Thoughts on Josh Allen

bigbadbuff23835

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I mean it also happen with Baker 8 out of 10 times he through over 30 passes. Four of those  games were either 2 or 3 INT games. 

Darnold did it 5 times out of 8 games of 30+ attempts with those 4  games being 2 INT, 2 INT, 3 INT and 4 INT.

Rosen did it 5 out of 6 times with those 5 games being 1INT, 2 INT, 1INT, 3INT, 1INT

All this tells me is rookies throw a lot of picks, especially when they're throwing a lot. 

Yeah but Baker was also completing passes and throwing TD’s.

He was actually making plays.

16 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The same arm that's about as inaccurate as any I've ever seen? He has the same exact issues as Lamar Jackson, but Lamar Jackson has generational athleticism at QB. What does Josh Allen? Generational arm strength? I don't think so. Generational athleticism? Nope. Generational accuracy? Absolutely not. So what is it?!

Sure, and then they drafted him 7th overall after not making him try out at WR at the combine. Weird how that works.

LOL man get out of here. 

First off all you've probably have watched 3 minutes of Josh Allen film/highlights/games. All you're doing is eating the narrative and hate that you read online of Josh Allen. How much of Allen film do you think Jalen Ramsey watched before calling him trash in the preseason? Probably less than you and Allen had the last laugh on Ramsey. I'm not saying he's not accurate at times but watch the actual games then talk to me. If your calling him the most inaccurate QB you've ever seen and you watched him play from week 10-week 16, i don't think you actually watched him. 

It is the combination of all of those things. Lamar Jackson looks like a runningback when he's playing QB, Josh Allen needs to work on his mechanics (foot work) to improve on his accuracy but he has the running ability paired with the biggest arm in the NFL that can make all the throws. 

Each team probably loves whatever rookie QBs but I'll take Allen over any of them besides Baker at the moment. The Bills had the worst, or 2nd worst OL, in the NFL. Paired with no WRs and no running game. 

He was pretty good as a rookie and should only improve. 

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Lmao at everyone trying to put down Baker and raise up Allen. Y’all need to stop drinking the kool aid. 

I'm still confused on how Baker and Lamar Jackson even became a thing in this thread. Its supposed to be about how people feel about Allen...Jackson and Baker have little to nothing to do with it. 

On 1/1/2019 at 7:55 AM, Art_Vandalay said:

I think he's the perfect QB for Buffalo. He embraces the cold, small market city and has the measurables to play there. I still think Cleveland made a mistake taking Baker over Josh, and it'll show when we get a larger sample of cold weather games.

What? Dude, as someone posting on a football web site, I am shocked that you don't watch the sport.

Your insane theory is wildly inaccurate--kind of like a Josh Allen pass attempt.

Also, did you question his arm strength in a different post on here? Boo. Boo to your takes.

45 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Baker had 9 more TD's than Allen while playing in 2 more games (really 3 more, Allen got like 10 token snaps in week 1). Allen was making plays too, his wideouts had five dropped TD passes I can show you each one.

Both turned the ball over a lot and looked like rookies at times. Both made plays, Allen just utilized his legs more.

17 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

We all know WHY that is. And it's something we can't talk about here so that's all I'll say.

Image result for eye roll gif

It's news to me that we aren't allowed to discuss the fact that Lamar Jackson is an electric runner, whereas Josh Allen is a difficult to tackle runner. Allen would not be able to separate playing WR--Jackson would.

If you want to talk about them as passers, Josh Allen is much better than Lamar Jackson. That should be clear to you after this season, but apparently we are still having this debate. If you asked Jackson to do what Josh Allen was asked to do in Buffalo, he would have been a monumental flop.

People are out here acting like Lamar Jackson is a successful passer or something. You can point to any numbers you want, but the eye test will show just about anyone that watched the two QB's that Allen is a far better passer. I might take Jackson over Allen because of the electricity as a runner, but it's a joke to call Lamar a good thrower of the football. I can't wait for him to get exposed in the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Baker had 9 more TD's than Allen while playing in 2 more games (really 3 more, Allen got like 10 token snaps in week 1). Allen was making plays too, his wideouts had five dropped TD passes I can show you each one.

Both turned the ball over a lot and looked like rookies at times. Both made plays, Allen just utilized his legs more.

I get you’re a fan and this fairly pointless to argue, but they’re not anything alike. One has trouble completing 50% of his passes and hasn’t shown an ability to win with his arm with any consistency.  The other played the last half of his rookie year playing at a very high level by nfl standards, not just rookie standards.

I’d be shocked if Allen ever puts together a season as good as Baker did this past year tbh. 

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Lmao at everyone trying to put down Baker and raise up Allen. Y’all need to stop drinking the kool aid. 

I don't think anyone is actually doing that. Certainly wasn't the point of my post. Also what kool aid lol?

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I'm still confused on how Baker and Lamar Jackson even became a thing in this thread. Its supposed to be about how people feel about Allen...Jackson and Baker have little to nothing to do with it. 

I brought Baker up to show that he, as all rookies do, threw INT, especially when throwing 30+ passes. Something that was held against Allen.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Allen put up 18 TD's himself. I don't want this to be a Baker vs Allen thing because A) I love Baker and B) No one questions that Baker was a better prospect and had a better rookie year

I just find it funny that things held against Allen don't seem to be the same standard with others. 

4 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I don't think anyone is actually doing that. Certainly wasn't the point of my post. Also what kool aid lol?

I brought Baker up to show that he, as all rookies do, threw INT, especially when throwing 30+ passes. Something that was held against Allen.

Allen put up 18 TD's himself. I don't want this to be a Baker vs Allen thing because A) I love Baker and B) No one questions that Baker was a better prospect and had a better rookie year

I just find it funny that things held against Allen don't seem to be the same standard with others. 

Well let’s also look at 27tds to 14 int vs 10td to 12int that is why. 

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

This is partly my fault, I brought up the picks alone and without context.

Picks are going to happen, but they have to be paired with big plays and scores, which I think Allen lacked, specifically through the air.

The completion percentage is also worrisome.  I’d there a precedent of someone in the last 15-20 years who’s had a completion percentage that low both in college and as a rookie who’s been successful long term?

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The completion percentage is also worrisome.  I’d there a precedent of someone in the last 15-20 years who’s had a completion percentage that low both in college and as a rookie who’s been successful long term?

I think the only one close is Matt Stafford but even that is a reach.

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Well let’s also look at 27tds to 14 int vs 10td to 12int that is why. 

Yes, as a passer Allen lacked behind everyone. But IMO his running made up for some of his (and the Bills offensives) deficiencies. I don't think its fair to only view him as a passer right now.

Archived