Thoughts on Josh Allen

bigbadbuff23835

4 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

sorry man, your not smarter than anyone else, you dont hold the secret ways qbs are good or not. the vast majority see allens upside, i gave you too much credit i see though.

Secondly, you dont get to remove games, fact is in the 2nd half goff was an average qb. theres numerous stats that back that up.

Lastly, im not dumb enough to refuse to define the exact subject im arguing about. im a dummy and i know that.  Again, youre not smarter than anyone. And you sure get salty when people disagree with you, might wanna get that checked out.

You're telling me that I don't get to "remove games" when you're trying to remove half of the season?

giphy.gif

Thanks for the laugh.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

You're telling me that I don't get to "remove games" when you're trying to remove half of the season?

giphy.gif

Thanks for the laugh.

were having a reading comprehension issue. or just a lack of understsnding of something pretty simple. pointing out his production in the 2nd half of the year doesnt take away the season as a whole or ignore his first half. ya gotta be better man.

Got what i thought I’d fetch out of this thread. I don’t think Josh is innaccurate to the point it can’t be fixed some, by some I mean get that comp % to 60%. I refuse to believe that someone who has thrown some of the prettiest passes I’ve ever seen just can’t throw five yards in front of him. That’s where he struggles, and I think a lot of it is mental.

I definitely see both sides of the argument on him, obviously I’m gonna hope for the positive side though. Extremely excited for next season to see how/if he advances. I’m also excited for another year of Daboll, he definitely progressed as a coordinator as the season went on. 

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

were having a reading comprehension issue. or just a lack of understsnding of something pretty simple. pointing out his production in the 2nd half of the year doesnt take away the season as a whole or ignore his first half. ya gotta be better man.

Were you having a reading comprehension issue or just a lack of understanding of something pretty simple? Pointing out his production in the second half of the year minus the Bears game doesn't take away the season as a whole, ignore his first half, or ignore his second half. You gotta be better man.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Were you having a reading comprehension issue or just a lack of understanding of something pretty simple? Pointing out his production in the second half of the year minus the Bears game doesn't take away the season as a whole, ignore his first half, or ignore his second half. You gotta be better man.

being intentionally thick, huh? or do you really not understand the difference between looking at an entire chunk of games (ie the 2nd half) vs cherry picking good or bad performances. i mean, this really isnt complicated. and its not just a td/int issue, almost every meaningful metric went down from his forst half.

4 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

being intentionally thick, huh? or do you really not understand the difference between looking at an entire chunk of games (ie the 2nd half) vs cherry picking good or bad performances. i mean, this really isnt complicated. and its not just a td/int issue, almost every meaningful metric went down from his forst half.

I guess I'll make an effort rather than just mock you. Don't lecture me on cherry-picking when that has been your goal this entire conversation. You decided to eliminate Goff's first-half play because you thought it made him look less great. You decided to focus on only the eight-game stretch you wanted. That eight-game stretch happened to include Goff's worst game of the season. It was a truly dreadful performance that was the worst of his McVay-coached career. When you have 16 games, that downplays the statistical significance of one bad performance. When you drop it down to eight games, it magnifies that performance.

What did I do? I pointed out to you that absent that one game, Goff's numbers over the second half of the season were still outstanding. And now, I will demonstrate that to you:

173/264

65.5%

2083 passing yards

7.9 YPA

15 passing TDs

3 Ints

103.8 passer rating

Those are Goff's second half numbers absent the Bears game. Here are Goff's numbers over the first eight games:

171/253

67.6%

2425 passing yards

9.6 YPA

17 passing TDs

5 Ints

112.5 passer rating

To put it in context, Goff was putting up numbers that would rival all-time great seasons over the first half of the season. Over the second half of the season, he regressed to numbers that were merely an elite year, except Goff had one terrible game against the Bears. Your argument is laughable. You want to claim Goff was "average" because of one terrible performance. Spare me. You eliminated the first half of the season to overinflate the statistical effect the Bears game had. What's quite clear is that Goff was a great QB over the entirety of the season.

