LaFleur's Lieutenants - Coordinator/Staff Thread

incognito_man

36 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Walleye and Northern are some of Wisconsin's finest freshwater fish for eating purpose. We have a family cabin on the Lower Eau Claire Lake just outside of Hayward and hit the Barge quite often. Nothing like catching a Walleye or Northern, coming on shore filleting it and tossing it right on the grill and cracking a beer. That's Wisconsin's fine living right there.

Gotta tell my northern fish fry story....  We were in Canada a long time ago.  Kept a ton of walleyes to eat.  Kept a northern to try.  Filleted it up nice. Battered it up like walleye, cooked it up, took a bite, spit it out.  Terrible.  Awful.  Truly bad.  Threw the pike away in the trash.  Ate the walleyes.  Put the trash outside.  Raccoons got into it during the night.  Tipped the garbage, ate pretty much everything...except the pike.  Even the raccoons wouldn't touch the northern!

Never tried northern again until this winter.  Caught a nice one...in Hayward.  Filleted it up.  Cooked it right away and it was great.  Just as good as the crappies that we kept, probably even better.

Something must have been terribly wrong with that Canadian northern we tried to eat.  It was filleted perfectly.  Same batter as the walleyes.  Can't figure out why it was so ghastly.

25 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Gotta tell my northern fish fry story....  We were in Canada a long time ago.  Kept a ton of walleyes to eat.  Kept a northern to try.  Filleted it up nice. Battered it up like walleye, cooked it up, took a bite, spit it out.  Terrible.  Awful.  Truly bad.  Threw the pike away in the trash.  Ate the walleyes.  Put the trash outside.  Raccoons got into it during the night.  Tipped the garbage, ate pretty much everything...except the pike.  Even the raccoons wouldn't touch the northern!

Never tried northern again until this winter.  Caught a nice one...in Hayward.  Filleted it up.  Cooked it right away and it was great.  Just as good as the crappies that we kept, probably even better.

Something must have been terribly wrong with that Canadian northern we tried to eat.  It was filleted perfectly.  Same batter as the walleyes.  Can't figure out why it was so ghastly.

I dont even batter Northern or Walleye. Just fillet them up make a tinfoil pan to place on the grill with some butter, minced garlic a squeeze of a fresh lemon and some cajun seasoning and thats all she wrote. 

We chose Whitted over him if Welker was indeed in play for us. 

However chances were that Welker and his family probably wasn't that keen on moving to Green Bay and it was just simply him listening to interested teams and assessing his options. LaFleur probably knew that and thus moved accordingly to secure Whitt's services quickly.

It's very interesting to see both coaches who basically run the same offence taking a serious look at Welker who had no history of playing or coaching in that particular offence. I'm guessing all three are mutual friends.

2 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I hate to be that guy but 2 pages on retiring environmentally friendly and fishing:

Don’t start new threads on football topics like the draft. Just hide your thoughts in the middle of fishing or coaches personal appearance threads.

16 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I hate to be that guy but 2 pages on retiring environmentally friendly and fishing:

Sorry.  I got excited when I saw that I could actually post and care about something on this thread.
Pretending that I know anything about these assistants is just something I can't do.

36 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Sorry.  I got excited when I saw that I could actually post and care about something on this thread.
Pretending that I know anything about these assistants is just something I can't do.

No problem!  I don't have the availabilty to spend all day on the internet, so when I see that there is new info on a topic that I am interested in I get excited to see what is new.  Then I am disappointed to see that the 2 new pages of content are totally off topic. Some here complain about too many new threads on similar topics, but it is a lot easier to read a new topic than to sift through 93 pages of thread.  just my opinion and I am relatively new here.

3 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Butkus is the nephew of D Butkus and he’s a former bear. Is this allowed? Mole?

media is already writing their storyline/segments for when GB and Chicago play

He looks the part of a OL coach more so than the actually OL coach. If he came in with sunglasses, a sweater vest, and mustache...  Heads would have been exploding.

Arrgggh! Crunchyroll is down. I was really getting into Attack on Titan. Anyway...time to quickly update the staff list.

I think I may have found the Butkus connection. When Mike Shanahan was the Broncos head coach he had Jeremy Bates as his quarterback coach and coordinator. Well Bates later became coordinator for the Seahawks and he had Butkus on his offensive staff. No doubt that he implemented everything he learned from Shanahan into Seattle's offence and Butkus in turn would've learned some of that. It's surely because of his time under Bates which helped enable him to land the assistant OL gig with us. It also certainly doesn't hurt that he personally knows Hackett from his time at Jacksonville.

As for Rayna Stewart. This is simply Mennenga bringing his own guy in. He does have a very minor connection with Mark Murphy as he was a lowly graduate assistant at Northwestern during Murphy's very last year before he became the Packers CEO. It's very unlikely Murphy ever knew him or even spoke to him.

I would be surprised if LaFleur doesn't hire an offensive quality control assistant. He has one for defence and for ST so why not one for offence too.

Offense
Offensive Coordinator - Mike McDaniel, Mike LaFleur, Todd Monken, Nathaniel Hackett, Arthur Smith
Offensive Line - Rick Dennison, Adam Stenavich, Frank Pollack
Assistant Offensive line -  Luke Butkus
Tight Ends - Brian Angelichio, Justin Outten
Quarterbacks - Luke Getsy
Running Backs - Ben Sirmans
Wide Receivers - Shawn Jefferson, Karl Dorrell, Wes Welker, Alvis Whitted
Offensive Quality Control -  

Defense
Defensive Coordinator - Mike Pettine
Inside Linebackers - Brandon Staley, Chris Shula, Kirk Olivadotti
Outside Linebacker - Mike Smith 
Defensive Line - Jerry Montgomery 
Defensive Backs - Jason Simmons
Assistant Defensive Backs -  Ryan Downard
Defensive Quality Control - Wendel Davis
Defensive Quality Control-  Christian Parker

Special Teams
Special Teams Coordinator - Darren Rizzi, Brayden Coombes, Mike Mallory, Chris Horton, Tom Quinn, Wes Welker, Shawn Mennenga
Assistant Special Teams- Maurice Drayton
Special teams Quality Control- Rayna Stewart

Strength & Conditioning
Strength & Conditioning Coordinator - [candidates: Ray Wright,  Malcolm Blacken, Chad Englehart, Jesse Ackerman, Fernando Noriega, Tom Kanavy, Mike Wolf]
S&C Assistants - I expect we will keep Grant Thorne, he has a interesting resume. He combines his scientific background with athletics. He trained soccer teams, rugby teams, football teams giving him an unique outlook at various disciplines and carrying them over to NFL training.

Archived