2019 Draft Discussion

MOSteelers56

50 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Devin Bush made his case today. Obviously has height concerns but I would love to get some of that speed back at the ILB position. 

Big run one to run two difference. 4.44 to a 4.52. 

White went from 4.42 to 4.45. 

2 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Well he isn't gonna compare to White. I'm ok with either number. Vertical jump was nice too.

The concern is the added time in the second run.  Usually 3-4 hundredths of a second isn't too bad.  That was close to a full 10th of a second.  Thats a significant difference.  So we have to watch the tape again.  What happens over the course of a game?  What about back to back big plays? Basically where did this fatigue come from?  Waiting or is that him.

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

The concern is the added time in the second run.  Usually 3-4 hundredths of a second isn't too bad.  That was close to a full 10th of a second.  Thats a significant difference.  So we have to watch the tape again.  What happens over the course of a game?  What about back to back big plays? Basically where did this fatigue come from?  Waiting or is that him.

While I didn't see the drill, there are other reasons for a slower 2nd run (i.e. slower out of the blocks, stumble/misstep...etc) most of which seem more likely then fatigue imo. Even if it was fatigue, that's fixable. While the 40 didn't make all the "warts" disappear it certainly improved his stock. Wouldn't you agree?

49 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

He looked terrible in the backpedal. Not that it should erase tape. On the flip side, Murphy's "poor" 40 time may have him drop. 

Yea it may work out to be a good thing.

Archived