2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

Just now, SDotNova said:

Gut Feeling. My gut tells me the league is higher on Haskins than they are letting on. He's a good QB. There's no way every team thinks he's not a good QB. I think there's a lot of smoke out there that is starting to get out. Rumor is Oakland likes him now. The Redskins likely are high on him as well. The Bengals are stealthy at the moment but they can be a surprise team. 

There's also a chance that Murray doesn't go #1 which will cause a frenzy. 

I'm just having fun with all the rumors at this point. I love draft season. 

I agree with you on Haskins and team maybe higher on him then letting on.  The best thing for a trade down would be Kyler NOT going #1 - agree there too.  Should be a fun 24 hours.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

And Maccagnan successfully matches John Idzik's last draft.  o.O

That would be awful. Don't jinx it. Imagine we come out with a haul and the Redskins end up with a HOF QB and we get a bunch of players that are out of the league in 3 years? haha.

I trust Macc a bit more than Idzik though. Plus there are other adults in the room (Gase, Gregg, and Dinger). We even have an analytics team now.

Edited by SDotNova

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Raiders clearly want QWill to fall to them at 4.

That makes a lot of sense actually. They are probably trying to pressure a team to trade with the Jets for a QB. If two QBs go in the top 3, then they will have their pick of the litter. 

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I don't know. Reports have said that it'd be a surprise pick.  I'm thinking either QB or a guy like Devin White, but we'll find out.

Raiders have been very paranoid so I don't know what to believe.  Sent every scout home. Afraid of leaks.  Is this real or just a trick to make other team guess???

40 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

I agree with you on Haskins and team maybe higher on him then letting on.  The best thing for a trade down would be Kyler NOT going #1 - agree there too.  Should be a fun 24 hours.

I disagree tactically. I think Kyler going 1 causes the QB talent pool to thin out quickly and thus making other QB needy teams desperate to move up for whichever other player they want before another goes off the board. 

But I do agree that teams HAVE to be higher on Haskins then media seems to let on. This year feels like the media is doing it's best to create QB draft drama because they probably feel it would be a boring event otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Johntyler82 said:

I disagree tactically. I think Kyler going 1 causes the QB talent pool to thin out quickly and thus making other QB needy teams desperate to move up for whichever other player they want before another goes off the board. 

But I do agree that teams HAVE to be higher on Haskins then media seems to let on. This year feels like the media is doing it's best to create QB draft drama because they probably feel it would be a boring event otherwise.

I get what your saying and agree that it could go that way too.  I was just thinking that perhaps there are teams that desire the mobility / duel threat in Murray than the pocket passer statue Haskins.  First three QBs off the board last year are very mobile.  Just thinking trends but sure from simple supply and demand - no Murray reduces supply. 

Jets find themselves in an interesting position: they don't want to move down too far because they want to land an elite player, but they would consider it if it meant landing a huge hall. However, it doesn't sound like many teams are willing to pay a premium this year, likely for two reasons: (1) there's a lack of truly elite talent; and (2) the strength of the draft is in day 2, hence teams desiring to horde those picks. 

Right now, I envision 3 real scenarios unfolding:

1. We draft Quinnen Williams at #3 
  2. We trade the pick to OAK (they select Williams); we draft Ed Oliver #4 overall. 
  3. We trade down deeper in round 1 (ATL/WAS); likely target an OL or EDGE. 

I don't think Bosa will fall to us, as much as I'd like him to. I do believe Ed Oliver is a top 3 prospect on our board, but it's apparent the Jets have been leaking some names to generate interest in the pick. I think it's closer than fans will care to consider, but if Macc's sticks to his roots he'll select the best player available even if someone else is a better fit. Williams simply fits Maccagnan's type and has all the potential that Oliver does, minus the position versatility. Still, I think whether it's Oliver or Williams, the Jets will find ways to mix and match their DL, with Henry Anderson seeing more snaps on the exterior next year. Whether or not it works is TBD, but that's what fans should be expecting after tomorrow night. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I want a trade down regardless. But if who we draft st 3 is a DLinenan.... then I REALLY want us to trade down. Even if it means sacrificing value. Anderson has no business being an edge rusher.

Anderson isn’t a long term piece. We shouldn’t make decisions based off him. 

Would you not draft an LT because we have Beachum? 

Not draft a CB because we have Daryl Roberts?