BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 hour ago, Jlash said:

Full end of season rookie report for Camden:

Montez Sweat- Struggled hard to start the year, 1.5 sacks in the first 8 games of the season, while setting a solid edge. Picked it up in the second half of the year collecting 5.5 sacks over the final 8 games. Much happier to end the year with him than I was to start. 

Greedy Williams- I think his tackling is always going to be an issue, but you can't teach a 6'2 corner with 4.34 speed and while he earned poor marks from everyone bible PFF, pro football reference shows him allowing an 86 passer rating while being responsible for 0 TD's through the air. Not great, not horrible.

AJ Brown- What can I say? Once an actual QB (not even a good one) got in there Brown blew up. Hard to tackle after the catch and an ability to track a deep ball through traffic and he ended the regular season over 1,000 yards in a run heavy offense while averaging over 20 YPC. Very happy.

Dexter Lawrence- Fat guy. Started every game and played heavy snaps and did what I hope he would do. Stopped the run, very well. 

Mack Wilson- A guy a lot of people were lower on than me, and he went to a bad spot initially. Two entrenched starters and another ILB taken ahead of him. Once a starter went down Wilson started every game from then on out and played nearly every snap. Work in progress, but the experience is priceless.

Hakeem Butler- Got drafted to a team in need of WRs, and they drafted 3 of them. He was due to be a project either way and then had a nasty finger injury in preseason. Season lost, who knows if he gets another shot.

Tytus Howard- Thought to be a project, ended up being a surprise 1st round pick by the Texans and once he settled in a RT he was solid. Injury shortened year, but still hopeful after seeing how he played. 

Amani Hooker- Rotational safety who played in every game for the Titans. Not sure what to make until he gets real PT. 

David Montgomery- Got tons of PT, broke lots of tackles, didn't do anything flashy. Hope the Bears offense improves next year. 

Damien Harris- Inactive almost all year. Surprised by it, because they took him in the 3rd and he ran really well in the preseason. Wasted year.

Kahale Warring- Project player I was unsure of taking until 2 people PM'd me immediately after the selection to trade for him. Like Butler, a project player missing a full year due to injury is never good.

Jalen Hurd- Another project player who shined in his preseason debut, then missed the rest of the year with broken bones in his back. Same as Warring and Butler. Needs to see a real turnaround. Biggest thing for me with this pick was I debated between him and Mecole Hardman. Probably made the wrong choice. 

Maxx Crosby- My first PFA pick, and I nailed it. Liked him in the draft process, just knew he was another potential project who needed a real strength coach and a real opportunity. Raiders couldn't have offered anymore than that, being dead last in the league in sacks and having Deuce Gruden as the strength guy.  Very happy.

Benny Snell Jr- Loved loved loved him at Kentucky. I know he's a sub par athlete for the league. Got more PT than expected this year but I know his ceiling is limited. Still love the guy though.

And they're all BDL champs. 

That's a damn good haul. We're well set for future success. 

• Like 2

WR - DK Metcalf - Stellar 

TE - TJ Hockenson - Stafford stop throwing to him after Week 1 the he inevitbly go injured.

OT - Andre Dillard - Did well in replacement of Peters at LT.

CB - Amani Oruwariye - Started thr last 3 games for the Lions and did great.

WR - Andy Isabella - like the 5th WR...

RB - Darrell Henderson - Rarelybsaw the field.

OLB - Deandre Walker - Injured

Edge - LJ Collier - Injured and healthy scratch

OG - Connor McGovern - IR since preseason

DT - Khalen Saunders - Inactive except when Jones was out.

Edge - Oshane Ximines - Rotational. Got a couple sacks.

WR - Emanuel Hall - Undrafted

PFA

DT - Trystell Hill - Mostlyinactive

WR - Darius Slayton - Actually did well in slot

Edited by PR
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

This has to be one of the best skill player drafts in recent memory, there's like 20 rookies between QB, RB, WR and TE that have immediately produced at a high level. It's nuts. 

Remember when everyone said that draft was trash and just gave their picks away?

• Like 1