BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

46 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Carolina was all down hill after they got rid of Jaaaaash Noman.

They went down hill when Greg Hardy got busted. Norman while a good CB only played half the field. 

Just now, DingoLadd said:

I've seen this take so much over the years.

Cam has had more success than Andrew Luck but he's a glorified RB because he doesn't have great stats. 

I'm a Carolina fan. The guy can't hit a WR unless they are over 6'2.  He over throws Olsen regularly about a foot over his head on non-deep throws. Completely in comparison to other QBs he is a very mediocre QB with athleticism. However with athletic QBs they always get injured eventually. Their style of play is short lived. The pocket passer has longetivity and more success if given the pieces to surround. Luck wasn't as successful because they never built a solid running game and barely invested in their defense. It made Colts one dimensional.

4 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Straight down hill to a 15-1 record and a SB appearance.  Got it.

No defensive pressure on Manning. Went on to 6-10 year following

6 minutes ago, PR said:

Yeah, I remember Manning tearing them up relentlessly for 85 yards with wobbleducks.  It was insane.

Edited by pheltzbahr
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Straight down hill to a 15-1 record and a SB appearance.  Got it.

37 minutes ago, PR said:

31 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Yeah, I remember Manning tearing them up relentlessly for 85 yards with wobbleducks.  It was insane.

pheltz is winning this exchange if anyone is keeping track.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Cam Newton went to the SB because of one of the best Defenses in the league and screwed it up terribly with turnovers in the SB. He is good, has never truly been great.

Patrick Mahomes was carried by one of the best WR's and offensive coaches in the league, he screwed up the AFC title game by not throwing enough TDs in the post season, he wasn't that great. 

Youre kidding right?

Name another QB that can throw no look long heave td passes? I will wait cuz there isnt one.

Yes he played on a good team without a true #2 WR or star RB and a defense that played far beyond their actual talent. 

Pat Mahomes is 10x better than Cam Newton has ever been.

Example of no matter how unbiased you think you are, you're always biased. ^

Patrick Mahomes can do no wrong because he's the current MVP, give it 2-4 seasons and when "oh no he hasn't done the thing" ya'll will move on and call him overrated. 

This happens every single time a new young QB takes a massive step, it was the same with Luck, was the same with Carr, and now it's Mahomes.