2019 Offseason Preview/FA Rumors

jetskid007

I think our only legitimate trade partners are NYG, Was, and Oak if we can convince them someone is trying to hope them.

The trade with the NYG would be sweet because we'd like get a high second round pick this year plus something else (second next year?). I'm not sure there's enough interest in our pick to be able to wrestle their #17 from them, but this keeps us in a position to grab Ed Oliver or Josh Allen still.

The Washington trade would give us a lot of ammo but take us out of elite territory. Targets I'd expect in that trade down are Greedy Williams or , or if someone like Jonah Williams falls. I don't like this as much because it's a considerable dropoff in talent, aside from Jonah.

I consider the Washington trade very unlikely. It's a huge move that and the dropoff in talent would mean the Jets would need a huge haul. They can swing discounted rate if they're staying in the top 8-10 but not to 15.

Gut feeling is we stay at 3 or swap with Oakland if they're trying to get a QB. We grab Ed Oliver.

3 minutes ago, Sandwhich2 said:

I think our only legitimate trade partners are NYG, Was, and Oak if we can convince them someone is trying to hope them.

The trade with the NYG would be sweet because we'd like get a high second round pick this year plus something else (second next year?). I'm not sure there's enough interest in our pick to be able to wrestle their #17 from them, but this keeps us in a position to grab Ed Oliver or Josh Allen still.

The Washington trade would give us a lot of ammo but take us out of elite territory. Targets I'd expect in that trade down are Greedy Williams or , or if someone like Jonah Williams falls. I don't like this as much because it's a considerable dropoff in talent, aside from Jonah.

I consider the Washington trade very unlikely. It's a huge move that and the dropoff in talent would mean the Jets would need a huge haul. They can swing discounted rate if they're staying in the top 8-10 but not to 15.

Gut feeling is we stay at 3 or swap with Oakland if they're trying to get a QB. We grab Ed Oliver.

I'd like to see us trade back just a couple spots and gain a 2nd and a 3rd. Get a good prospect still in Round 1 and Round 2 and then since we'd have 3 3rds... maybe move 2 of them and a future late rounder for another 2nd. Giving us 3 picks in the 1st 2 Rounds and 1 in the 3rd.

1 hour ago, Sapo28 said:

Not to bring politics into this but Bosa is a MAGA guy... but with that logic they would’ve resigned Kaepernick/never cut him. 

I think Bosa could still go #2

Yeah I always thought that would hurt him going there but Lynch doesn’t seem to care about it. 

53 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Need 100% should be taking into consideration when there’s players that talent are equal to our draft spot. When it’s not ok to talk about need is to ignore BPA for a reach. But neither Bosa or Allen are a reach at 3. So I will talk about need. You don’t see me talking about going WR or LT at 3 bc the talent does match that at 3. But there’s 2 good edges worthy of that spot.

Need is part of the equation but when you’re picking 3 you don’t have a single need. We need talent and the best player and fit currently available is Oliver. As for there being 2 good EDGE guys 1 will mostly be picked right before us and the other seems to have cooled down around the league for some reason. Oliver still fills the need we have. 

12 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Need is part of the equation but when you’re picking 3 you don’t have a single need. We need talent and the best player and fit currently available is Oliver. As for there being 2 good EDGE guys 1 will mostly be picked right before us and the other seems to have cooled down around the league for some reason. Oliver still fills the need we have. 

Josh Allen has cooled down. why?

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not apples to apples at all. Anderson just got a new deal. He’s not going anywhere and is getting paid good for 2 years and is 27. Beachum is almost 30 and is only guaranteed 1.5mill of his 9.5mill this year. He could be cut or traded if we drafted a LT.

I don't think the Jets would use Anderson on the EDGE. If anything, they would use him at the 5 more and the 3 less. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

What makes you think the 49ers won’t take Bosa? You seem pretty sure. 

Like most people said. He is a MAGA guy and put down Kap and put some stuff out there about gay people. He is a bad fit for a PR in SF and you don't take that chance at 2. For the people that say Lynch does not care well ya he is going to say that. He wants people to think Bosa is still an option for them. I am almost 100% he is not on 49ers board. The character issue is something teams just brush off. I am also pretty sure Bosa will not be pick one either because it will be a QB or QWill. 

Like I’ve stated all along... I’m not 100% against adding Williams or Oliver it’s just that an edge has to be added then in some way. A trade would have to happen for a proven player for me to be ok with it.  Drafting an edge in Round 3 isn’t an answer to me. I’ve never denied the talent of either. It’s just that that position is one of the few thats already a strength for us. So to use a pick on a position we are good at seems rather pointless to me when there’s talented guys worthy of the draft spot at other positions of need. 

30 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

Josh Allen has cooled down. why?

I don't think he's viewed as a "special" prospect the way fans do. 

There's no way 17.5 sacks in the SEC can be described as anything but impressive, but his tape/playing style suggests he's more likely to be a better version of Whitney Mercilus than he is to be a dominant pass rusher. A lot of his "wins" in college were do to him simply being either more athletic or in better position than his opponent, but you can't bank on that in the NFL. He has very good qualities, but not the kind of first step, burst, or pass rush repertoire you see in a top 3 pick. 

Personally I'd be totally OK with Allen at 3. I think Leonard Williams is being severely underrated, and in large part is because he hasn't had help since Sheldon left. Now that we've improved the scheme, added Mosley, and kept our DL intact, I feel adding Allen would be the "final piece" so to speak. That said, I understand why the team would prefer Williams and Oliver... not only are they younger but their potential is simply that much higher. Unfortunately we will likely have to kick the can down the road again, and either trade for an edge rusher pre-season or aim to land one in next years free agency.