Call Your Shot: 2019 NFL Draft - Your One Must Get Guy

Mr Anonymous

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

That move looked like Davante.

Yep, now add 4.3 speed and you've got Parris. My biggest concern is this kid is going to test too well at the combine and come off the board somewhere between pick 12 and the Saints pick. I'd love to get him with a 2nd rounder where he's currently projected. But many teams are going to be trying to get their Tyreke Hill and if Campbell puts up a crazy 40 time his stock could soar.

16 minutes ago, hoekd0250 said:

Mike Pettine needs a Jim Leonard at safety.  Nasir Adderley is that guy.

Really starting to like him.  Seen him as a 7'th round prospect and an end of first round prospect.  LOL.

Much to like there.  

19 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Yep, now add 4.3 speed and you've got Parris. My biggest concern is this kid is going to test too well at the combine and come off the board somewhere between pick 12 and the Saints pick. I'd love to get him with a 2nd rounder where he's currently projected. But many teams are going to be trying to get their Tyreke Hill and if Campbell puts up a crazy 40 time his stock could soar.

He'll gone before 30 if he runs a 4.3 IMO. 

Boy will fans on this board be upset if Green Bay drafts a WR with one of their 1st round picks.  

30 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Everyone should remember that last year there was NO WAY Derwin James and Tremaine Edwards were going to be there with the 14th pick, but there they were! Both of them!  Take it with a grain of salt.

Count me as one who thought both would go close to 14. No way Chubb would be available at 14 and I put Allen in the same catagory with maybe more burst but not quite as refined technically. 

27 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Really starting to like him.  Seen him as a 7'th round prospect and an end of first round prospect.  LOL.

Much to like there.  

I think he's a late 1st mid 2nd kind of guy come draft day -- he's a must get for me. I came in here to post him but see it's already done.

31 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I've seen write ups on him, Ferrell, that say that the other guys benefited from the attention that he got...as well as the early pressure as guys turn away from him.

Just going on what I've seen written.

But...that is something to consider.  I look at his tackles for losses over the past two years.  

2016, 6 sacks, 12.5 tackles for loss.

2017, 9.5 sacks, 18 tackles for loss.

2018, 11.5 sacks, 18.5 tackles for loss.

I get all that, just get the same feeling as I had for Tramain Edmunds last year. Wish I loved him but there is just something about his game I can’t put my finger on. I’ll hope like heck I’m wrong if the Packers pick him though. 

4 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I think he's a late 1st mid 2nd kind of guy come draft day -- he's a must get for me. I came in here to post him but see it's already done.

Not when he runs a 4.6. He sure makes plays but at what level of competition? Doesn’t look like he has great speed. 

7 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I get all that, just get the same feeling as I had for Tramain Edmunds last year. Wish I loved him but there is just something about his game I can’t put my finger on. I’ll hope like heck I’m wrong if the Packers pick him though. 

I very much get it.

I could write up a huge post about the "other" EDGE kids and what they bring to the table.  But I'll summarize.  I think that most have better, quicker highlights.  But in the end, Ferrell's toughness and size will make him a very good pro player.

With those two firsts, though, I can see GB going somewhere else and getting an edge at the end of round one.  Zach Allen, Jaylon Fergusson.....those are nice power players, too.  Kind of in the same mold.  

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I wanna see Hockenson's 40 time. Iowa did a great job of getting him wide open. If he runs a 4.9 .....

Kittle ran a 4.5

I'd be surprised to see a 4.5, but he's nowhere near a 4.9 player either.  A long strider, but he doesn't get caught from behind.

2 hours ago, SSG said:

Gonna start listening to you about Iowa TEs after nailing Kittle on the head.  There might not be a TE in the league you'd rather have (maybe Kelce).

Hah... I think i saw Krieger Coble floating around a practice squad yet last year.  I was hoping for more out of him.

I loved Kittle, but I wouldn't have spent a 2nd round pick on him at the time either.  His production is clearly unexpected.

But after watching both Kittle and Hock at Iowa, it's hard to not make comparisons.  TJ needs some time in the weight room for sure, but his playing style, top end speed, and desire to plant linebackers on their *** 20 yards down the field is so eerily similar to Kittle.  

He still has to make a decision, but it sure seems like the time is right for him.  I'd be surprised to see him in the first round due to his position, but early 2nd I think he's gone.  

Archived