BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

18 minutes ago, PR said:

AJ Brown is way overhyped considering he already has difficulty getting separation.

Yea that 16 YPC and 17 TD's over the past two years really indicates he couldn't get away from anyone at the college level. 

Just because someone operates out of the slot doesn't immediately mean they're a sloth. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Yea that 16 YPC and 17 TD's over the past two years really indicates he couldn't get away from anyone at the college level. 

Just because someone operates out of the slot doesn't immediately mean they're a sloth. 

He has his numbers because of his size and strength with his ability to take on opposing CBs. Not his speed. At the next level he is playing a higher level of CBs. I don't think his lack of explosiveness is going to help him. I see him being a Muhsin Muhammad type.

3 hours ago, Whicker said:

I should have waited to post them. Now I'm all fired up, but I should be going to work

May all your cards be live and all your pots be monsters.

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 1

I would also like to add that I'm not saying Brown is bad. I'm saying he is over hyped. I think he is a #2 option ala Muhammad, Sanu etc, not worth the #5 pick in the draft especially since the one criticism I had was that my receivers were slow already. Adding another slow WR is not going to change that 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PR said:

his size and strength with his ability to take on opposing CBs.

Does he get smaller and weaker in the NFL? You see what slot corners look like in todays game? Of course he's going to be playing against more talent, but he's also more athletic than you're giving him credit for. 

Just now, PR said:

I would also like to add that I'm not saying Brown is bad. I'm saying he is over hyped. I think he is a #2 option ala Muhammad, Sanu etc, not worth the #5 pick in the draft especially since the one criticism I had was that my receivers were slow already. Adding another slow WR is not going to change that 

And if you're talking overhyped, Whicker is the only calling him a top 5 pick.