BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Probably should of just kept my mouth shut, just get tired of hearing about the Mahomes trade when it hasn't helped Portlands team out at all.

Doesn't mean it was a good trade.

giphy.gif

It didn't need to be brought up in the first place. 

Edited by Jlash

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Dude I literally never made you an offer. I PM'd you that day asking what you were looking for. By the next morning he had been traded. 

And none of this even matters to the trade that has now been withdrawn, aside from the fact that Counselor decided to bring up something old, and factually incorrect despite what you think you remember, I never even had the time to make an offer.

You're right none of this matters...There isn't anything wrong with the trade you made to acquire Mahomes.

I don't recall if you actually made me an official offer but you were pretty upset about the trade that was made and had a lot to say about it in private...Don't tell you me you don't remember...haha.

Dude make the trade with xmad.  Mahomes clearly isn't helping his team win games maybe a change at qb would help him out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Wasn’t going to approve the trade but I was never going to veto anything.

Hahaha. It's no different dude. If it doesn't get the approvals....it doesn't count. 

Onward, forward. It's done now.

When I had to gameplan against Lamar Jackson I did not have a plan that I felt could truly slow him down. He’s not a flash in the plan even if his playing style suggests so. He led the NFL in passing TDs and rushed for over a 1000 yards. That doesn’t just happen with someone who’ll be good for a season or two.

Plus whomever has Mahomes will have to 
A) Tender him in the offseason to turn his contract into 1 year $745 to 2 years approximately 22k ($11 per)

B) Keep the $745 tag and sign him to a long term deal next off season (75% of 40k per)

or 

C) 100% of his tender while they work it all out next year

You can keep Lamar Jackson for $1,835 for at least one full season. Not a loss at all.

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Hahaha. It's no different dude. If it doesn't get the approvals....it doesn't count. 

Onward, forward. It's done now.

I don’t blame you for it but I don’t think the trade was lopsided at all. Surprising? Amused? Shocked? Yes.

Youve got an interesting offseason coming up no matter what. Patrick Mahomes does not guarantee anything more than a few wins. Plus whomever has him will finally have to pay him somewhat near his value.

Just now, MD4L said:

I don’t think the trade was lopsided at all. Surprising? Amused? Shocked? Yes

But not deemed appropriate for approval. As much as you're my boy, this makes absolutely 0 sense.

"I don't think the trade was lopsided at all."

"I was never going to approve the trade."

giphy.gif

I'd say at some point, since you are a committee member, you're going to want to straighten out exactly how you handle situations like this. Because this is the wrong way. 

Just now, Jlash said:

But not deemed appropriate for approval. As much as you're my boy, this makes absolutely 0 sense.

"I don't think the trade was lopsided at all."

"I was never going to approve the trade."

giphy.gif

I'd say at some point, since you are a committee member, you're going to want to straighten out exactly how you handle situations like this. Because this is the wrong way. 

If I’m the one person that would’ve had to approve it to make it official I would’ve. I abstained from the first Mahomes trade but in no way shape or form is Jackson a significant downgrade from Mahomes.