Divisional Playoff Round

Leader

"If INDYs OL can shut down the KC front 4 like they did against a superior CHI DL - Luck's got a good shot at getting them points"

Not happening so far.

"Problems gonna be can the INDY D shut down the KC offense"

Definitely not happening so far.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Quenton Nelson keeping that high-flying Chiefs offense from scoring. 

I swear I'll stop, but not until people see. 

You get one draft pick and you need to do the best you can with that pick, each pick. They desperately needed a lot of positions, but keeping their franchise QB alive was top of that list given his health. Quenton Nelson is keeping Jones pretty much at bay with no help.

You can keep beating the drum but it won't change the fact Quenton Nelson was a very solid pick. 

Just now, Golfman said:

You can keep beating the drum but it won't change the fact Quenton Nelson was a very solid pick. 

Disagree.  He's a good player no doubt, but he's not going to get them as far as literally a half a dozen other players would have.  Colts have zero talent on the DL.  Very little talent in the secondary.  You can't win anything important like that. 

On 1/7/2019 at 8:57 AM, Leader said:

Pulling for the Upset Bracket to win:
Indianapolis - the Colts are putting together a nice "come back" story and since we're out of it, I'm all in to stories. 
Los Angeles Rams - while not necessarily an upset - any time I can root for Dallas to be eliminated....I usually do.
Los Angeles Chargers - my personal "feel good" story team and GB could check off the top box on their offseason "To Do List"
Philadelphia - why I think NOLA the favorite over last years SB winner and the hottest team (other than the Colts) to be in the playoffs.....dont know.

I'm on board with all these except Indy/KC - I'd like KC and Reid to get their playoff monkeys off their backs. Although both teams appear built for a long-ish haul, so KC/Indy just may become an AFC playoff perennial. 

Other than that, yeah - f*ck Dallas, Rivers 4 lyfe, and an Eagles Super Bowl berth = MAXIMUM CHAOS. 

6th overall guard, three three and outs and a defense that hasn't stopped the Chiefs once. 

Vita Vea/Daron Payne/ Fitzpatrick / Davenport / James / Alexander / even Smith/Vander Esch made more sense there. 

He did his job, which is all he can do. The three and outs are due to Luck playing ****ty at QB and the receivers not getting open. 

Those two did NOT make more sense. Davenport has done NOTHING. They have Hooker at safety, he's out today by the way, so no James did not make more sense. 

Just now, Golfman said:

He did his job, which is all he can do. The three and outs are due to Luck playing ****ty at QB and the receivers not getting open.

Great protection doesn't guarantee success on offense? 

Can you name a defense with a great pass rush that wasn't successful? 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Disagree.  He's a good player no doubt, but he's not going to get them as far as literally a half a dozen other players would have.  Colts have zero talent on the DL.  Very little talent in the secondary.  You can't win anything important like that. 

I get your point and would be pissed if we drafted a guard in round 1 this year even though it is clearly a need. Nelson has been terrific so to say it's a bad pick isn't true. Especially when you throw out names like Vea and Payne. 

Great protection doesn't guarantee success on offense? 

Can you name a defense with a great pass rush that wasn't successful? 

Based on where we've ranked regarding sacks, I'd say ours for the past two years. 

Archived