BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

On 6/15/2019 at 9:04 PM, wwhickok said:

Im just saying i know Cam Newtons bid was invalid and we are out of that period but...i dont see how Carolina wasnt made to take on the cap cost of Cam Newton

Yet again Whick, mind your own business.. You can't even run a mock a full season in any given mock, not mine not Mike's, not Wizard's do I need to go on? 

1 hour ago, BringinDaPain said:

Yet again Whick, mind your own business.. You can't even run a mock a full season in any given mock, not mine not Mike's, not Wizard's do I need to go on? 

Hey! There you are! Glad you're back. Everything ok?

1 hour ago, BringinDaPain said:

I meant no disrespect. But you know, I'm not even the one that started the conversation thinking that you quit.  So what the hell is the deal? You have something specifically against me or something?

Yeah, I tend to have a busy schedule and foolishly continue to get myself involved in mocks I can't finish.  I have told you no probably about a dozen times about getting involved in your mock year after year and  this last one, i felt bad that I always say no so I gave it a shot and I shouldn't have because I knew going in my schedule couldn't handle it.

When I joined this, I changed jobs and now my schedule is much more easy going.   Anyway, even know I'm not even the one that made the accusation initially, I'll apologize because apparently it's all my fault, I'm somehow the fall guy yet again.

On a serious note, I'm glad you're back and I hope everything irl is alright.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

But you know, I'm not even the one that started the conversation thinking that you quit

I mean... You were saying you thought he should be punished for misreading how to bid, I'd be mad about it too. Haha.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

I mean... You were saying you thought he should be punished for misreading how to bid, I'd be mad about it too. Haha.

That wasn't about BDP.  That was about the process.  I get what you're saying, and I was more posing a question than making a suggestion.  I think (and i'm not saying this was the case with him) several people just make bids without doing any sort of math and then it becomes invalid and they're like "screw it".  I don't necessarily agree with that mentality, that's all.

But if he wants to fault me for that, that's fine.  But to fault me for being among the people that thought maybe he wasn't coming back, c'mon now... I don't think that's a fair stance.  I also said that someone in charge should try to touch base with him, alluding to the idea there was a possibility that he didn't quit. 

Honestly, Idc, I don't know anyone here personally.  Y'all don't have to like me, I'm pretty used to that.  The feeling instantly of the exclusive variety.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

But to fault me for being among the people that thought maybe he wasn't coming back, c'mon now..

He quoted the part that you said he should have to pay all Cams salary, so I assumed that's what he was more mad about than asking if he quit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

He quoted the part that you said he should have to pay all Cams salary, so I assumed that's what he was more mad about than asking if he quit.

Yeah, you're right, Well, I apologize, he's right, I was a bit too aggressive about that, but that, like I said, was less about Cam Newton and BDP and more about the people who just keep doing it.

After watching the free-agent addition in the spring, Kaboly believes Moncrief "easily looks like a 50- or 60-catch guy with five or six touchdowns." The receiver also earned praise from Ben Roethlisberger, who talked up Moncrief's work ethic and knowledge of the offense. It is still possible James Washington or Diontae Johnson make their case in camp, but things are looking good for Moncrief right now, making him a nice value pick in the double-digit rounds.

@Hockey5djh thought Moncrief wouldn’t make the roster.

6 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I don't remember saying that, His contract alone gets him a roster spot this season? That said he's just another guy

He’s got a chance to be more than that is my only point.