BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

As far as I remember, the league year ends one day, starts the next.  For example, Ends 1/31, starts 2/1, I don't recall a dead period in between.  I could be wrong though, I don't do too much from playoffs til draft.  Cuz its dumb to.

EDIT;  Though I do recall that the league year ends the day after the Bizz Bowl.  That much I do remember.

Edited by pheltzbahr

Just looking at the Transactions thread, it was posted 1/6, so what I recall is that the league year ends the day after the Bizz bowl, the new league year starts the day after, and SirA usually posts up the transactions thread a couple weeks after to give us all a break, Spreadsheet Updaters in particular.

That said wwhickok, your plan to double down Ben is not going to fit in.  I remember being in your position also a couple years ago with some scrub who played in a playoff game the previous year and couldn't FA cut him til the next league year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WFLukic said:

Feels great to finally make the bizzbowl after falling short in the semi-finals the previous 2 years.

Glad the gamble on Josh worked out. I was confident in him and I think he's proven a lot of people wrong this year.

I'll be honest this is gonna be tough for me to vote on. These are both deserving teams.

• Like 1

Jack Rileys interview with NOLA Owner @WFLukic (regardless of what he says, this interview actually happened)

Welcome to the Jack Riley BDL Bizz Bowl Preview Show!
Thanks for joining me Lukic
Lukic:  Glad to be here.

So it's been a long season and you've got one more tough opponent on your schedule, how are you feeling?
I'm feeling good my players have worked their tail off to get here.

What is the biggest challenge Camden presents?
Being able to make it look like a challenge I'd say. I have an All-Pro team. We will try to keep the score under 100.

Are you worried about Lamar Jackson at all? He has been tough to stop?
Nope. Lamar is gonna get popped a lot. He will be running for his life.

It doesnt sound like you respect your opponent much.
Sure I respect that they worked hard to get here and honestly I feel bad.

Feel bad about what?
That they're about to get steamrolled.

What is your approach to this going to be?

Use my superstar QB, WRs, and RB and destroy the morale of the competition.

Anything positive to say about them?
Yes. I'm positive they dont stand a chance.

Okay...this took an interesting turn...any final thoughts?
Yeah, you should get a better studio.

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 6

36 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Feels great to finally make the bizzbowl after falling short in the semi-finals the previous 2 years.

Glad the gamble on Josh worked out. I was confident in him and I think he's proven a lot of people wrong this year.

I knew this game would be pretty passionate for that reason and didn’t mention that.

Josh Allen was my number one QB in last years draft. It’s worth noting now that he’s taken his team to the BDL promise land.

Jack Rileys Bizz Bowl Preview Interview with Camden Owner - @Jlash -- (this interview really happened, would I lie about something like this?)

Welcome to the Jack Riley BDL Bizz Bowl Preview Show!
Thanks for joining me Jlash

Jlash: Glad to sit down with you 

So by now I'm sure you've heard the interview I conducted with Lukic?
Yeah I heard it. He is right. Its gonna be hard to keep the score within 100. Because Lamar is gonna score 10 rushing TDs on the first 10 plays of the game.

Well that'd be historical. 
What would be historical is Lukic making it 15 seconds without talking about how great his WRs are.

You don't think they're good?
Sure they are, but so was MacGyver and eventually that got old too.

What is NOLAs weakness?
Look Jackson has beaten up on some of these punk defenders already. Stay tuned, bring your popcorn. 

What's the biggest challenge for Camden in this game?
Making sure my defense doesnt murder Josh Allen.

What is Camdens biggest advantage?
Do you count beating the opposition so bad itll look like a behind the scenes look at Jeffery Dahmers life?

Do you respect the opposition?
They didnt get here by accident. 

Do you believe Camden can win?
I believe we will win. Yes.

Any final words?
I hope they've got life flight on standby, NOLA is gonna need it, a lot.

Edited by wwhickok
  • Like 4