Spare me the absurdity of you complaining about cherry-picking because I am doing a better job of it than you. You cherry-picked what you thought gave your silly argument legitimacy. Now, I've shown what a farce it was. The sad thing is that I can't honestly accuse you of being intentionally thick.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

To put it in context, Goff was putting up numbers that would rival all-time great seasons over the first half of the season. Over the second half of the season, he regressed to numbers that were merely an elite year, except Goff had one terrible game against the Bears. Your argument is laughable. You want to claim Goff was "average" because of one terrible performance. Spare me. You eliminated the first half of the season to overinflate the statistical effect the Bears game had. What's quite clear is that Goff was a great QB over the entirety of the season.

If Goff was average the second half of the season, then I hope for Trubisky to be an "average" QB. lol

One terrible game (massive irregularity), one game with a 0/1 TD/INT ratio (I'm a Bears fan, nothing out of the ordinary there the last 20 years), the 6 more that combined to 15/3 TD/INT span?

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I guess I'll make an effort rather than just mock you. Don't lecture me on cherry-picking when that has been your goal this entire conversation. You decided to eliminate Goff's first-half play because you thought it made him look less great. You decided to focus on only the eight-game stretch you wanted. That eight-game stretch happened to include Goff's worst game of the season. It was a truly dreadful performance that was the worst of his McVay-coached career. When you have 16 games, that downplays the statistical significance of one bad performance. When you drop it down to eight games, it magnifies that performance.

What did I do? I pointed out to you that absent that one game, Goff's numbers over the second half of the season were still outstanding. And now, I will demonstrate that to you:

173/264

65.5%

2083 passing yards

7.9 YPA

15 passing TDs

3 Ints

103.8 passer rating

Those are Goff's second half numbers absent the Bears game. Here are Goff's numbers over the first eight games:

171/253

67.6%

2425 passing yards

9.6 YPA

17 passing TDs

5 Ints

112.5 passer rating

Spare me the absurdity of you complaining about cherry-picking because I am doing a better job of it than you. You cherry-picked what you thought gave your silly argument legitimacy. Now, I've shown what a farce it was. The sad thing is that I can't honestly accuse you of being intentionally thick.

for one, his first half #s didnt even him as a mvp, its clear that passing has changed and you cant use the standards from 10 or even 5 years ago to call something all time great. that applies to everyone, like Mahomes td total or simply having 5k yards in a season... not just goff. second, as i said, 2nd half #'s took a dip pretty much across the board. Again, you dont get to remove games but regardless his play dropped the 2nd half. Youre making baseless assertions on why I choose the 2nd half like its some foreign concept to break down the season like that. Baseball has pre and post all star, same with basketball and the nfl is commonly split in half. keep assuming though, we all know what that does. 

prob best to move on though, this has resorted to you trying to change the meaning of cherry pick and lobbing insults to try and bully it through. and we're not even in a thread about goff so its gone completely sideways.

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

for one, his first half #s didnt even him as a mvp, its clear that passing has changed and you cant use the standards from 10 or even 5 years ago to call something all time great. that applies to everyone, like Mahomes td total or simply having 5k yards in a season... not just goff. second, as i said, 2nd half #'s took a dip pretty much across the board. Again, you dont get to remove games but regardless his play dropped the 2nd half. Youre making baseless assertions on why I choose the 2nd half like its some foreign concept to break down the season like that. Baseball has pre and post all star, same with basketball and the nfl is commonly split in half. keep assuming though, we all know what that does. 

prob best to move on though, this has resorted to you trying to change the meaning of cherry pick and lobbing insults to try and bully it through. and we're not even in a thread about goff so its gone completely sideways.

Again, yes, I do get to remove games. The whole premise of your argument is based on removing 8 of the 16 games he's played this year. It's a transparent and silly argument. Yes, it's definitely best for you to move on. Your argument has started to resemble swiss cheese. xD

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Again, yes, I do get to remove games. The whole premise of your argument is based on removing 8 of the 16 games he's played this year. It's a transparent and silly argument. Yes, it's definitely best for you to move on. Your argument has started to resemble swiss cheese. xD

show me where i said goff had an average season.  Otherwise im not removing or ignoring anything. live in make believeland if youd like though, i wish i could live there sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

show me where i said goff had an average season.  Otherwise im not removing or ignoring anything. live in make believeland if youd like though, i wish i could live there sometimes. 

