BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'll be interested to see how these opinions right now carry over to the regular season because it seems like a lot of people already are pre-determined determined on how they plan to vote on matchups

No one even knows the individual matchups yet, nothing is determined.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TedLavie said:

I disagree with Lukic, I like the Jimmy G deal. He has more upside than Stafford/Cam. I would only argue that Jlash should have gone Matt Ryan at this rate. Especially since nowadays QBs play well into their 30s.

I thought a lot about Ryan, but he's already well into his 30's and he's peaked as a player IMO. His bid would've been the same amount of money, and bidding on a player 7 years younger with the same coach that made Ryan an MVP was more about upside for me. Riskier, but I know what Ryan gets me and I'm gambling on Jimmy.

8 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Hmm, you're right. Barely though. I can clear the cap so it should be fine and someone will outbid me shortly anyway on one of them.

Bids can not exceed the salary cap, whichever one you put you over is invalid.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I thought a lot about Ryan, but he's already well into his 30's and he's peaked as a player IMO. His bid would've been the same amount of money, and bidding on a player 7 years younger with the same coach that made Ryan an MVP was more about upside for me. Riskier, but I know what Ryan gets me and I'm gambling on Jimmy.

Wait Matt Ryan was available and no one bid on him?

Man I forgot how stingy BDL is with QBs. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jlash said:

From PFA pick to top safety in the NFL! At least some guy named Doug thinks so..

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019/06/06/the-nfls-11-best-safeties/11/

I’d be a little more impressed if you picked him in the 7th round because you would be picking him before seeing where and how high he lands. He was the 64th pick in the actual draft. Still impressive though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I'll be interested to see how these opinions right now carry over to the regular season because it seems like a lot of people already are pre-determined determined on how they plan to vote on matchups

Some of us have a pre-determined idea on how we see opposing teams. I know personally which teams I believe are good and which aren't. But that may chance throughout the year depending on IRL performances

27 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’d be a little more impressed if you picked him in the 7th round because you would be picking him before seeing where and how high he lands. He was the 64th pick in the actual draft. Still impressive though. 

Where those small school guys land are more important than anything though. His production in college combine with his landing spot were too good to pass on. Same reason I went after Maxx Crosby in PFA even though I have plenty of edge guys.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Hahaha I knew you'd like that.

I would put Harrison Smith a bit higher, Byard a bit lower, and maybe a guy or two should be added.

The Eddie Jackson love is well deserved.

Just now, MD4L said:

I would put Harrison Smith a bit higher, Byard a bit lower, and maybe a guy or two should be added.

The Eddie Jackson love is well deserved.

You're right. Jamal Adams should be #1.

• Like 1