BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

28 minutes ago, Counselor said:

What is he supposed to say about the QB they bet the franchise on and traded up for? He’s garbage and belongs flipping hot cakes? I think not. 

You throw him under the bus, blame the GM who drafted him and get as much blackmail on ownership as you can. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WFLukic said:

Excuse my French when I say this, but he’s a ******* dude. He’s a ******* dude with a ******* arm and he’s accurate as ****.

Those starred words could go either way.  You dont even need to be that creative.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MCoster said:

Why in the bdl roster spreadsheet are some  real life free agents are PS/inactive, and some RL FA. Also why is someone like Cordy Glenn PS/inactive right now? 

Overall I like it though, whoever's running it if they need help updating it, you can add me. 

The bulk of those issues you see is because the player's position title is labeled incorrectly so the index formula isn't matching the name with the spotrac listing.  This stuff can get fixed it just takes some manual entry in sheet 33.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

Wait...so I didn't take over a new team last year? And we didn't follow the same pattern of trading away a bunch of players to clear cap? Yes, the team I took on was more talented, and yes I had the #1 overall pick but that's not to say wwhickok can't still make a quick turn around into a competitive team.

....and just so your memory is straight i'll remind you the full picture. A year ago I was the "Co GM" to Footy for Orlando, there was an opening for Compton and as the BDL does every year there is an opening is to try and get Co GMs to jump into a full time role. While I did initially balk at taking Compton it was because I wanted to stick with the Orlando team that I had "Co Gmed" (read: did all the work for throughout the season) rather than take on Compton. There was a concern that Footy wasn't even around enough to GM Orlando on his own so moving me from Orlando to Compton would just cause the need for another GM for Orlando. That started a large argument in the league over "should we kick Footy out" and it almost went to a vote. To keep his team and avoid a vote Footy offered to trade me Wilson if I took Compton (note: despite many people's feelings otherwise this wasn't just a "player giveaway" as it took 3 different attempts and a full trade comparison write-up to get the value to a level that the trade committee would allow, including multiple picks and players). I completed the trade for Wilson and subsequently took Saquon #1 overall. While I fully understand that they were two HUGE moves for my team I also made a lot of other moves in the offseason to clear cap, fill gaps in the roster, and secure the decent players on the team to deals which are similar to what wwhickok is doing now.

Note to this story: Footy quit the league that offseason anyway, so kudos to those of you in the "kick Footy out group". Hopefully all is well with him as there was a post here a few months back that he had a prominent role at LSU or one of those schools.

The only thing I truly regret in this league is choosing Footy over Blue

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Got a rental car yesterday.  Left DC at 11 pm.  Got to Nashville 10 1/2 hours later to surprise dad.  Now, on zero hours of sleep, it's time for bar study!

How are you well-rested people doing?

Greta been sleeping at least 8 hours a night. Of course because I don’t work again until August

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Got a rental car yesterday.  Left DC at 11 pm.  Got to Nashville 10 1/2 hours later to surprise dad.  Now, on zero hours of sleep, it's time for bar study!

How are you well-rested people doing?

Let me guess, you're going to be a Waaahmbulence chaser.