I'll quote you exactly:

"Goff was an average qb the 2nd half of the year, hes far from being an established qb. Heck, a bad start to next year could put his long term future in la in doubt."

Goff was not an "average QB" the second half of the year. Goff now has back-to-back seasons with a 100+ passer rating at 24 years old. His team's W-L record over the past two years with him as a starter is 24-7. Goff threw for 4500+ yards and 32 TDs this year. The idea that Goff's long-term future would be in doubt due to a "bad start" next year is laughable. The idea that Goff was an "average QB" over the second half of the season is also laughable. That's only believable if you ignore context and play dumb. I've already demonstrated why. It's okay. You can move on. You're not helping your case.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'll quote you exactly:

"Goff was an average qb the 2nd half of the year, hes far from being an established qb. Heck, a bad start to next year could put his long term future in la in doubt."

Goff was not an "average QB" the second half of the year. Goff now has back-to-back seasons with a 100+ passer rating at 24 years old. His team's W-L record over the past two years with him as a starter is 24-7. Goff threw for 4500+ yards and 32 TDs this year. The idea that Goff's long-term future would be in doubt due to a "bad start" next year is laughable. The idea that Goff was an "average QB" over the second half of the season is also laughable. That's only believable if you ignore context and play dumb. I've already demonstrated why. It's okay. You can move on. You're not helping your case.

so, no, you cant show me where i said he had an average year. Obviously you couldnt show it to me cause it doesnt exist. Regardless if you want to acknowledge it or not, statistically he was average in the 2nd half. i know you really want to pretend some games dont exist but unfortunately they do. and youre fooling yourself if you dont think a crappy start to 2019 could put a hold on any huge contract, thats just a hypothetical and conjecture so dont wont to dwell to much on it but imo if the offense regresses and goff struggles imo they wont be in a rush to pay him 30 mil a year. Whats important is he did decline in the 2nd half and despite your attempts to cherry pick out games he was statistically average. 

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so, no, you cant show me where i said he had an average year. Obviously you couldnt show it to me cause it doesnt exist. Regardless if you want to acknowledge it or not, statistically he was average in the 2nd half. i know you really want to pretend some games dont exist but unfortunately they do. and youre fooling yourself if you dont think a crappy start to 2019 could put a hold on any huge contract, thats just a hypothetical and conjecture so dont wont to dwell to much on it but imo if the offense regresses and goff struggles imo they wont be in a rush to pay him 30 mil a year. Whats important is he did decline in the 2nd half and despite your attempts to cherry pick out games he was statistically average. 

There's a lot of backpedaling and moving of the goal-posts here. Now, you have to preface everything with "statistically." You backpedal from Goff's long-term future being in doubt to it just putting a "hold" on a "huge contract." Best yet, you continue to flaunt your hypocrisy. Let's get it straight, I want to "pretend" one game doesn't exist. You want to "pretend" eight games don't exist. I recommend you try another angle of attack. You've tried that angle a few times now, and it's just not working for you. xD

P.S. I get the last word, buddy, not you. 

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

There's a lot of backpedaling and moving of the goal-posts here. Now, you have to preface everything with "statistically." You backpedal from Goff's long-term future being in doubt to it just putting a "hold" on a "huge contract." Best yet, you continue to flaunt your hypocrisy. Let's get it straight, I want to "pretend" one game doesn't exist. You want to "pretend" eight games don't exist. I recommend you try another angle of attack. You've tried that angle a few times now, and it's just not working for you. xD

P.S. I get the last word, buddy, not you. 

what do you think long term future is? would he be playing just for free team clothing? what have we been posting the last two pages... pretty sure these things called stats? no goal post moving here. again, not pretending anything, cant produce where i said he jad an average season although ive asked numerous times. Until you can do that then we camjust agree its only you living in fantasyland where certain games dont exist. this is almost worse than tyler refusing to make an argument for kamara being the best.... FF where if you know your wrong just keep pretending and dodging. 

Archived