BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

4 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

It is with a heavy heart and a schedule that keeps getting fuller by the week that I must give up on being a BDL owner. 

Long story short, my work takes up way too much time during football season and it was a struggle last year to keep up now with even more hours being stacked on top of that I don't think I'd manage to keep it up for an entire season.

Obviously I'll stick around until we can find a replacement, I offered the team to my co-owner @Shady Slim but he's busy as well. I'll also stick around as a co-owner after that gets settled, this was a fun (year and a half?) experiment.

RFA will never be the same.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BringinDaPain said:

Both are very talent players we all know but as for PFF goes they have slipped with their grading system in the past couple yrs. just my .02

Not my main point. Derwin was awesome as was Denzel Ward, Vander Esch, Chubb, etc. If Derwin finished as the second best defensive rookie, clearly he was fantastic. It not worth discussing IF he was good.

10 minutes ago, BringinDaPain said:

Both are very talent players we all know but as for PFF goes they have slipped with their grading system in the past couple yrs. just my .02

Oh, I actually used to give come creditability to PFF about 5 years ago when it took them 4 days or some to come out with the week's grades.  But now they have been bought and paid for so many times over that I have issue even relying on them for stats like pressures allowed or pass break ups.

PFF has always been a useful tool. It helps internet guys talk about football, but their grades don’t take into account a lot of things that make players good. They’re a good tool to gather additional information but even at their peak was not the ultimate indicator of whether a player is good.

• Like 1