Call Your Shot: 2019 NFL Draft - Your One Must Get Guy

Mr Anonymous

One way or another Gute has got to walk away from this draft having selected WR Parris Campbell from Ohio State. He is exactly what Rodgers needs and he'll be a tremendous weapon in Josh McDaniels' offense. Right now he's projected as a 2nd rounder but use the Saints pick if that's what it takes. This team needs his speed and he'd be a home run threat from anywhere on the field. That type of presence and the respect it commands opens the field up for everyone. Get this kid and strike fear into opposing defenses.

Who's your must get guy? You only get to name one.

At this point in time, I'm looking at four guys, all of whom are likely gone. Joint first are edge guys Josh Allen and Clelin Ferrell, followed by DL Ed Oliver and OT Greg Little.

More realistically, I suppose I should be looking at DL's Jeffery Simmons, Derrick Brown, Raekwon Davis, S Juan Thornhill, possibly S Deionte Thompson, if he's still on the board. Is #12 too early to be taking edge guys Zach Allen or Montez Sweat............probably.

14 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

One way or another Gute has got to walk away from this draft having selected WR Parris Campbell from Ohio State. He is exactly what Rodgers needs and he'll be a tremendous weapon in Josh McDaniels' offense. Right now he's projected as a 2nd rounder but use the Saints pick if that's what it takes. This team needs his speed and he'd be a home run threat from anywhere on the field. That type of presence and the respect it commands opens the field up for everyone. Get this kid and strike fear into opposing defenses.

Who's your must get guy? You only get to name one.

That move looked like Davante.

Any player in the draft; In this defense, Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen. If we switch to a 4-3, Bosa of Josh Allen. All require a big trade  

Where we currently sit... DT’s Simmons or Brown (Auburn) or Polite IF he’s 6’2” 245+ or under 6’2” has LONG arms. 

In the event that all these guys are gone, drop into the 20’s, pick up another pick in the 2nd round + and take a look at Sweat, Burns, OT Little or Wilkins from Clemson. 

Second #1 - one of....

TE Fant, OT’s Risner or Edwards (played hurt all year),  OG’s Dieter or Ford DT Requon Davis, Jerry Tillery. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2018/12/28/2019-nfl-draft-player-profile-clelin-ferrell/

Without a big time trade up, Bosa and Allen are gone.

I'm all about Ferrell.  Probably have said it too much on here.

From Draft Network....

Clelin Ferrell projects as a high impact defensive end at the NFL level. Ferrell is physically capable of exploding out of his three point stances but prefers to win with his hands on blockers as compared to relying on speed. His technical prowess, hands and transitional skills as a rusher will allow him to defeat well placed tackles off the edge. An ace run defender, Ferrell is a three down player immediately who should easily step into a starting role.

I love how he uses his hands.  Power game.  Power to speed.  Can get the edge, can win with power.  Plays the run and pass.  

I'm gonna be realistic and say Zach Allen. 

I think he's bust-proof.  He might be average, he might be great.  Don't really see him being any lower than either of those two options.  He's scheme-proof, too.  He would have a spot on a 4-3, a 3-4, whichever.  He could probably play IDL, EDGE, or a 4-3 left end type role. 

Probably out of range of the top EDGE players.  He's a nice consolation prize. 

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm gonna be realistic and say Zach Allen. 

I think he's bust-proof.  He might be average, he might be great.  Don't really see him being any lower than either of those two options.  He's scheme-proof, too.  He would have a spot on a 4-3, a 3-4, whichever.  He could probably play IDL, EDGE, or a 4-3 left end type role. 

Probably out of range of the top EDGE players.  He's a nice consolation prize. 

I like Allen too but at say, 20-25 not 12

Archived