Thoughts on Josh Allen

bigbadbuff23835

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Wait, what?

He posts on another site I lurk on cause it's occasionally real funny (birthplace of the crying jordan meme) where he either genuinely believes, or pretends to believe, the earth is flat. I assume it's the same dude because of his irrational love of Josh Allen and Joshua Dobbs, and he has the same avatar.

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Weren’t Bakers hands bigger than every 1st round QB but Allen’s? And anyone who criticizes his arm strength clearly has never watched him. It’s a lazy hot take because he’s under 6-2.. He has elite accuracy and great arm strength.? 

Nope. Baker's hands were the smallest of the group. He has solid arm strength but his size and small hands make me skeptical he can get I done in the elements. Basically, I'm saying although he's currently better than Allen, his ceiling isn't as high and I'm pretty sure after a few years we'll be saying Allen is clearly the better cold weather QB.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Other than the ability to run, he feels like a Cutler 2.0 to me.  Other worldly talent, going to be talked about with potential for a long time.

He’s different from Cutler because of his attitude. Jay was notorious for not giving a rip, Josh is a total rah rah guy, and loves to hype up his teammates. He’s going to put the work in to be the best that he possibly can be, i don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say that about Cutler.

Just now, bigbadbuff23835 said:

He’s different from Cutler because of his attitude. Jay was notorious for not giving a rip, Josh is a total rah rah guy, and loves to hype up his teammates. He’s going to put the work in to be the best that he possibly can be, i don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone say that about Cutler.

That's not what I was referencing.  

i know it’s in shorts, but he has the accuracy in him. He’s never gonna be Drew Brees, obviously but as @Forge mentioned, if he’s in the low 60’s in comp percentage he is going to become lethal. It just baffles me how he can’t rbeow the ball in the flat, that should be one of the easiest throws. To me that almost seems mental.

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The difference is that Allen's tools are generational.   They both have pretty special tools.    But I'd say Lamar's actually got a more passer-friendly toolset to avoid failing outright.  But he doesn't have that Favre-type toolset for the same ceiling once he's fully developed.  There are only 2 guys who have it in the NFL this generation - Mahomes & Allen.  

I say the above being more convinced Jackson would succeed than Allen FWIW.   But I totally understood why he went late 1st.  

What tools? lol

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Not real high on Allen tbh.

His completion percentage was abysmal throughout the year and he turns it over when asked to win with his arm.  Literally every game he had to throw the ball 30 times he threw multiple INT’s. 

Physically I can see the Cam comparison, but that’s about it.  Cam was always a better passer than Allen is.

I also don’t love a QB who runs a lot.  Not many dudes can take the hits associated with being a high volume runner and not miss time. Allen’s a big, strong kid, so maybe he’ll be able....

All that aside, he’s young and seems to be sharp enough, so it’s entirely possible he develops into a good QB. I just wouldn’t personally bet on it.

The Bills receivers did him no favours in regards to completion percentage. Not saying it would have made him a 65% passer, but the Bills were one of the leading teams in drops. I'm not sure your second line is a fair assessment of Allen. Both the GB and Mia game he through a hailmary at the end of a half which got picked. Not really him making a bad decision. Plus, it just makes sense that the more you throw the more likely you are to have turnovers, he was asked to win every game because of how bad the running game was. Allen is a godsend in comparison to Tyrod who would rather throw it away or take a sack on 4th down then risk an INT.

Allen really isn't a QB that runs a lot. This year he finished 4th in attempts for QB's and he had at least 10 short yardage sneaks. A better running game from the RB's will limit his designed touches as well. 

On 1/1/2019 at 7:59 PM, Trentwannabe said:

I don't but I would say this video shows his best throw of the year, at least off the top of my head.

I mean, this is a throw that every QB at the NFL level should be able to complete, so that doesn't really bode well.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's crazy how Josh Allen is basically Lamar Jackson in terms of how raw each guy is from a pocket passing standpoint. But one of them is considered a project QB and the other was drafted 7th overall.

I'm pretty sure everyone considered Josh Allen a project QB too. 

Archived