BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Like... I’m done. I’ve got one spreadsheet saved in my favorites. The one that is in the OP as the updated rosters and says it is updated. I expect that one to have the updated information I need to play in BDL to the best of my abilities. If I mess up because of this, too ******* bad for me. I’m not keeping up with every single change you all decide to make. 

So because I expect the one workbook that is linked on the front page and literally entitled “Updated BDL/Spotrac Master” to contain the updated information I need to play BDL, I don’t appreciate the workbooks or the work going into them. Got it. 

Just now, Whicker said:

So because I expect the one workbook that is linked on the front page and literally entitled “Updated BDL/Spotrac Master” to contain the updated information I need to play BDL, I don’t appreciate the workbooks or the work going into them. Got it. 

What?....I don't have access to change a post that belongs to Jlash.  If I could it would have already been done.  

Making this way more than it needs to be.

6 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

What?....I don't have access to change a post that belongs to Jlash.  If I could it would have already been done.  

Making this way more than it needs to be.

No. You’re not getting it which is fine. It’s my problem. There’s nothing you can say which will keep me from being upset about this. 

I expect things to be done in a way that makes sense to me. This makes absolutely no sense to me. I shouldn’t have to check for an update to make sure my automatic update updated 

6 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Hi all.  Both relax.  Lasher will change the link when he gets home.  For now the only info not in there Whicker are today's waiver pickups.  It'll all be ok!  Group hug! 

I'm good man...

You got a list of those names and I'll update that right now.

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Hi all.  Both relax.  Lasher will change the link when he gets home.  For now the only info not in there Whicker are today's waiver pickups.  It'll all be ok!  Group hug! 

You don’t get it either. This isn’t about this one specific instance. It’s about the idea of a whole of creating anew workbook and not only providing what I feel was adequate warning for the change but also doing so unnecessarily 

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

You don’t get it either. This isn’t about this one specific instance. It’s about the idea of a whole of creating anew workbook and not only providing what I feel was adequate warning for the change but also doing so unnecessarily 

You're right I didn't tag everyone in the update.  I'll be sure to do that in the future.  This post also explained my reasoning for why it was necessary.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

You're right I didn't tag everyone in the update.  I'll be sure to do that in the future.  This post also explained my reasoning for why it was necessary.

What about a change to the old workbooks? When I go to a website that’s obsolete I get told when I visit that site. Or an update to the name of the workbook?

This is what I’m saying: My entire time in BDL I’ve been able to access the spreadsheet directly, without having to come to the site, and expect it to be updated (within a reasonable time frame of course). This makes sense to me because that’s how other things are in my life. I log on to Xbox Live and the Xbox is automatically updated. I log into MtG Arena and the update just starts. I should not have to check for an update to the updater. I should be able to log into the spreadsheet and have it contain all the info I need, even if that info is a banner with a link to the new one. 

8 minutes ago, Whicker said:

What about a change to the old workbooks? When I go to a website that’s obsolete I get told when I visit that site. Or an update to the name of the workbook?

This is what I’m saying: My entire time in BDL I’ve been able to access the spreadsheet directly, without having to come to the site, and expect it to be updated (within a reasonable time frame of course). This makes sense to me because that’s how other things are in my life. I log on to Xbox Live and the Xbox is automatically updated. I log into MtG Arena and the update just starts. I should not have to check for an update to the updater. I should be able to log into the spreadsheet and have it contain all the info I need, even if that info is a banner with a link to the new one. 

Not making fun of you whicker, just the irony of this statement makes me chuckle.