trouble conceiving of him ending up being a far far better value relative to draft position.  For a guy that basically ran a 4.53 at 250 and did well at everything else, AND has potentially the larges arsenal of pass rush moves he is sure being slept on a bit by some.

1 minute ago, NJC33 said:

Have a hard time believing Burns will last to the 15th pick, hard to speculate what might happen with Sweat given his medical issue. 

I don’t. Seen a ton of mocks where he goes after 15. Actually, haven’t seen many where he goes top 15. 

3 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Have a hard time believing Burns will last to the 15th pick, hard to speculate what might happen with Sweat given his medical issue. 

Even if he doesn't we have a chance to get a top offensive weapon there or better yet fix the C position for good, and pick up extra picks to boot.  

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

15 is a great spot for an OLineman

I have Jonah, Dillard, and Taylor all going before 15 in my mock. I think we'll outsmart ourselves there, but I think this Washington rumor is a last ditch smokescreen by us to trick someone into trading up.

3 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

I have Jonah, Dillard, and Taylor all going before 15 in my mock. I think we'll outsmart ourselves there, but I think this Washington rumor is a last ditch smokescreen by us to trick someone into trading up.

Yeah, if anyone makes it there, it’s prob Dillard, but I agree. 

All this excitement to end up with Burns is underwhelming. 4 legit defensive prospects at our helm essentially, would be 5 if we valued White highly enough and we’re gonna end up with Burns? 

Man I would be supportive of the kid but QWill, Oliver and Allen are all potentially right there. 

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

All this excitement to end up with Burns is underwhelming. 4 legit defensive prospects at our helm essentially, would be 5 if we valued White highly enough and we’re gonna end up with Burns? 

Man I would be supportive of the kid but QWill, Oliver and Allen are all potentially right there. 

I’ll take Burns, a guy the 2nd,  whatever else gets thrown in, and a 2020 top 10 pick over anything we could find this draft. Next years OT class is STACKED. 

20 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

What is the massive difference between Allen and Burns?  Allen is bigger, better in coverage, potentially better first step off the line.  Burns had slightly better athleticism numbers, is a much more polished pass rusher, is a bit longer...  I think Allen might have the slight edge in ceiling but i think Burns has a big edge in floor.  

Archived