Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Yes, just as you could play someone you drafted in S16 for 7 games and they only cost one tag.

Yeah, that's someone who never accrued starter status. Not someone who was a starter for two full seasons.

Just now, pwny said:

Yeah, that's someone who never accrued starter status. Not someone who was a starter for two full seasons.

The point of making rookies 1 tag in the first place was to remove the opportunity cost of playing them instead of the "draft and stash for two seasons" method.

Watson was a starting QB. He never hit the draft pool afterwards. He shouldn't cost less than the starting rate.

Tammy had to spend 3 tags on Osemele for 4 seasons despite playing him at a 2 position spot, but a QB can accrue starter years and never cost starting tags? That's bogus.

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Watson was a starting QB. He never hit the draft pool afterwards. He shouldn't cost less than the starting rate.

Tammy had to spend 3 tags on Osemele for 4 seasons despite playing him at a 2 position spot, but a QB can accrue starter years and never cost starting tags? That's bogus.

Again, all rookies can. That's the whole point of them costing 1 tag: to remove the opportunity cost of fielding them. In short, rookie seasons don't count towards accrued seasons. It's a calculated perk to make rookies more valuable in the Summer draft and to encourage owners to play more rookies. No one would want to field rookies if it meant that they needed to field full price for them afterwards.

Watson never completed a season as a non-rookie starter.

1 minute ago, pwny said:

The rule is that a player can't be kept for less than what they were previously kept for unless they hit the draft. That's it.

Osemele was kept for three tags before moving to guard. So he couldn't be kept for less than three tags unless he hit the draft. Same with JJ Watt and the 4/3 DE, 3/4 DE conundrum he's in now.

Watson has never been kept for more than one tag. And he hasn't played enough games in a season to cost more than one tag. So he can continue to be kept for one tag. Forever if he plays seven games a season.

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Again, all rookies can. That's the whole point of them costing 1 tag: to remove the opportunity cost of fielding them. In short, rookie seasons don't count towards accrued seasons. It's a calculated perk to make rookies more valuable in the Summer draft and to encourage owners to play more rookies. No one would want to field rookies if it meant that they needed to field full price for them afterwards.

Then costing one tag to begin with is the opportunity cost. They shouldn't be able to cost less than other starters after being a full time starter. They get the benefit for the two times they can cost one tag no matter what. There shouldn't be extra crap after that.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Watson has never been kept for more than one tag. And he hasn't played enough games in a season to cost more than one tag. So he can continue to be kept for one tag. Forever if he plays seven games a season.

And I'm specifically arguing that by playing a 16 game season, there's no logical reason that it shouldn't count as his accrued season. I get that Nacho is saying it doesn't count. I'm saying it's stupid to not have it count.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Y'all shouldn't have voted for it. 🤷

This isn’t anything a part of what I was told. Rookies costing one tag is fine by me. All this other garbage never would have gotten my vote.

All we were ever told was that rookies cost one tag, and that it was limited along with the part time starters to two per team combined.

Also, why does he get two “non-accrued because they were rookies” and also one rookie? I thought the limit was two? Or is this some other trash loophole?

Just now, pwny said:

Also, why does he get two “non-accrued because they were rookies” and also one rookie? I thought the limit was two? Or is this some other trash loophole?

He has played zero games in the NSFL since his rookie NFL season. He didn't play in S15 or S16. So he's a practice squad player more than he is a rookie being kept for one tag.

14 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Watson never completed a season as a non-rookie starter.

I think I get it now.

Question: Could, in theory, someone draft a rookie QB, start all 16 games that same season, then the following year (after his rookie season), start both seasons 16 games, and still be 1 tag? Or would the second season require 7 starts or less to preserve the 1 tag?

Archived