2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

I haven’t really paid attention to the QBs because we have Darnold, but the little bit of seeing from Haskins, he looks pretty good. He would have been a 1st rounder last year. Maybe the 3rd QB off the board or something like that. Or possibly 2nd. Idk. But he looks like a QB you can be excited about. Not sure why everyone is saying he’s not worth trading up for. Teams have to be lieing about their interest.

Edited by SDotNova

Have the Jets ever traded back and gotten a haul. If this goes down, it might be a first for us. 

We always seem to be the team that trades up. Ironically a good amount of our trade ups have gone well. We traded up for Revis and Harris I believe. We traded for Darnold. Then there was Sanchez. Not a bad swing though even though it didn’t turn out well. 

Edited by SDotNova

9 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Mike Freeman just put out an article saying that teams are willing to trade up for Q too.  It's gonna happen guys.  Redskins want Haskins, teams want Q.  We're in good shape if both are sitting there at 3.

We will see.  Until Jets actually pull a trade down I have been holding my breath.

• Like 1

Boss will be there and the reports are out that the Redskins have no interest in Rosen. Like I said before Rosen is poison and no one wants him. The NFL teams know something because he would have been moved by now. It seems the QB need teams saw something on tape and did not like what they saw.

43 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Another note, Freeman thinks teams actually jump us for Q and leave Bosa to us.  If we end up with Bosa or trade down, no complaints from this guy.

Interesting. That implies teams feel Q is at the top of our draft board. Teams are probably operating under the assumption that our board looks like 1) Bosa 2) Q or viceversa. That feels like a Macc board to be honest.

Man. Bosa worries me. He never really had a dominant year in college like some of these other guys (yet people are assuming he is going to be dominant in the NFL). And the injuries. Josh Allen improved every year and dominated last year. Bosa was in a rotation of guys his first two years and then gets injured when he’s asked to be the guy.

These were the guys that prevented Bosa from being an every down player his first two years. Sam Hubbard (drafted in the 3rd), Jalyn Holmes (drafted in the 4th), and Tyquan Lewis (drafted in the 2nd). 

Edited by SDotNova

I think you are way off on Bosa. He had 17.5 sacks in 26 games. He played 3 games his senior year and had 4 sacks. I would also like to add that BIG TEN football has some if the the most best OL in NCAA. He has several moves that can beat OL guys with power, speed, or technique.  The only concern is his injury but that can be with anyone. He is my top guy in the draft followed by QWill. I'm not a Josh Allen fan at all. I would take him in the mid to late first but not at 3. We will have our KINGS RANSOM if we want it.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think you are way off on Bosa. He had 17.5 sacks in 26 games. He played 3 games his senior year and had 4 sacks. I would also like to add that BIG TEN football has some if the the most best OL in NCAA. He has several moves that can beat OL guys with power, speed, or technique.  The only concern is his injury but that can be with anyone. He is my top guy in the draft followed by QWill. I'm not a Josh Allen fan at all. I would take him in the mid to late first but not at 3. We will have our KINGS RANSOM if we want it.

I'm not saying he is going to bust. I'm not understanding the elite prospect talk. 17.5 sacks in 26 games projects to 8.5 sacks over 13 games. Taking Myles Garrett off the table because he was just dominant in college. Guys who had similar sack rates in college to Nick like Joey Bosa and Clowney at least showed over a full year that they can dominate being the main guy.

He was off to a good start his senior year. But got hurt. So, he never showed that he can be dominant over a full season. There's just seems to be a lot of projection with Nick Bosa. 

Edited by SDotNova

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Mike Freeman just put out an article saying that teams are willing to trade up for Q too.  It's gonna happen guys.  Redskins want Haskins, teams want Q.  We're in good shape if both are sitting there at 3.

Falcons apparently are one of those teams. If they made the same offer as Washington they win because they pick one slot earlier.

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Boss will be there and the reports are out that the Redskins have no interest in Rosen. Like I said before Rosen is poison and no one wants him. The NFL teams know something because he would have been moved by now. It seems the QB need teams saw something on tape and did not like what they saw.

Yeah, he's trash. Never wanted anything to do with him last year.

Edited by jetjuice