Thoughts on Josh Allen

bigbadbuff23835

1 hour ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I think he's the perfect QB for Buffalo. He embraces the cold, small market city and has the measurables to play there. I still think Cleveland made a mistake taking Baker over Josh, and it'll show when we get a larger sample of cold weather games.

You might be right if accuracy wasn’t an important attribute for a quarterback.

Not real high on Allen tbh.

His completion percentage was abysmal throughout the year and he turns it over when asked to win with his arm.  Literally every game he had to throw the ball 30 times he threw multiple INT’s. 

Physically I can see the Cam comparison, but that’s about it.  Cam was always a better passer than Allen is.

I also don’t love a QB who runs a lot.  Not many dudes can take the hits associated with being a high volume runner and not miss time. Allen’s a big, strong kid, so maybe he’ll be able....

All that aside, he’s young and seems to be sharp enough, so it’s entirely possible he develops into a good QB. I just wouldn’t personally bet on it.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

You might be right if accuracy wasn’t an important attribute for a quarterback.

I think Baker will be a good QB because of his accuracy. If Cleveland played in a dome I'd say Baker was the right pick. But small hands and his mediocre arm strength will undoubtedly rear its ugly head when playing in the elements. Cleveland's going to be at the mercy of the weather in those late, critical games

12 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I think Baker will be a good QB because of his accuracy. If Cleveland played in a dome I'd say Baker was the right pick. But small hands and his mediocre arm strength will undoubtedly rear its ugly head when playing in the elements. Cleveland's going to be at the mercy of the weather in those late, critical games

Say what now??

Weren’t Bakers hands bigger than every 1st round QB but Allen’s? And anyone who criticizes his arm strength clearly has never watched him. It’s a lazy hot take because he’s under 6-2.. He has elite accuracy and great arm strength.? 

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Weren’t Bakers hands bigger than every 1st round QB but Allen’s? And anyone who criticizes his arm strength clearly has never watched him. It’s a lazy hot take because he’s under 6-2.. He has elite accuracy and great arm strength.? 

His hands were smallish but certainly in the acceptable range. His arm strength should never be questioned, that is someone who just hasn't watched him or read about him.

9 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

josh allen was the second most impressive rookie in the class behind baker and far outdid expectations that anyone could have had imho - all of the “buffalo took the wrong josh” takes are very much quiet now, and they are gonna stay that way if he can keep it up

You gonna pretend like Arizona isn't the worst team in the NFL?

10 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I expect him to hit 1k rushing next year if healthy. He is the Lamar Jackson of the 2018 qb class.

But they both came out the same year. Isn't Lamar Jackson the Lamar Jackson of his own draft class?

I think they're playing it just right, making use of his size and ability to make plays with his feet which was a hugely underrated part of his skillset. He has an unbelievable arm, but he'll never be a consistent drop-back thrower as he just doesn't have the accuracy for it. This has been proven over and over, surrounding talent has nothing to do with it. The Bills would be smart to invest in some speed on the outside, he's not a QB who can win in the long drive game. But he can win in a run and bomb offense. 

Josh Allen has an unreal arm, with mediocre accuracy at best. 

Accuracy doesnt tend to improve that much over people's career.Accuracy is the biggest 'it' factor for a qb, you have it or you dont. Allen doesnt really have it. 

A+ arm 

A athelecism 

C+ accuracy.

He will need a couple of jump ball wrs and some super speed receivers to be successful imo.

Archived