Thoughts on Josh Allen

bigbadbuff23835

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yes, as a passer Allen lacked behind everyone. But IMO his running made up for some of his (and the Bills offensives) deficiencies. I don't think its fair to only view him as a passer right now.

I think the point myself and others are making is that’s inevitably how he’s going to be evaluated and what’s going to determine his long term success and viability as a staring QB.

18 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Based...on....what?!? It's clearly not what he did in college, and it's clearly not what he's doing now.

And yeah, Allen scrambled on pass plays better than Jackson did because defenses clearly aren't trying to put spies on him or stop him - congratulations. The Ravens just finished the season with a rushing offense - revolving around Jackson's legs - that put up stats and consistent production not seen in the NFL since the 1930's while everyone screams that "any week now defenses will figure him out!".

based on his arm, which is undeniably special. thats almost universally agreed upon, its like disputung jacksons fast despite the fact we dont have an recent 40 time.

Also, since youve claimed that teams dont spy allen, please provide every offensive play where hes at qb... you must have access to that and have gone through it since you said thats the case. Meanwhile, Allen outproduced jackson running the ball. And Jackson undoubtedly helps the run game, a huge part of that production is volume based, theyve been running by fr the most and throwing the least. Its almost like they dont want him throwing.

SO to recap, Allen had a better year running the ball. Allen has a more talented arm, what exactly are you arguing here and do you really even believe it?

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

based on his arm, which is undeniably special. thats almost universally agreed upon, its like disputung jacksons fast despite the fact we dont have an recent 40 time.

Also, since youve claimed that teams dont spy allen, please provide every offensive play where hes at qb... you must have access to that and have gone through it since you said thats the case. Meanwhile, Allen outproduced jackson running the ball. And Jackson undoubtedly helps the run game, a huge part of that production is volume based, theyve been running by fr the most and throwing the least. Its almost like they dont want him throwing.

SO to recap, Allen had a better year running the ball. Allen has a more talented arm, what exactly are you arguing here and do you really even believe it?

I can't speak for every team, but I will say when the Jets played him, they didn't spy him.  That's simply because we're idiots though.

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

My argument is that Allen's running production is based on teams not respecting his athleticism, not because he's actually a good runner. Let's all take a second to imagine Josh Allen running this play:

And Allen has a stronger arm than Lamar. From everything I've seen of both "more talented" is highly questionable, as they both have roughly the same accuracy issues, except Lamar's mainly come while he's on the move (which is just weird). Josh Allen is still the most overhyped QB since Andrew Luck.

10 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I can't speak for every team, but I will say when the Jets played him, they didn't spy him.  That's simply because we're idiots though.

Yeah i had mentioned that earlier in the post. Do you think if Lee wasn't suspended they would have? I mean Bowles is clueless so probably not right lol

15 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

My argument is that Allen's running production is based on teams not respecting his athleticism, not because he's actually a good runner. Let's all take a second to imagine Josh Allen running this play:

And Allen has a stronger arm than Lamar. From everything I've seen of both "more talented" is highly questionable, as they both have roughly the same accuracy issues, except Lamar's mainly come while he's on the move (which is just weird). Josh Allen is still the most overhyped QB since Andrew Luck.

i understand what you think and what claims youve made. Im asking you to back them up with. you said teams arent spying on him, itd be foolish to say that unless you saw every play and no team ever had a spy on him. So do you have all those plays and have you reviewed them, if so why not post them?

cool story on the arm thing, Allens is still more talented as the majority of football media/scouts/whatever have said but i like seeing people talk out their you know what. Again, its not an controversial statement to say allens arm is special, the vast majority of football people (be it in college/nfl/ on tv...paid guys not arm chair scouts here) have noted it. Arguing so is like saying jackson isnt fast, its just shows how nonobjective one is. 

16 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yeah i had mentioned that earlier in the post. Do you think if Lee wasn't suspended they would have? I mean Bowles is clueless so probably not right lol

Probably not.  Hewitt could've spied, but he didn't.  We got torn up by QB's who could scramble all year.  

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

i understand what you think and what claims youve made. Im asking you to back them up with. you said teams arent spying on him, itd be foolish to say that unless you saw every play and no team ever had a spy on him. So do you have all those plays and have you reviewed them, if so why not post them?

cool story on the arm thing, Allens is still more talented as the majority of football media/scouts/whatever have said but i like seeing people talk out their you know what. Again, its not an controversial statement to say allens arm is special, the vast majority of football people (be it in college/nfl/ on tv...paid guys not arm chair scouts here) have noted it. Arguing so is like saying jackson isnt fast, its just shows how nonobjective one is. 

If teams were spying him and respecting his athleticism, you wouldn't see him running for the yardage he is. I already backed up this thought with one highlight reel of the most recent game - the game where a team has already seen him once and still chose to not spy him..

The majority of those same scouts also said Lamar Jackson couldn't pass from the pocket and should be a WR........

22 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If teams were spying him and respecting his athleticism, you wouldn't see him running for the yardage he is. I already backed up this thought with one highlight reel of the most recent game - the game where a team has already seen him once and still chose to not spy him..

The majority of those same scouts also said Lamar Jackson couldn't pass from the pocket and should be a WR........

you joking bro? one highlight reel of a recent game os proof of absolute nothing, but thanks for confirming my suspicions of whether you had done any actual background on it. Baseless claims always make people look smart.

33 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

you joking bro? one highlight reel of a recent game os proof of absolute nothing, but thanks for confirming my suspicions of whether you had done any actual background on it. Baseless claims always make people look smart.

"baseless claims" aren't supported by video evidence, but k. I mean, I can go back and post the footage of each game where Josh Allen had a good rushing day, if that makes you feel any better? Again I only chose the most recent game because it's the last game of the year and teams should've known Allen likes to scramble on passing plays, but yeah let's just believe I cherry picked a highlight video which shows absolutely nothing....

28 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"baseless claims" aren't supported by video evidence, but k. I mean, I can go back and post the footage of each game where Josh Allen had a good rushing day, if that makes you feel any better? Again I only chose the most recent game because it's the last game of the year and teams should've known Allen likes to scramble on passing plays, but yeah let's just believe I cherry picked a highlight video which shows absolutely nothing....

i have no idea why this needs to be said but 1, 8 or 22 plays out of a sample of 600 means nothing. when you make definitive statements like teams dont spy allen and arent worried about stopping him, then you need to prove it throughout the full sample of plays. If you havent already reviewed or can show team didnt spy allen, then its baseless. make sense now?

Archived