BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

8 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

So you're the one screwing everything up. We had a nice thing going with 4 teams needing a QB and 4 startable QB available and now prices are skyrocketting.

Well I've declared Matt Ryan to be mine and so feel free to pursue one of those other 3 options my friend.

3 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

So now that you've fully entered in this ST, how do you feel about the sheet / form? Still unconvinced?

It's good. The Matt Ryan auction is showing its limitations a lot though since there's very very limited options with bids this big

• Like 1

Just now, Whicker said:

It's good. The Matt Ryan auction is showing its limitations a lot though since there's very very limited options with bids this big

I'll be honest, I don't remember any ST bids going over 10K, so I didn't really plan for this to happen, neither did @ny92mike I believe

Definitely something we can work for the future if we decide to stick with the sheet / form

1 minute ago, TedLavie said:

I'll be honest, I don't remember any ST bids going over 10K, so I didn't really plan for this to happen, neither did @ny92mike I believe

Definitely something we can work for the future if we decide to stick with the sheet / form

What's the deal?  

I have the bids to go as high as $20,050, where once it hits 10,000, increments of 500 is required to qualify a valid offer.

We can change that to go as high as needed, just didn't think anything would reach 20k for free agents in the shark tank.  Figured most of the expensive talent would be signed in the reg. fa pool.

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

What's the deal?  

I have the bids to go as high as $20,050, where once it hits 10,000, increments of 500 is required to qualify a valid offer.

We can change that to go as high as needed, just didn't think anything would reach 20k for free agents in the shark tank.  Figured most of the expensive talent would be signed in the reg. fa pool.

Right now the bid on Ryan is $15050. The sheet says next valid bid would be $15300, but the next available bid is $16050. After this point it only increases in $1000 increments. I guess up to this point it has been in $500 increments but the sheet's "next valid bid" column has always been incorrect.

Just now, Whicker said:

Right now the bid on Ryan is $15050. The sheet says next valid bid would be $15300, but the next available bid is $16050. After this point it only increases in $1000 increments. I guess up to this point it has been in $500 increments but the sheet's "next valid bid" column has always been incorrect.

Yup. Kind of screws over those higher bids with limitations on when you manage to jump in with your bid.

Suddenly it can become a competition about who enters their bid at a more favorable tracking point within the system, rather than outbidding by the actual appropriate bid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I think I see the issue, but let me get this right before changing anything.

Current bid on Ryan is 15,050, workbook is saying that the next valid offer would be 15,300, difference of 250 but it's wrong as it should be an increase of 1000 (16,050).  So the form is showing the correct increments but the workbook isn't...is that correct? 

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

I think I see the issue, but let me get this right before changing anything.

Current bid on Ryan is 15,050, workbook is saying that the next valid offer would be 15,300, difference of 250 but it's wrong as it should be an increase of 1000 (16,050).  So the form is showing the correct increments but the workbook isn't...is that correct? 

• For Contracts in the $350-$1,000 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $25.

• For Contracts in the $1,001-$2,500 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $50.

• For Contracts in the $2,501-$5,000 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $100.

• For Contracts in the $5,001-$10,000 range, the min increase to outbid someone is $250.

I honestly don't know the rules 1000%, but I don't see where it should go up to $1000 per bid. If anything I'd argue it should remain $250 based on the above